|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He feels bad for his mother.
(b) He doesn't know how to feel.
(c) He has never been more sad.
(d) He can't think about his emotions.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his size.
3. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
4. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) A few months.
(b) About five years.
(c) It's the first revival.
(d) Over a year.
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They move the machines.
(b) They set up cubicle dividers.
(c) They use a parking garage.
(d) They put down a new floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
2. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
4. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
5. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel after attending the factory party?
2. How much time passes between "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 10"?
3. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
4. How does David decide where to go in "Chapter 10"?
5. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
6. What happens when the preacher comes to visit David in "Chapter 9"?
7. What happens when Jo Lynne comes to tell David she is leaving town?
8. What is David's life in school like in the fourth grade?
9. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
10. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)