Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she says to stop the music.
(d) Because she is dancing well.
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Covers his nose.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
3. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) His tenth day in town.
(b) His first day in town.
(c) His fifth day in town.
(d) The first weekend he is in town.
4. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She is too afraid.
(c) She knows she is a sinner.
(d) She is uncertain.
5. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(b) He is allowed out there alone.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) He can see the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
2. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
3. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
4. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
5. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," how do David's former classmates affect him?
2. What does David's father try to do with the land at the new house in "Chapter 2"?
3. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
4. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
5. What plans does David make for his future after leaving the hills?
6. How does David react after shooting the preacher?
7. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
8. In "Chapter 3," what does David do when he returns home from school?
9. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
10. What happens when Aunt Mae asks Flora for help in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)