|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He feels bad for his mother.
(b) He has never been more sad.
(c) He doesn't know how to feel.
(d) He can't think about his emotions.
2. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To shake his hand.
(b) To ask questions.
(c) To recommit to their religion.
(d) To lead the crowd in prayers.
3. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is full of junk.
(b) The door doesn't lock.
(c) It is missing a window pane.
(d) The lights won't turn on.
4. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Once the war started.
(b) Before the war begins.
(c) His father isn't drafted.
(d) Near the end of the war.
5. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(a) Her old purse.
(b) Brown bags.
(c) Plastic bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
4. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
5. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes David excited about school?
2. How does the revival in "Chapter 4" affect David's town?
3. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
4. What happens when David's father is drafted?
5. How does David say his family reacted to George?
6. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
7. What is David's new house like in "Chapter 2"?
8. What does David's father try to do with the land at the new house in "Chapter 2"?
9. How does Aunt Mae attract attention to herself at the factory party?
10. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)