|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) She's too busy with the band.
(b) Her work becomes poor.
(c) The factory closes.
(d) She doesn't show up for work.
2. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Run for public office.
(c) Buy expensive things from David.
(d) Join fraternities.
3. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) The preacher.
(b) A local newspaper.
(c) A college.
(d) Aunt Mae.
4. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a marble gravestone.
(b) With a wooden heart.
(c) With a white cross.
(d) With a wreath.
5. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Help David get into high school.
(b) Find her a job.
(c) Watch after mother.
(d) Lend her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
2. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
3. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
4. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
5. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)