|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The lights won't turn on.
(b) It is missing a window pane.
(c) It is full of junk.
(d) The door doesn't lock.
2. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Bible conferences.
(b) Welcome parties.
(c) Candlelight vigils.
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) His mother told him.
4. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she says to stop the music.
(d) Because she is dancing well.
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) He goes to her church.
(c) His mother plays cards with her.
(d) They used to be neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David's father is drafted?
2. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
3. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
4. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
5. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
6. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
7. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
8. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
9. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
10. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)