|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) The best of his childhood.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) Quickly passing.
(d) Tortured and troubled.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because the plow breaks.
(c) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(d) Because there is clay in the ground.
3. Who does David consider writing to while on the train?
(a) A college.
(b) The preacher.
(c) A local newspaper.
(d) Aunt Mae.
4. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her smell.
5. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Eats lunch.
(b) Buys a train ticket.
(c) Buries the preacher.
(d) Meets someone for coffee in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
2. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
3. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
4. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
5. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)