|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) On a train.
(b) At David's house.
(c) In a cab.
(d) In a train station.
2. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
(a) People trying to steal.
(b) The smell of the store.
(c) The low wages.
(d) People asking about his mother.
3. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She accepts immediately.
(b) She says she has to think about it.
(c) She doesn't say anything.
(d) She says she has to ask her mother first.
4. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For having foreign wives.
(c) For being violent.
(d) For losing the war.
5. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
2. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
3. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
4. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
5. How is David's father's grave marked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
2. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
3. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
4. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
5. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
6. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
7. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
8. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
9. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
10. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)