|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
2. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
3. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
4. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
5. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae help make David's graduation night special?
2. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
3. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
4. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
5. Why do David and Jo Lynne climb a hill in "Chapter 7"?
6. How does Aunt Mae help David with his love life in "Chapter 7"?
7. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
8. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
9. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
10. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between David's parents. How does their relationship impact other characters? What themes are expressed in their relationship? Give examples of how David's parents interact and the direct effect it has on others.
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author provide on education? Consider formal and informal education.
Essay Topic 3
The ending of "The Neon Bible" is full of uncertainty for David. Are there resolutions to the conflicts in this novel?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)