|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On a train.
(d) She drives.
2. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) It's ugly.
(b) It's the same as yesterday.
(c) It's where he wants to be.
(d) It's more cloudy.
3. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Look at the medicine.
(b) Try the nail polish.
(d) Ask for free samples.
4. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) The ones closest to his house.
(b) Any of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) The farming ones.
5. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
6. How many shots does David fire at the preacher?
(a) Four shots.
(b) Two shots.
(c) Three shots.
(d) One shot.
7. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) The train conductor.
(c) No one.
(d) Aunt Mae.
8. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) The picture of David's father's grave.
(b) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(c) Her wedding picture.
(d) David's baby picture.
9. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
10. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is troubled.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she is a new woman.
(d) That she is lonely.
11. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
(a) That he is in trouble.
(b) That he is at peace.
(c) That he did the right thing.
(d) That someone is in the house.
12. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He buys things from David.
(c) He wants David to invest it for him.
(d) He feels bad for him.
13. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Spreading rumors.
(b) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
(c) Trying to take his job.
(d) Cheating with someone's husband.
14. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(b) Give him advice.
(c) Drive him.
(d) Stay home with his mother.
15. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) David's house.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The drugstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
2. How is David's father's grave marked?
3. Where does David take her mother to try to stop the bleeding in "Chapter 9"?
4. Where does David shoot the preacher?
5. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)