|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(b) Because of his fond memories there.
(c) Because they wanted to visit there.
(d) Because he's trying to think of something else.
2. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The couch.
(b) The car.
(c) The porch.
(d) The kitchen.
3. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
(a) With hats.
(b) With bows.
(c) With short hair cuts.
(d) With flowers.
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He hit Bruce.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Call the authorities.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Hit him with a ruler.
6. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because he is the last student to sit down.
(b) Because his pants are wet.
(c) Because his homework is late.
(d) Because his hair is messy.
7. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
8. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Fifth grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
9. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he didn't talk much.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he couldn't count.
10. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Bible conferences.
(b) Welcome parties.
(d) Candlelight vigils.
11. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George moved away.
(b) George went back to college.
(c) George started dating her sister.
(d) George opened a car wash.
12. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The trees.
(c) The towns.
(d) People getting on the train.
13. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
(c) Stop dancing.
(d) Stop singing.
14. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(c) Cars' headlights.
15. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) A book he read as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
2. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)