Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between David's parents. How does their relationship impact other characters? What themes are expressed in their relationship? Give examples of how David's parents interact and the direct effect it has on others.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the hills as a setting in this novel. How does this setting affect the characters and the plot? Define setting in your analysis and give examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between David and Aunt Mae. Use examples and quotes from the novel to support your analysis.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)