|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) His father's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The back porch.
2. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
(a) He has to figure it out.
(b) He is excited for the possibilities.
(c) He doesn't care where he is anymore.
(d) He knows it will never change.
3. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He wants David to invest it for him.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He feels bad for him.
(d) He buys things from David.
4. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something hard.
(b) Something soft.
(c) Something cold.
(d) Something runny.
5. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
(a) That he's in trouble.
(b) That he'll go back to the hills.
(c) That he'll be fine.
(d) That he'll find love.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
2. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
3. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
4. How does David dig his mother's grave?
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
2. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
3. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
4. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
5. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
6. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
7. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
8. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
9. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
10. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)