|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because she doesn't have money.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
2. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is an economic depression.
(b) Few people drive cars.
(c) The men are at war.
(d) There is a shortage of parts.
3. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) He goes to her church.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) His mother plays cards with her.
(d) She was his pre-school teacher.
4. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She accepts immediately.
(b) She says she has to ask her mother first.
(c) She says she has to think about it.
(d) She doesn't say anything.
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He makes radio appearances.
(b) It is all over flyers in town.
(c) It isn't well known.
(d) He is running for mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
2. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
4. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)