1. As the story opens, how many Duke-days had it been since any rain had fallen?
2. Where is the insurrection that Louise's father is trying to quell?
(a) New York.
3. As the story opens, how long has it been since Louise has heard from her father?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three days.
4. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's sister?
5. What county do the Kavanaughs live in?
(a) Madison County.
(b) Abilene County.
(c) Ellsworth County.
(d) Stoke County.
6. What alerts Louise and her sister to the impending arrival of her father?
(a) Their father's voice.
(b) A train's whistle.
(c) Their yelling nanny.
(d) A barking dog.
7. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
8. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
(a) Tending chickens.
(b) Riding horses.
(c) Making beds.
(d) Shucking corn.
This section contains 3,799 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)