|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, who is standing in the doorway?
2. What county do the Kavanaughs live in?
(a) Abilene County.
(b) Ellsworth County.
(c) Stoke County.
(d) Madison County.
3. On the way to the aerodome, what does Carmitha emerge from her caravan holding?
(a) A map.
(b) A sword.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A purse.
4. Who is the person that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
(a) Cherri Meyer.
(b) Ivan Fletcher.
(c) Alkad Mzu.
(d) Roberto Celina.
5. How many people are traveling aboard the overloaded space plane as it ascends through Lalonde's atmosphere?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the insurrection that Louise's father is trying to quell?
2. As the story opens, how many Duke-days had it been since any rain had fallen?
3. In order to let the others escape at the aerodome, which of the group members rides into the woods to create a diversion?
4. When Al Capone's group overtakes the mayor's office, how many of the mayor's staff members are corralled into the deputy health director's office?
5. According to Sarha Mitcham, how many people will need to remain aboard the space plane when it docks?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
2. What is Al Capone's only disappointment as he looks out the window of his hotel suite on Monterey?
3. When Genevieve sees the planet that contains the Lowell Sea, how does she describe the planet's difference from Norfolk?
4. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
5. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
6. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
7. According to the neural expert's promise, what will always be there for Gerald Skibbow?
8. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
9. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
10. According to Kiera, what is an indication of Dariat's true instability?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)