|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A singing gig.
(b) A date of her own.
(c) A night class.
(d) Her nap.
2. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
(a) That he'll find love.
(b) That he'll be fine.
(c) That he'll go back to the hills.
(d) That he's in trouble.
3. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Run for public office.
(c) Join fraternities.
(d) Buy expensive things from David.
4. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) An ice cream parlor.
(b) Jo Lynne's house.
(c) Another movie.
(d) David's house.
5. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To ask about his personal life.
(b) To check his ticket stub.
(c) He thought David was someone else.
(d) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
6. At the end of "Chapter 10," who does David consider turning to for help?
(a) The train conductor.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) No one.
7. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
8. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How he wants to be rich.
(b) How his father isn't there.
(c) How he isn't invited to them.
(d) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
9. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Outside on the porch.
(c) In bed with her.
(d) With his toy train.
10. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) At David's house.
(b) In a cab.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a train station.
11. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's boss.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Jo Lynne.
12. In "Chapter 9," what does David say he must do before he can find relief?
(a) Kill the preacher.
(b) Run away from home.
(c) Bury his mother.
(d) Start praying.
13. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
14. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To buy toilet paper.
(b) To fill prescriptions.
(c) To pick up newspapers.
(d) To visit her father.
15. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) No one else is in the theater.
(b) The tickets were cheap.
(c) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(d) The movie is good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
2. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
3. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
4. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
5. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)