|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(c) The preacher.
(d) Aunt Mae.
2. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) None of them.
(b) The farming ones.
(c) The ones closest to his house.
(d) Any of them.
3. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) In a cab.
(b) At David's house.
(c) In a train station.
(d) On a train.
4. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A singing gig.
(b) Her nap.
(c) A night class.
(d) A date of her own.
5. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(a) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
2. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
3. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
4. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
5. How does David dig his mother's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David leave town after his mother dies?
2. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
3. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
4. Why do David and Jo Lynne climb a hill in "Chapter 7"?
5. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
6. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
7. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
8. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
9. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
10. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)