|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
2. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
3. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
4. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
5. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrative tone affect the novel? Consider the author's straightforward delivery vs. the times he uses symbolic descriptive passages.
Essay Topic 2
How are gender roles defined in this novel? What is significant about this representation? Give examples of the roles of both men and women.
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "The Neon Bible"? How does it fit in this genre? How does it defy it? Define genres and give quotes from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)