|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They move the machines.
(b) They use a parking garage.
(c) They put down a new floor.
(d) They set up cubicle dividers.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To avoid foreign women.
(b) To save their money.
(c) To remember their religion.
(d) To honor their country.
3. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and eggs.
(b) Ham and biscuits.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Cereal and oatmeal.
4. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Near the end of the war.
(b) Once the war started.
(c) Before the war begins.
(d) His father isn't drafted.
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) When he was in the first grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
3. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the strange woman at the end of "Chapter 4" tell David's family?
2. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
3. How does the revival in "Chapter 4" affect David's town?
4. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
5. How does David say his family reacted to George?
6. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
7. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
8. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
9. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
10. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)