|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) David's father knocks her down.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) She trips on her way up.
2. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For having foreign wives.
(b) For losing the war.
(c) For being violent.
(d) For being poor.
3. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(c) In love.
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A battery charge.
(b) A robbery charge.
(c) A tax evasion charge.
(d) A morals charge.
5. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) In a train station.
(b) At David's house.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
3. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
4. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
5. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)