|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
(a) At the drugstore.
(b) In the upstairs room.
(c) Near the radio.
(d) In town.
3. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His cuff-links.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shirt.
4. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Her nap.
(b) A singing gig.
(c) A date of her own.
(d) A night class.
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
(a) The low wages.
(b) People trying to steal.
(c) People asking about his mother.
(d) The smell of the store.
6. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
(a) The conductor.
(b) A pick-pocket.
(c) No one.
(d) A ticket operator.
7. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A check.
(d) A new suit.
8. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Looks at a picture.
9. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(a) Washington, D.C.
10. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) He calls for help.
(b) He gets out of his seat.
(c) He stares out the window.
(d) He exits the train.
11. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) The movie is good.
(b) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(c) The tickets were cheap.
(d) No one else is in the theater.
12. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The third floor.
(d) Her bedroom.
13. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) The back porch.
(c) His father's room.
(d) The kitchen.
14. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) The preacher.
15. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Buy expensive things from David.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Join fraternities.
(d) Run for public office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
2. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
3. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
4. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
5. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)