1. As the story opens, how many Duke-days had it been since any rain had fallen?
2. Where is the insurrection that Louise's father is trying to quell?
3. As the story opens, how long has it been since Louise has heard from her father?
4. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's sister?
5. What county do the Kavanaughs live in?
6. What alerts Louise and her sister to the impending arrival of her father?
A train's whistle.
7. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
8. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
This section contains 3,799 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)