|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She asks him for help.
(b) She stares.
(c) She cries.
(d) She goes to sleep.
2. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) David's house.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The movie theater.
3. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something cold.
(b) Something hard.
(c) Something soft.
(d) Something runny.
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a plane.
(d) She drives.
5. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
2. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
3. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
4. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
5. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
2. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
3. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
4. Why do David and the conductor form a relationship in "Chapter 10"?
5. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
6. Why do David and Jo Lynne climb a hill in "Chapter 7"?
7. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
8. What does David do when his mother is missing in "Chapter 9"?
9. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
10. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)