|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They told his dad.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They took him home.
(d) They beat him up.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his size.
3. Where does "Chapter 10" begin?
(a) At David's house.
(b) In a cab.
(c) In a train station.
(d) On a train.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) For grocery money.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) To prove he is right.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because the plow breaks.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because he is getting older.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
2. Where does David find the gun he grabs in "Chapter 9"?
3. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)