|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To pick up newspapers.
(b) To buy toilet paper.
(c) To visit her father.
(d) To fill prescriptions.
2. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
3. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For being violent.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For having foreign wives.
(d) For losing the war.
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Buys a train ticket.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(d) Eats lunch.
5. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts kind.
(b) She acts indifferent.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She ignores him.
6. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Run for public office.
(c) Buy expensive things from David.
(d) Join fraternities.
7. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her forehead.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her mouth.
8. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In the town cemetery.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Italy.
9. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Look at the medicine.
(b) Try the nail polish.
(d) Ask for free samples.
10. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How he wants to be rich.
(b) How his father isn't there.
(c) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
(d) How he isn't invited to them.
11. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her smell.
(d) Her appearance.
12. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something soft.
(b) Something runny.
(c) Something hard.
(d) Something cold.
13. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
14. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) Four shots.
(b) Three shots.
(c) Two shots.
(d) One shot.
15. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
(a) He wants to hide.
(b) He needs a break.
(c) He wants to hide the gun.
(d) He wants to grab the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
3. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
4. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
5. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)