|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. What does David do at the local drugstore?
(a) Answers the phone.
(b) Passes out flyers.
(c) Delivers medicine.
(d) Cleans after hours.
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) He is allowed out there alone.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
4. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She cries.
(c) She asks him for help.
(d) She stares.
5. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Looks at a picture.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)