|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) In a train station.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a cab.
(d) At David's house.
3. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
(a) So he can drive them home.
(b) So they can celebrate.
(c) So he can meet Clyde.
(d) So she can be alone with a man.
4. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) No one.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) Aunt Mae.
5. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) Four shots.
(b) Three shots.
(c) One shot.
(d) Two shots.
6. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the head.
7. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) In Nashville.
(c) In the south.
(d) When he can no longer afford to ride.
8. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) It's ugly.
(b) It's the same as yesterday.
(c) It's where he wants to be.
(d) It's more cloudy.
9. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) He exits the train.
(b) He calls for help.
(c) He gets out of his seat.
(d) He stares out the window.
10. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Any of them.
(b) The farming ones.
(c) The ones closest to his house.
(d) None of them.
11. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her forehead.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her mouth.
12. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A check.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new suit.
13. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
14. In "Chapter 10," what does David say about where he is physically?
(a) He knows it will never change.
(b) He is excited for the possibilities.
(c) He doesn't care where he is anymore.
(d) He has to figure it out.
15. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will go out with him one more time.
(b) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
2. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
3. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
4. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
5. When David can't find his mother in "Chapter 9," where is the first place he goes?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)