|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) A book he read as a child.
(b) Traveling with his father.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Christmas as a child.
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He hit Bruce.
(c) He threw rocks at them.
(d) He ran away.
3. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is dancing well.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(d) Because she says to stop the music.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his violent past.
(b) Because of his size.
(c) Because of his reputation.
(d) Because of his strength.
5. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She is trying to find a new job.
(b) She picks up extra shifts.
(c) She is embarassed.
(d) She starts singing with a band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
2. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David's father is drafted?
2. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
3. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
5. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
6. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
7. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
8. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
9. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
10. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)