|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) With his toy train.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Outside on the porch.
(d) In bed with her.
2. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To buy toilet paper.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To pick up newspapers.
(d) To fill prescriptions.
3. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
(a) So she can be alone with a man.
(b) So he can meet Clyde.
(c) So they can celebrate.
(d) So he can drive them home.
4. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) The drugstore.
(d) David's house.
5. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) He exits the train.
(b) He stares out the window.
(c) He calls for help.
(d) He gets out of his seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
2. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
3. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
4. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
5. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae help David with his love life in "Chapter 7"?
2. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
3. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
4. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
5. How does Aunt Mae help make David's graduation night special?
6. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
7. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
8. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
9. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
10. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)