|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
(b) Stop dancing.
(d) Stop singing.
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because he is sleeping.
(c) Because the lock is stuck.
(d) Because she is leaning on the door.
4. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) He makes radio appearances.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) He is running for mayor.
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He sat down.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is running.
6. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(b) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(c) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
7. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
8. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her clothing.
9. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He doesn't know her well.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is pleased with her.
(d) He dislikes her.
10. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He doesn't like it.
(b) He wants to approve it first.
(c) He doesn't know it's in town.
(d) He looks forward to it.
11. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
12. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(b) Cars' headlights.
13. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) About five years.
(b) A few months.
(c) Over a year.
(d) It's the first revival.
14. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She is too afraid.
(c) She is uncertain.
(d) She knows she is a sinner.
15. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(a) Plastic bags.
(c) Her old purse.
(d) Brown bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
4. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
5. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)