|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) The best of his childhood.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) Quickly passing.
(d) Tortured and troubled.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David can't wait to help.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
3. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He hit Bruce.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
4. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
(a) Stop dancing.
(c) Stop singing.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is David's father buried?
2. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
3. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)