|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Passes out flyers.
(b) Delivers medicine.
(c) Answers the phone.
(d) Cleans after hours.
2. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A week.
(c) The entire night.
(d) Half a day.
3. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
(a) That he visit her the next month.
(b) That they talk on the phone.
(c) That they write letters.
(d) That she come back the next month.
4. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) At David's house.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a cab.
(d) In a train station.
5. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares more about it.
(b) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(c) He cares less about it.
(d) He laughs at himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
2. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
3. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
4. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
5. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
2. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
3. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
4. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
5. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
6. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
7. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
8. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
9. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
10. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)