|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use inner monologue to develop David's character? How is this effective or ineffective? Why? Define inner monologue and give examples of its use in the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the narrative tone affect the novel? Consider the author's straightforward delivery vs. the times he uses symbolic descriptive passages.
Essay Topic 3
What commentary does the author provide on education? Consider formal and informal education.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)