|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
2. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
3. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
4. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
5. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between David and Aunt Mae. Use examples and quotes from the novel to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
How is childhood defined in "The Neon Bible"? Consider both David's childhood with that of his classmates. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Explore isolation as a theme in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give examples of how isolation changes the characters.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)