|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He is pleased with her.
(b) He doesn't know her well.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He dislikes her.
2. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he was small.
(c) Because he didn't talk much.
(d) Because he couldn't count.
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
4. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
5. When is David's father drafted?
(a) His father isn't drafted.
(b) Near the end of the war.
(c) Once the war started.
(d) Before the war begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
4. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
5. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
2. How does the revival in "Chapter 4" affect David's town?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
6. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
7. What is David's life in school like in the fourth grade?
8. What changes for Aunt Mae after the factory party in "Chapter 5"?
9. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
10. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)