|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He is running for mayor.
(b) It isn't well known.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Call the authorities.
(b) Hit him with a ruler.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Kick him out of school.
3. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Breaks up.
(b) Finds new members.
(c) Plays wedding receptions.
(d) Plays for a party at David's house.
4. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He wants to approve it first.
(b) He looks forward to it.
(c) He doesn't know it's in town.
(d) He doesn't like it.
5. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She receives a medal in the mail.
(b) He is in a dangerous country.
(c) He hasn't written in a while.
(d) He says he has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
2. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
3. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
4. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
5. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
6. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
7. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
8. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
9. How does David react to learning that his father died in the war?
10. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)