|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
(a) He wants to grab the train.
(b) He wants to hide the gun.
(c) He wants to hide.
(d) He needs a break.
2. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He wants money first.
(b) He decides to ignore it.
(c) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(d) He wants to visit first.
3. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) On a train.
(b) At David's house.
(c) In a cab.
(d) In a train station.
4. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To the river.
(b) Where new houses are being built.
(c) To a closed carnival.
(d) To the factory grounds.
5. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) The back porch.
(d) His father's room.
6. What does David say about the sky while riding on the train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) It's where he wants to be.
(b) It's ugly.
(c) It's more cloudy.
(d) It's the same as yesterday.
7. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a white cross.
(b) With a marble gravestone.
(c) With a wooden heart.
(d) With a wreath.
8. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(c) In love.
9. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To visit her father.
(b) To pick up newspapers.
(c) To buy toilet paper.
(d) To fill prescriptions.
10. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(b) He laughs at himself.
(c) He cares less about it.
(d) He cares more about it.
11. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) No one else is in the theater.
(b) The movie is good.
(c) The tickets were cheap.
(d) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
12. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
(a) Once he has a job.
(b) When he runs out of money.
(d) When the train stops.
13. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
(a) In the south.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) When he can no longer afford to ride.
(d) In Nashville.
14. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
15. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) She is more thin.
(b) Her hair greyed.
(c) She paints her fingernails.
(d) She grew a little taller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
2. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
4. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
5. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)