|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They lose their religion.
(b) They move back overseas.
(c) They don't make any money.
(d) They sleep a lot.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a deacon.
(b) He is a reporter.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a painter.
3. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she says to stop the music.
(b) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(c) Because she kicks them off.
(d) Because she is dancing well.
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he didn't talk much.
(b) Because she was losing her mind.
(c) Because he couldn't count.
(d) Because he was small.
5. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
4. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
2. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
5. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
6. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
7. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
8. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
9. How does David react to learning that his father died in the war?
10. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)