|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is an economic depression.
(b) Few people drive cars.
(c) The men are at war.
(d) There is a shortage of parts.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his homework is late.
(b) Because he is the last student to sit down.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because his hair is messy.
3. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He threw rocks at them.
(b) He hit Bruce.
(c) He puked on them.
(d) He ran away.
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David wants to start his own farm.
(d) David wants to return to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
2. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
5. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
3. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
4. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
5. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
6. How does David react to learning that his father died in the war?
7. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
8. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
9. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
10. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)