|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) His father's room.
(d) The back porch.
2. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Delivers medicine.
(b) Answers the phone.
(c) Cleans after hours.
(d) Passes out flyers.
3. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) The train conductor.
(c) No one.
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a plane.
(c) She drives.
(d) On a train.
5. In "Chapter 9," what does David say he must do before he can find relief?
(a) Run away from home.
(b) Start praying.
(c) Bury his mother.
(d) Kill the preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
2. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
3. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
4. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
5. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
2. What does David do when his mother is missing in "Chapter 9"?
3. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
4. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
5. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
6. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
7. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
8. How does Aunt Mae help make David's graduation night special?
9. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
10. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)