|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David dig his mother's grave?
(a) With his own shovel.
(b) With his father's shovel.
(c) With some of the farming equipment.
(d) With her gardening trowel.
2. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To a closed carnival.
(b) To the factory grounds.
(c) To the river.
(d) Where new houses are being built.
3. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is lonely.
(b) That she is a new woman.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That she is troubled.
4. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Cleans after hours.
(b) Passes out flyers.
(c) Answers the phone.
(d) Delivers medicine.
5. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) A week.
(b) Half a day.
(c) The entire night.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
2. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
3. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
4. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
5. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
2. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
3. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
4. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
5. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
6. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
7. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
8. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
9. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
10. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)