|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 21 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
2. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Agrees to stay in touch.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Slaps him.
3. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
(a) Near the radio.
(b) At the drugstore.
(c) In the upstairs room.
(d) In town.
4. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He buys things from David.
(c) He feels bad for him.
(d) He wants David to invest it for him.
5. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Delivers medicine.
(b) Answers the phone.
(c) Passes out flyers.
(d) Cleans after hours.
6. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To see about a job.
(b) To buy a house.
(c) To play a gig.
(d) To visit family.
7. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) When he can no longer afford to ride.
(b) In Nashville.
(c) In the south.
(d) He isn't sure.
8. How long after Jo Lynne first comes in the store does it take before David talks to her?
(a) A month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
9. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her forehead.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her mouth.
10. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts indifferent.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She acts kind.
(d) She acts harsh.
11. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(b) Crying in the bathroom.
(c) Rearranging her bedroom.
(d) Sleeping in the living room.
12. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
(a) He wants to hide.
(b) He wants to hide the gun.
(c) He wants to grab the train.
(d) He needs a break.
13. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
(a) In front of a restaurant.
(b) At the top of the hill.
(c) In town.
(d) At the bottom of the hill.
14. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
(a) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
15. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
2. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
3. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
4. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)