|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Give him advice.
(b) Stay home with his mother.
(c) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(d) Drive him.
2. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something cold.
(b) Something soft.
(c) Something runny.
(d) Something hard.
3. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) Jo Lynne.
(c) David's boss.
(d) David's mother.
4. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Answers the phone.
(b) Cleans after hours.
(c) Passes out flyers.
(d) Delivers medicine.
5. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(c) Washington, D.C.
6. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(b) In love.
7. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
(a) When he runs out of money.
(b) When the train stops.
(c) Once he has a job.
8. In "Chapter 10," why does David think about his toy train?
(a) Because he is escaping.
(b) Because he is going to work on trains.
(c) Because he broke it.
(d) Because he left it at home.
9. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A night class.
(b) Her nap.
(c) A date of her own.
(d) A singing gig.
10. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) She's too busy with the band.
(b) She doesn't show up for work.
(c) Her work becomes poor.
(d) The factory closes.
11. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To find a girlfriend.
(b) To take care of his mother.
(c) To attend college.
(d) To start his own business.
12. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
13. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a plane.
(c) She drives.
(d) On a train.
14. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(b) If she loves him.
(c) If she will go out with him one more time.
(d) If she will marry him.
15. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To pick up newspapers.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To buy toilet paper.
(d) To fill prescriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
2. How is David's father's grave marked?
3. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
4. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
5. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)