|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
4. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
5. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
2. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
3. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
4. How does Aunt Mae help David with his love life in "Chapter 7"?
5. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
6. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
7. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
8. Why do David and Jo Lynne climb a hill in "Chapter 7"?
9. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
10. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between David's parents. How does their relationship impact other characters? What themes are expressed in their relationship? Give examples of how David's parents interact and the direct effect it has on others.
Essay Topic 2
What genre is "The Neon Bible"? How does it fit in this genre? How does it defy it? Define genres and give quotes from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How is childhood defined in "The Neon Bible"? Consider both David's childhood with that of his classmates. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)