|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
2. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) David's father knocks her down.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) She falls while sleepwalking.
3. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) With his toy train.
(b) Outside on the porch.
(c) In bed with her.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A college.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) A local newspaper.
(d) The preacher.
5. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
(a) He cares less about it.
(b) He thinks of ways to forget about it.
(c) He laughs at himself.
(d) He cares more about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the drugstore where David works?
2. Where does David shoot the preacher?
3. When is David's father drafted?
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
5. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)