Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she says to stop the music.
(d) Because she is dancing well.
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Covers his nose.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
3. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) His tenth day in town.
(b) His first day in town.
(c) His fifth day in town.
(d) The first weekend he is in town.
4. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She is too afraid.
(c) She knows she is a sinner.
(d) She is uncertain.
5. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(b) He is allowed out there alone.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) He can see the country.
6. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
7. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She should have calmed down at the party.
(b) She likes dancing all night.
(c) She misses George.
(d) She could be happy in the hills.
8. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They tossed him in the river.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They told his dad.
(d) They beat him up.
9. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She receives a medal in the mail.
(b) He hasn't written in a while.
(c) He says he has been injured.
(d) He is in a dangerous country.
10. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) A visit from his superior.
(d) A telegram.
11. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
12. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(b) Field operator.
13. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) He is running for mayor.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
14. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) About five years.
(b) A few months.
(c) It's the first revival.
(d) Over a year.
15. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because they were different.
(b) Because he was afraid of her.
(c) Because she was hard to know.
(d) Because he rarely saw her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
5. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)