|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) Her wedding picture.
(b) David's baby picture.
(c) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(d) The picture of David's father's grave.
2. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a plane.
(c) She drives.
(d) On a bus.
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To see about a job.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) To play a gig.
5. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) In bed with her.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Outside on the porch.
(d) With his toy train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
2. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
3. How is David's father's grave marked?
4. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
5. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
2. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
3. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
4. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
5. How does David leave town after his mother dies?
6. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
7. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
8. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
9. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
10. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)