|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's boss.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) Jo Lynne.
(d) David's mother.
2. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Eats lunch.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(d) Buys a train ticket.
3. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To take care of his mother.
(b) To find a girlfriend.
(c) To attend college.
(d) To start his own business.
4. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) When he agrees to go to college.
(b) In three months.
(c) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
(d) When she has money.
5. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Try the nail polish.
(c) Look at the medicine.
(d) Ask for free samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
2. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
3. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
4. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
5. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
2. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
3. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
4. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
5. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
6. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
7. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
8. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
9. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
10. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)