|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she loves him.
(c) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(d) If she will go out with him one more time.
3. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
(a) He is excited for the possibilities.
(b) He knows it will never change.
(c) He doesn't care where he is anymore.
(d) He has to figure it out.
4. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her forehead.
(d) Her mouth.
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
(a) People trying to steal.
(b) The smell of the store.
(c) The low wages.
(d) People asking about his mother.
6. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To take care of his mother.
(b) To start his own business.
(c) To find a girlfriend.
(d) To attend college.
7. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) She's too busy with the band.
(b) She doesn't show up for work.
(c) Her work becomes poor.
(d) The factory closes.
8. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) The preacher.
9. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
(a) That they talk on the phone.
(b) That they write letters.
(c) That she come back the next month.
(d) That he visit her the next month.
10. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's boss.
(b) Jo Lynne.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) David's mother.
11. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Trying to take his job.
(b) Spreading rumors.
(c) Cheating with someone's husband.
(d) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
12. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A check.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new suit.
13. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
(a) Her father moves there.
(b) She gets lost.
(c) Her grandmother lives there.
(d) She is looking for work.
14. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) In a train station.
(b) At David's house.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a cab.
15. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(b) He wants to visit first.
(c) He wants money first.
(d) He decides to ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
2. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
3. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
4. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
5. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)