|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden responsible for inventing?
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The virus.
2. Aboard the Tantu, who is possessing the body of the ship's captain?
3. According to the conversation that takes place at the bungalow in Eden, how old is Syrinx?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 27 years old.
4. What type of star is Tunja?
(a) A blue tan.
(b) A white light.
(c) A yellow sun.
(d) A red dwarf.
5. When Monica and Samuel try to apprehend Mzu at the Laxa and Ahmed offices, how many Edenist agents close in on the conference room?
6. What does the person who is ushered into Capone's hotel suite at gunpoint want to discuss with Capone?
(d) The Confederation's tactical plans.
7. When the story shifts from Syrinx to the editing suite showing fifteen holoscreens along one wall, who is the senior news editor in charge?
(a) Kirstie McShane.
(b) Kelly Tirrel.
(c) Antonio Whitelocke.
(d) Kate Elvin.
8. When Syrinx and Wing-Tsit talk for the eighth time, what does Wing-Tsit tell Syrinx that she is?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A transient.
(c) A revealer.
(d) A tourist.
9. Where does Voi first meet Dr. Mzu?
(a) In Voi's office.
(b) In the lift processor.
(c) On the Tantu.
(d) In the spaceport.
10. As a result of the civil and commercial starflight quarantine, who is facing having to lay off staff in all seventeen of his company's foundry stations?
11. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people were lifted out from Mortonridge during the primary evacuation operation?
(a) Over 20,000.
(b) Over 18,000.
(c) Over 24,000.
(d) Over 22,000.
12. When Ralph Hiltch meets with Princess Kirsten in person, who is NOT among those present?
(a) Joshua Calvert.
(b) Roche Skark.
(c) Sylvester Geray.
(d) Jannike Dermot.
13. When Syrinx names the owl at the bungalow in Eden, what location rushes towards her?
(a) Oenone Island.
(b) Elvin Island.
(c) Pamiers Island.
(d) Pernick Island.
14. According to Louise, where does she believe Quinn Dexter is heading to when the ship that drops out of the communications net flies away?
15. As Kiera contemplates moving Valisk into another universe, how many people are currently in Valisk?
(a) Close to 2,000,000.
(b) Close to 1,400,000.
(c) Close to 500,000.
(d) Close to 900,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to grow the Valisk population by five million people, for how long would Kiera have to impose permanent pregnancy for every female?
2. When the navy squadron's commanding admiral raises the fleet's condition level to amber, which ship has dropped out of the communications net?
3. When the ship that has dropped out of the communications net flies away, what does Louise say the ship is carrying?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, who is ushered into Capone's hotel suite at gunpoint?
5. Who replaces Ross Nash as Kiera's deputy?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)