|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she doesn't have money.
2. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He was sleeping.
(b) The train was moving too fast.
(c) They didn't pass a town.
(d) He wasn't interested.
3. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It fell on the floor.
(b) It got cold.
(c) She is sick when she makes it.
(d) It is poorly prepared.
4. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he won't stand up.
(b) Because he burps.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he talks back.
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They move the machines.
(b) They use a parking garage.
(c) They put down a new floor.
(d) They set up cubicle dividers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
2. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
2. What is David's life in school like in the fourth grade?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
4. What changes for Aunt Mae after the factory party in "Chapter 5"?
5. How does David react to learning that his father died in the war?
6. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
7. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
8. What happens when David's father is drafted?
9. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
10. How does Mrs. Watkins punish David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)