|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(b) Rearranging her bedroom.
(c) Crying in the bathroom.
(d) Sleeping in the living room.
3. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He trips over her.
(b) He opens her bedroom door.
(c) She calls for him.
(d) He goes to the church.
4. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
5. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
(b) Coal mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
2. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
3. In "Chapter 9," what does David say he must do before he can find relief?
4. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
5. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
2. What does David do when his mother is missing in "Chapter 9"?
3. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
4. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
5. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
6. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
7. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
8. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
9. How does Aunt Mae help make David's graduation night special?
10. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)