|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
(a) Mad at David.
(b) Afraid of her.
(c) Pleased she no longer goes to church.
(d) Happy she's with her son.
2. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His watch.
(c) His cuff-links.
(d) His shirt.
3. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's house.
(b) Another movie.
(c) An ice cream parlor.
(d) Jo Lynne's house.
4. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) When he agrees to go to college.
(b) In three months.
(c) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
(d) When she has money.
5. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She asks him for help.
(c) She cries.
(d) She stares.
6. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a bus.
(c) She drives.
(d) On a train.
7. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
8. What does David see outside his window in "Chapter 10"?
(b) Coal mines.
9. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares more about it.
(b) He laughs at himself.
(c) He cares less about it.
(d) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
10. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
(a) She gets lost.
(b) Her grandmother lives there.
(c) She is looking for work.
(d) Her father moves there.
11. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) When he can no longer afford to ride.
(c) In Nashville.
(d) In the south.
12. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to ignore it.
(b) He wants money first.
(c) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(d) He wants to visit first.
13. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Help David get into high school.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Watch after mother.
(d) Find her a job.
14. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(b) Give him advice.
(c) Stay home with his mother.
(d) Drive him.
15. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
(a) He is excited for the possibilities.
(b) He doesn't care where he is anymore.
(c) He knows it will never change.
(d) He has to figure it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
2. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
3. Where does David shoot the preacher?
4. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
5. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)