Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
Essay Topic 1
Follow the development of David's character throughout this novel. What things are most significant in his development? Why? Give examples of David's character development from the novel with examples and quotes.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of family explored in this novel? Define theme in your discussion and use quotes or examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of historical references throughout the novel and quote the references. What makes these references important?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)