|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 21 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
2. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something cold.
(b) Something soft.
(c) Something hard.
(d) Something runny.
3. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
(a) In front of a restaurant.
(b) At the bottom of the hill.
(c) At the top of the hill.
(d) In town.
4. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
5. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A watch.
(c) A check.
(d) A train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
2. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
3. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
4. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
5. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
2. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
3. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
4. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
5. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
6. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
7. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
8. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
9. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
10. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)