|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He hit Bruce.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his violent past.
3. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) On a walk.
(b) He was David's friend.
(c) When her car broke down.
(d) At the movies.
4. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The couch.
(c) The porch.
(d) The car.
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He sat down.
(b) He is running.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is crying.
6. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She starts singing with a band.
(b) She picks up extra shifts.
(c) She is embarassed.
(d) She is trying to find a new job.
7. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Cereal and oatmeal.
(b) Eggs and bacon.
(c) Ham and biscuits.
(d) Biscuits and eggs.
8. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) The best of his childhood.
9. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To start a new business.
(d) To prove he is right.
10. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his homework is late.
(b) Because his pants are wet.
(c) Because his hair is messy.
(d) Because he is the last student to sit down.
11. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The lights won't turn on.
(b) It is missing a window pane.
(c) It is full of junk.
(d) The door doesn't lock.
12. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David can't wait to help.
13. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(b) Her old purse.
(c) Plastic bags.
(d) Brown bags.
14. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To recommit to their religion.
(b) To ask questions.
(c) To shake his hand.
(d) To lead the crowd in prayers.
15. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Sleeps a lot.
(b) Rents out a room.
(c) Takes care of the crops.
(d) Makes bread to sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
2. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
4. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
5. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)