|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He hit Bruce.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He puked on them.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she falls asleep.
(b) Because she doesn't have money.
(c) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(d) Because she is afraid.
3. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) The train was moving too fast.
(b) He wasn't interested.
(c) They didn't pass a town.
(d) He was sleeping.
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Rents out a room.
(b) Makes bread to sell.
(c) Sleeps a lot.
(d) Takes care of the crops.
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because he is sleeping.
(b) Because she is leaning on the door.
(c) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
2. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
3. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
2. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
3. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
4. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
5. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
6. What does David's father try to do with the land at the new house in "Chapter 2"?
7. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
8. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
9. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
10. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)