Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
2. Why does David say Aunt Mae had a hard time fitting in in his small town?
3. Why does David say his father wanted him to hang out with other boys as a child?
4. What does David say happened when he had to play with Bruce?
5. How does David say his family reacted to George?
6. What does David say happened to George and Mae's relationship?
This section contains 737 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)