|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She catches him cheating.
(b) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(c) She sees him steal from another student.
(d) She thinks he dislikes her.
2. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
(a) That he is at peace.
(b) That someone is in the house.
(c) That he did the right thing.
(d) That he is in trouble.
3. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) The first weekend he is in town.
(b) His fifth day in town.
(c) His tenth day in town.
(d) His first day in town.
4. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
(a) Something runny.
(b) Something hard.
(c) Something cold.
(d) Something soft.
5. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George opened a car wash.
(b) George moved away.
(c) George started dating her sister.
(d) George went back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
2. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
3. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)