Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
Essay Topic 1
How does the narrative tone affect the novel? Consider the author's straightforward delivery vs. the times he uses symbolic descriptive passages.
Essay Topic 2
Follow the development of David's character throughout this novel. What things are most significant in his development? Why? Give examples of David's character development from the novel with examples and quotes.
Essay Topic 3
The ending of "The Neon Bible" is full of uncertainty for David. Are there resolutions to the conflicts in this novel?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)