|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He doesn't know how to feel.
(b) He can't think about his emotions.
(c) He feels bad for his mother.
(d) He has never been more sad.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her hair.
3. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is dancing well.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she says to stop the music.
(d) Because she is a terrible dancer.
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Breathes it in deeply.
(c) Covers his nose.
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) The best of his childhood.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) Beautifully sad.
6. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) It's the first revival.
(b) Over a year.
(c) About five years.
(d) A few months.
7. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She falls over a chair.
(d) She runs into the wall instead.
8. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) Mrs. Watkins.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He doesn't know her well.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He is pleased with her.
(d) He is afraid of her.
10. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) His first day in town.
(b) The first weekend he is in town.
(c) His fifth day in town.
(d) His tenth day in town.
11. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A robbery charge.
(b) A tax evasion charge.
(c) A battery charge.
(d) A morals charge.
12. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A letter.
(b) A visit from his superior.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A phone call.
13. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That she is sorry.
(b) That he'll be punished.
(c) To call her husband.
(d) Not to tell anyone.
14. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(d) Field operator.
15. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) For her new job.
(b) To see the latest movie.
(c) To meet men.
(d) To play music.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
2. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
3. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
5. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)