|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She starts singing with a band.
(b) She is embarassed.
(c) She is trying to find a new job.
(d) She picks up extra shifts.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her accent.
3. How old is David in "Chapter 10"?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because she is leaning on the door.
(c) Because the lock is stuck.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because it smells good.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
2. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
4. How long does David ride on the train in "Chapter 10"?
5. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)