|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The women who work there.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) The general contractor.
(d) David's mother.
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Ham and biscuits.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Biscuits and eggs.
3. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Unemployed mechanics.
(b) Young men.
(c) Mostly women.
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The trees.
(c) The towns.
(d) People getting on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
2. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
3. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
4. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's life in school like in the fourth grade?
2. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
3. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
4. What changes for Aunt Mae after the factory party in "Chapter 5"?
5. What happens when David's father is drafted?
6. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
7. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
8. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
9. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
10. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)