|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Finds new members.
(b) Plays for a party at David's house.
(c) Plays wedding receptions.
(d) Breaks up.
2. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Candlelight vigils.
(c) Welcome parties.
(d) Bible conferences.
3. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(c) Field operator.
4. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(b) She falls over a chair.
(c) She runs into the wall instead.
(d) She is arrested.
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
6. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
7. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) The first weekend he is in town.
(b) His tenth day in town.
(c) His fifth day in town.
(d) His first day in town.
8. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Watkins.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) His mother.
9. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he burps.
(b) Because he won't stand up.
(c) Because he talks back.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
10. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) She trips on her way up.
(c) David's father knocks her down.
(d) She falls while sleepwalking.
11. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The car.
(b) The couch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The porch.
12. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her attitude.
13. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) There weren't other child around.
(c) He was always in trouble.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
14. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
(a) With flowers.
(b) With bows.
(c) With short hair cuts.
(d) With hats.
15. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because the plow breaks.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because there is clay in the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
3. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
4. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
5. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)