|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her forehead.
(d) Her mouth.
2. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In Italy.
(c) In the town cemetery.
(d) In Germany.
3. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A college.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) A local newspaper.
(d) The preacher.
4. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the leg.
5. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
(a) At the top of the hill.
(b) At the bottom of the hill.
(c) In town.
(d) In front of a restaurant.
6. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
(a) Because he is too old.
(b) Because he never cries.
(c) Because his mother is selfish.
(d) Because he isn't sad.
7. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She says she has to think about it.
(c) She accepts immediately.
(d) She says she has to ask her mother first.
8. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) The entire night.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Half a day.
(d) A week.
9. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A check.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new suit.
10. Who takes David's envelope of money on the train?
(a) A pick-pocket.
(b) A ticket operator.
(c) The conductor.
(d) No one.
11. How does David dig his mother's grave?
(a) With some of the farming equipment.
(b) With his own shovel.
(c) With his father's shovel.
(d) With her gardening trowel.
12. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
13. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
(a) To marry Clyde.
(b) For a change.
(c) To get fresh air.
(d) To start a music career.
14. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to ignore it.
(b) He wants money first.
(c) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(d) He wants to visit first.
15. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) Three shots.
(b) Four shots.
(c) Two shots.
(d) One shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
2. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
3. What does David do at the local drugstore?
4. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
5. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)