|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) In Nashville.
(b) When he can no longer afford to ride.
(c) In the south.
(d) He isn't sure.
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Drive him.
(b) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(c) Give him advice.
(d) Stay home with his mother.
3. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Buys a train ticket.
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
(a) People trying to steal.
(b) People asking about his mother.
(c) The low wages.
(d) The smell of the store.
6. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In the town cemetery.
(d) In Italy.
7. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A local newspaper.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) A college.
(d) The preacher.
8. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(d) Washington, D.C.
9. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) It's where he wants to be.
(b) It's the same as yesterday.
(c) It's more cloudy.
(d) It's ugly.
10. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) He thought David was someone else.
(b) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
(c) To ask about his personal life.
(d) To check his ticket stub.
11. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
(a) To get fresh air.
(b) For a change.
(c) To start a music career.
(d) To marry Clyde.
12. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
(a) The third floor.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
13. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To try to convert him.
(b) To collect money for the church.
(c) To convince him to put his mother in an institution.
(d) To ask to do the memorial service for his mother.
14. How does David dig his mother's grave?
(a) With his father's shovel.
(b) With her gardening trowel.
(c) With his own shovel.
(d) With some of the farming equipment.
15. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(b) David's baby picture.
(c) The picture of David's father's grave.
(d) Her wedding picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
2. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
3. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
4. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
5. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)