|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he was small.
(b) Because he couldn't count.
(c) Because she was losing her mind.
(d) Because he didn't talk much.
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The porch.
(b) The car.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The couch.
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A robbery charge.
(b) A battery charge.
(c) A tax evasion charge.
(d) A morals charge.
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David can't wait to help.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David wants to return to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
5. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
2. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
3. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
4. What happens when Mrs. Watkins tries to relieve David from his room in "Chapter 3"?
5. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
6. Why does David sleep outside in "Chapter 2"?
7. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
8. In "Chapter 3," what does David do when he returns home from school?
9. How does David feel about Mrs. Watkins?
10. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)