|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Plays for a party at David's house.
(b) Breaks up.
(c) Finds new members.
(d) Plays wedding receptions.
2. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A robbery charge.
(b) A battery charge.
(c) A tax evasion charge.
(d) A morals charge.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(c) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(d) Because he wants to write a novel.
4. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She misses George.
(b) She could be happy in the hills.
(c) She should have calmed down at the party.
(d) She likes dancing all night.
5. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) It always rains.
(b) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(c) There are snakes.
(d) There is no one to play with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
4. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
2. How do the townspeople feel about David's mother in "Chapter 7"?
3. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
4. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does David do when he returns home from school?
6. What happens when David's father is drafted?
7. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
8. How does the revival in "Chapter 4" affect David's town?
9. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
10. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)