|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's house.
(b) Another movie.
(c) An ice cream parlor.
(d) Jo Lynne's house.
2. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
(a) So he can drive them home.
(b) So she can be alone with a man.
(c) So he can meet Clyde.
(d) So they can celebrate.
3. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) He calls for help.
(b) He gets out of his seat.
(c) He stares out the window.
(d) He exits the train.
4. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is troubled.
(b) That she is lonely.
(c) That she is a new woman.
(d) That she is crazy.
5. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares more about it.
(b) He laughs at himself.
(c) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(d) He cares less about it.
6. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To buy toilet paper.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To fill prescriptions.
(d) To pick up newspapers.
7. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her smell.
(d) Her accent.
8. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) When she has money.
(b) In three months.
(c) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
(d) When he agrees to go to college.
9. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To try to convert him.
(b) To ask to do the memorial service for his mother.
(c) To collect money for the church.
(d) To convince him to put his mother in an institution.
10. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) David's house.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The drugstore.
11. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Jo Lynne.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's boss.
(d) Aunt Mae.
12. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He's the first in the family.
(b) He is giving a speech.
(c) He has straight A's.
(d) His whole family is there.
13. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) Half a day.
(b) A week.
(c) Two hours.
(d) The entire night.
14. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her forehead.
15. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She calls for him.
(b) He trips over her.
(c) He goes to the church.
(d) He opens her bedroom door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
2. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
3. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
4. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
5. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)