|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(b) He decides to ignore it.
(c) He wants to visit first.
(d) He wants money first.
2. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
(a) Stop singing.
(d) Stop dancing.
3. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She says she has to think about it.
(b) She doesn't say anything.
(c) She says she has to ask her mother first.
(d) She accepts immediately.
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(b) Because he wants to write a novel.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
5. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will David get off his train in "Chapter 10"?
2. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
3. How does David dig his mother's grave?
4. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)