|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Cereal and oatmeal.
(b) Biscuits and eggs.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Ham and biscuits.
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A rake.
(b) A plow.
(c) A cat.
(d) His clothing.
3. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(b) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(c) Because they wanted to visit there.
(d) Because of his fond memories there.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) To prove he is right.
5. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
(a) With hats.
(b) With bows.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With short hair cuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
2. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what makes David's lunch special?
2. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
3. What is the breakfast like that Aunt Mae prepares in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
5. How does Mrs. Watkins feel about David?
6. What is the party like at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
7. How does David say his family reacted to George?
8. How does the propeller factory affect David's town?
9. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor talk about during his revival in "Chapter 4"?
10. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)