|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Aunt Mae's role in David's romantic life. Does she help or hinder his relationship? Use the book to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
How does the narrative tone affect the novel? Consider the author's straightforward delivery vs. the times he uses symbolic descriptive passages.
Essay Topic 3
How is poverty a driving force in this novel? What message does the author send about poverty? Give examples from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)