|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
(b) Spreading rumors.
(c) Cheating with someone's husband.
(d) Trying to take his job.
2. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 21 years old.
3. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To fill prescriptions.
(b) To buy toilet paper.
(c) To visit her father.
(d) To pick up newspapers.
4. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's boss.
(d) Jo Lynne.
5. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
(a) Older women.
(b) David's former school mates.
6. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the arm.
7. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He buys things from David.
(b) He wants David to invest it for him.
(c) He owes him money.
(d) He feels bad for him.
8. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
(a) Because he never cries.
(b) Because his mother is selfish.
(c) Because he isn't sad.
(d) Because he is too old.
9. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) Half a day.
(b) A week.
(c) The entire night.
(d) Two hours.
10. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She asks him for help.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She stares.
(d) She cries.
11. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
(b) How he isn't invited to them.
(c) How his father isn't there.
(d) How he wants to be rich.
12. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) She doesn't show up for work.
(b) The factory closes.
(c) She's too busy with the band.
(d) Her work becomes poor.
13. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) He gets out of his seat.
(b) He exits the train.
(c) He calls for help.
(d) He stares out the window.
14. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) David's house.
15. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
(a) On the other side of the river.
(b) Under the pines.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) In the middle of the crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
2. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
4. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
5. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)