|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To save their money.
(b) To honor their country.
(c) To avoid foreign women.
(d) To remember their religion.
2. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he didn't talk much.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he couldn't count.
3. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She tried to start a business.
(b) She wrote poetry.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She was less interested in playing.
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They tossed him in the river.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They told his dad.
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does David do when he returns home from school?
2. What happens when David's father is drafted?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
4. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
5. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
6. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
7. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
8. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
9. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
10. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)