|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) Two shots.
(b) One shot.
(c) Three shots.
(d) Four shots.
2. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Watch after mother.
(b) Help David get into high school.
(c) Lend her money.
(d) Find her a job.
3. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) No one else is in the theater.
(b) The tickets were cheap.
(c) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(d) The movie is good.
4. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) The preacher.
5. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
(a) He knows it will never change.
(b) He doesn't care where he is anymore.
(c) He is excited for the possibilities.
(d) He has to figure it out.
6. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He wants money first.
(b) He decides to ignore it.
(c) He wants to visit first.
(d) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
7. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He feels bad for him.
(b) He wants David to invest it for him.
(c) He buys things from David.
(d) He owes him money.
8. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
(a) Her grandmother lives there.
(b) Her father moves there.
(c) She gets lost.
(d) She is looking for work.
9. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) The ones closest to his house.
(b) The farming ones.
(c) None of them.
(d) Any of them.
10. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Washington, D.C.
(c) In the town cemetery.
(d) In Germany.
11. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) On a train.
(b) In a cab.
(c) At David's house.
(d) In a train station.
12. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
13. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
(a) Because he isn't sad.
(b) Because his mother is selfish.
(c) Because he is too old.
(d) Because he never cries.
14. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
15. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Look at the medicine.
(b) Try the nail polish.
(c) Ask for free samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
2. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
3. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
4. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
5. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)