|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To fill prescriptions.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To buy toilet paper.
(d) To pick up newspapers.
3. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's boss.
(d) Jo Lynne.
4. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Trying to take his job.
(b) Spreading rumors.
(c) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
(d) Cheating with someone's husband.
5. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) The movie is good.
(b) The tickets were cheap.
(c) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(d) No one else is in the theater.
6. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares more about it.
(b) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(c) He laughs at himself.
(d) He cares less about it.
7. In "Chapter 10," why does David think about his toy train?
(a) Because he is going to work on trains.
(b) Because he broke it.
(c) Because he is escaping.
(d) Because he left it at home.
8. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Give him advice.
(b) Stay home with his mother.
(c) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(d) Drive him.
9. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A local newspaper.
(b) A college.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Aunt Mae.
10. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) The back porch.
(d) His father's room.
11. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To buy a house.
(c) To play a gig.
(d) To see about a job.
12. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her bedroom.
13. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Agrees to stay in touch.
(d) Laughs at him.
14. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her forehead.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her hands.
15. How does David dig his mother's grave?
(a) With his father's shovel.
(b) With some of the farming equipment.
(c) With her gardening trowel.
(d) With his own shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
2. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
3. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
4. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
5. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)