|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the backyard.
2. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
(b) To check his ticket stub.
(c) To ask about his personal life.
(d) He thought David was someone else.
3. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
4. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
5. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Try the nail polish.
(b) Look at the medicine.
(c) Ask for free samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
2. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
4. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
5. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aunt Mae home more in "Chapter 8"?
2. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
3. How does David leave town after his mother dies?
4. Why does David want to bury his mother by himself?
5. What makes David's father burial painful for his mother?
6. How does David meet Jo Lynne?
7. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
8. What does David do when his mother is missing in "Chapter 9"?
9. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
10. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)