|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How his father isn't there.
(b) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
(c) How he isn't invited to them.
(d) How he wants to be rich.
2. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares more about it.
(b) He cares less about it.
(c) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(d) He laughs at himself.
4. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(b) Aunt Mae.
(d) The preacher.
5. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) A college.
(d) A local newspaper.
6. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(d) In love.
7. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
(b) When the train stops.
(c) When he runs out of money.
(d) Once he has a job.
8. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He is giving a speech.
(b) He has straight A's.
(c) He's the first in the family.
(d) His whole family is there.
9. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) David's baby picture.
(b) The picture of David's father's grave.
(c) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(d) Her wedding picture.
10. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) She is more thin.
(b) Her hair greyed.
(c) She grew a little taller.
(d) She paints her fingernails.
11. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She cries.
(b) She stares.
(c) She goes to sleep.
(d) She asks him for help.
12. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A check.
13. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
(a) So they can celebrate.
(b) So he can drive them home.
(c) So he can meet Clyde.
(d) So she can be alone with a man.
14. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) With his toy train.
(b) Outside on the porch.
(c) In bed with her.
(d) In the bathroom.
15. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) The factory closes.
(b) She's too busy with the band.
(c) She doesn't show up for work.
(d) Her work becomes poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
2. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
3. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
4. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
5. In "Chapter 10," how does David describe the distance he traveled?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)