|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How he isn't invited to them.
(b) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
(c) How he wants to be rich.
(d) How his father isn't there.
2. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Sleeping in the living room.
(b) Crying in the bathroom.
(c) Rearranging her bedroom.
(d) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
3. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To the river.
(b) To a closed carnival.
(c) To the factory grounds.
(d) Where new houses are being built.
4. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
5. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
(a) The conductor.
(b) A pick-pocket.
(c) No one.
(d) A ticket operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
2. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
3. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
4. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
5. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
2. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
3. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
4. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
5. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
6. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
7. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
8. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
9. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
10. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)