|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Louise and Genevieve tour the panicked city, where does Louise tell her sister and escort that she wants to travel to?
2. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, what is the noticeable difference in appearance of the figure in the doorway?
(a) The hair.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The smile.
(d) The fingers.
3. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
(a) Shucking corn.
(b) Making beds.
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Tending chickens.
4. When the person and the ship emerge from the wormhole in Chapter 5, how much space is between them?
(a) 10 meters.
(b) 70 meters.
(c) 100 meters.
(d) 700 meters.
5. According to the girls' rescuer, how long has the rescuer been dead for?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 800 years.
(d) 500 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are traveling aboard the overloaded space plane as it ascends through Lalonde's atmosphere?
2. In order to let the others escape at the aerodome, which of the group members rides into the woods to create a diversion?
3. Who is the mayor of the city that Al is overtaking?
4. According to Sarha Mitcham, how many people will need to remain aboard the space plane when it docks?
5. At what hotel is Al Capone staying at on Monterey?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
2. When Jezzibella offers to go along with Al, Al tells her she can accompany him if she does what she is told. How does Jezzibella respond?
3. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
4. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
5. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
6. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
7. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
8. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
9. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
10. What is Al Capone's only disappointment as he looks out the window of his hotel suite on Monterey?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)