|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
2. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
3. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
5. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
2. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
3. How does David leave town after his mother dies?
4. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
5. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
6. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
7. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
8. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
9. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
10. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
Essay Topic 1
How is childhood defined in "The Neon Bible"? Consider both David's childhood with that of his classmates. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the symbolism behind trains in "The Neon Bible." Define symbolism and give examples from the book to strengthen your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between David and Aunt Mae. Use examples and quotes from the novel to support your analysis.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)