|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Breaks up.
(b) Finds new members.
(c) Plays for a party at David's house.
(d) Plays wedding receptions.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) To call her husband.
(c) Not to tell anyone.
(d) That she is sorry.
3. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) On a walk.
(b) When her car broke down.
(c) He was David's friend.
(d) At the movies.
4. Why does the train conductor talk to David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To ask about his personal life.
(b) To check his ticket stub.
(c) To let him know when he has to get off the train.
(d) He thought David was someone else.
5. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) He hasn't written in a while.
(b) He is in a dangerous country.
(c) She receives a medal in the mail.
(d) He says he has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
2. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
3. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
4. In "Chapter 10," why does David think about his toy train?
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)