|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His cuff-links.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His watch.
2. How does David feel when the preacher starts climbing the stairs in his house in "Chapter 9"?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he talks back.
(b) Because his pants are wet.
(c) Because he won't stand up.
(d) Because he burps.
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) In the eighth grade.
(c) When he was in the first grade.
(d) About seventeen.
5. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
(a) Pleased she no longer goes to church.
(b) Afraid of her.
(c) Mad at David.
(d) Happy she's with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
2. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
3. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
4. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)