|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts indifferent.
(b) She acts harsh.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She acts kind.
2. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He trips over her.
(b) He goes to the church.
(c) He opens her bedroom door.
(d) She calls for him.
3. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
(a) When the train stops.
(b) When he runs out of money.
(c) Once he has a job.
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Buries the preacher.
(b) Buys a train ticket.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Meets someone for coffee in town.
5. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
(a) That he did the right thing.
(b) That he is at peace.
(c) That someone is in the house.
(d) That he is in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
2. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
3. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
4. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
5. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)