|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Sleeps a lot.
(b) Rents out a room.
(c) Takes care of the crops.
(d) Makes bread to sell.
2. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He is pleased with her.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He doesn't know her well.
3. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her clothing.
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
5. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He puked on them.
(c) He hit Bruce.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
5. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
3. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
4. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
5. What is David's life in school like in the fourth grade?
6. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
7. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
8. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
9. What changes for Aunt Mae after the factory party in "Chapter 5"?
10. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)