|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
(a) Pleased she no longer goes to church.
(b) Mad at David.
(c) Happy she's with her son.
(d) Afraid of her.
2. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Eats lunch.
(b) Buys a train ticket.
(c) Buries the preacher.
(d) Meets someone for coffee in town.
3. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) When he can no longer afford to ride.
(b) In Nashville.
(c) In the south.
(d) He isn't sure.
4. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
(b) Trying to take his job.
(c) Spreading rumors.
(d) Cheating with someone's husband.
5. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) One shot.
(b) Two shots.
(c) Three shots.
(d) Four shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Jo Lynne first comes in the store does it take before David talks to her?
2. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
3. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
4. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
5. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)