|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A check.
2. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Jo Lynne.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's boss.
(d) Aunt Mae.
3. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To try to convert him.
(b) To collect money for the church.
(c) To ask to do the memorial service for his mother.
(d) To convince him to put his mother in an institution.
4. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
5. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) No one.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) The train conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
2. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
3. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
4. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
5. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
2. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
3. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
5. Why do David and Jo Lynne climb a hill in "Chapter 7"?
6. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
7. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
8. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
9. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
10. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)