|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the arm.
2. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To collect money for the church.
(b) To ask to do the memorial service for his mother.
(c) To try to convert him.
(d) To convince him to put his mother in an institution.
3. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He trips over her.
(b) He goes to the church.
(c) He opens her bedroom door.
(d) She calls for him.
4. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To buy a house.
(b) To play a gig.
(c) To see about a job.
(d) To visit family.
5. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
(b) To check his ticket stub.
(c) He thought David was someone else.
(d) To ask about his personal life.
6. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a wreath.
(b) With a white cross.
(c) With a marble gravestone.
(d) With a wooden heart.
7. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) One shot.
(b) Four shots.
(c) Three shots.
(d) Two shots.
8. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will go out with him one more time.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(d) If she loves him.
9. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For losing the war.
(b) For being violent.
(c) For having foreign wives.
(d) For being poor.
10. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Agrees to stay in touch.
11. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He wants money first.
(b) He wants to visit first.
(c) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(d) He decides to ignore it.
12. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Find her a job.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Watch after mother.
(d) Help David get into high school.
13. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Buys a train ticket.
(b) Eats lunch.
(c) Buries the preacher.
(d) Meets someone for coffee in town.
14. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's mother.
(b) Jo Lynne.
(c) David's boss.
(d) Aunt Mae.
15. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Cleans after hours.
(b) Answers the phone.
(c) Passes out flyers.
(d) Delivers medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
2. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
3. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
4. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
5. How does David dig his mother's grave?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)