|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He has straight A's.
(b) His whole family is there.
(c) He's the first in the family.
(d) He is giving a speech.
3. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
(b) Coal mines.
4. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His cuff-links.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
5. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
(a) That she come back the next month.
(b) That he visit her the next month.
(c) That they talk on the phone.
(d) That they write letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
2. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
4. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
5. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
2. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
3. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
4. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
5. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
6. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
7. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
8. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
9. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
10. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)