|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the voidhawks have been near Rubra for ten hours, how many new ships join up with the voidhawks?
2. As the story opens, how long has it been since Louise has heard from her father?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Eight days.
3. The stranger, who rescues Al, is originally from ____________.
4. What city is in a panic when Louise arrives?
5. When the person and the ship emerge from the wormhole in Chapter 5, how much space is between them?
(a) 10 meters.
(b) 70 meters.
(c) 100 meters.
(d) 700 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Carmitha's instincts telling her to go instead of going to Bytham?
2. Who is the head of Tranquility's ESA station?
3. When Al Capone's group overtakes the mayor's office, how many of the mayor's staff members are corralled into the deputy health director's office?
4. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
5. When Capone is on Monterey, how many possessed are now on New California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Louise and her sister creeping around the Cricklade manor like mice while they wait for their father to return?
2. Why was the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service originally created?
3. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
4. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
5. According to the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, why is Syrinx at the bungalow?
6. According to Jezzibella, what is the difference between a rifle and a machine gun?
7. What does each bungalow on Eden have?
8. Describe how Al Capone is supposed to call for a cab in his new city.
9. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
10. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)