|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She thinks he dislikes her.
(b) She catches him cheating.
(c) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(d) She sees him steal from another student.
2. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He doesn't like it.
(b) He looks forward to it.
(c) He wants to approve it first.
(d) He doesn't know it's in town.
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is missing a window pane.
(b) The door doesn't lock.
(c) The lights won't turn on.
(d) It is full of junk.
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The trees.
(b) The towns.
(d) People getting on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
2. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
4. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
3. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
4. Why does Aunt Mae leave David in "Chapter 8"?
5. How does Aunt Mae disappoint David on his graduation night?
6. What job does David obtain in "Chapter 7"?
7. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
8. What happens when the war ends in "Chapter 6"?
9. What does David do after finding his mother in "Chapter 9"?
10. How does David feel when Jo Lynne comes to say goodbye to him in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)