1. As the story opens, how many Duke-days had it been since any rain had fallen?
2. Where is the insurrection that Louise's father is trying to quell?
(d) New York.
3. As the story opens, how long has it been since Louise has heard from her father?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Eight days.
4. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's sister?
5. What county do the Kavanaughs live in?
(a) Ellsworth County.
(b) Abilene County.
(c) Stoke County.
(d) Madison County.
6. What alerts Louise and her sister to the impending arrival of her father?
(a) A train's whistle.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) Their father's voice.
(d) Their yelling nanny.
7. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
8. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
(a) Riding horses.
(b) Shucking corn.
(c) Tending chickens.
(d) Making beds.
This section contains 3,799 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)