|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A morals charge.
(b) A battery charge.
(c) A tax evasion charge.
(d) A robbery charge.
4. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A woman.
(d) Bobbie Lee Taylor.
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he burps.
(b) Because he won't stand up.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he talks back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
4. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David say his family reacted to George?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
3. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
4. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
5. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
6. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
7. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
8. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
9. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
10. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)