|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Help David get into high school.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Find her a job.
(d) Watch after mother.
2. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
(a) When the train stops.
(c) Once he has a job.
(d) When he runs out of money.
3. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) No one.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) The train conductor.
4. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
5. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(b) He decides to ignore it.
(c) He wants money first.
(d) He wants to visit first.
6. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) An ice cream parlor.
(b) Another movie.
(c) Jo Lynne's house.
(d) David's house.
7. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) The preacher.
8. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) The picture of David's father's grave.
(b) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(c) Her wedding picture.
(d) David's baby picture.
9. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(a) Washington, D.C.
10. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the arm.
11. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A check.
(b) A watch.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A train ticket.
12. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is crazy.
(b) That she is troubled.
(c) That she is a new woman.
(d) That she is lonely.
13. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He trips over her.
(b) He goes to the church.
(c) He opens her bedroom door.
(d) She calls for him.
14. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her forehead.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her ears.
15. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
(a) That he'll go back to the hills.
(b) That he'll be fine.
(c) That he'll find love.
(d) That he's in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
2. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
3. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
4. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
5. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)