|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her clothing.
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He hit Bruce.
(b) He threw rocks at them.
(c) He puked on them.
(d) He ran away.
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She likes dancing all night.
(b) She misses George.
(c) She could be happy in the hills.
(d) She should have calmed down at the party.
4. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To be part of a play.
(b) To help his father with money.
(c) To speak to a judge.
(d) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) That she is sorry.
(d) To call her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
5. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
2. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
3. Why do David's mother and father argue in "Chapter 2"?
4. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
6. In "Chapter 3," why does David get in trouble at school?
7. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
8. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
9. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
10. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)