|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because he rarely saw her.
(b) Because they were different.
(c) Because he was afraid of her.
(d) Because she was hard to know.
2. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George went back to college.
(b) George moved away.
(c) George started dating her sister.
(d) George opened a car wash.
3. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(b) People getting on the train.
(c) The trees.
(d) The towns.
4. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To speak to a judge.
(b) To be part of a play.
(c) To help his father with money.
(d) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
5. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To play music.
(b) To meet men.
(c) For her new job.
(d) To see the latest movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
2. When is David's father drafted?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
2. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
3. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
5. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
6. How does the revival in "Chapter 4" affect David's town?
7. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
8. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
9. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
10. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)