|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To the factory grounds.
(b) To a closed carnival.
(c) To the river.
(d) Where new houses are being built.
2. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
(a) In town.
(b) Near the radio.
(c) At the drugstore.
(d) In the upstairs room.
4. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's boss.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Jo Lynne.
5. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A local newspaper.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) A college.
(d) The preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
2. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
3. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
4. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
5. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
2. What does Aunt Mae promise David in "Chapter 8"?
3. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
4. How does David leave town after his mother dies?
5. Where do David and Jo Lynne go on their first date?
6. What does David's mother do on his graduation night?
7. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
8. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
9. How does David reflect on what happened in the hills before he left town?
10. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)