|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
2. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
3. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
4. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
5. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in this novel? Discuss how the author uses religion in the novel. How does it affect the characters in the novel? Give examples of the use of religion and quotes to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
How is poverty a driving force in this novel? What message does the author send about poverty? Give examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
How is childhood defined in "The Neon Bible"? Consider both David's childhood with that of his classmates. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)