|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He feels bad for him.
(b) He buys things from David.
(c) He owes him money.
(d) He wants David to invest it for him.
2. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To buy toilet paper.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To fill prescriptions.
(d) To pick up newspapers.
3. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
(a) Older women.
(b) David's former school mates.
4. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To check his ticket stub.
(b) He thought David was someone else.
(c) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
(d) To ask about his personal life.
5. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
2. Where is David's father buried?
3. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
4. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
5. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
2. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
3. How does Aunt Mae help David with his love life in "Chapter 7"?
4. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
5. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
6. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
7. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
8. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
9. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
10. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)