|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) She paints her fingernails.
(b) She is more thin.
(c) She grew a little taller.
(d) Her hair greyed.
2. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Crying in the bathroom.
(b) Sleeping in the living room.
(c) Rearranging her bedroom.
(d) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
3. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Breaks up.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Plays for a party at David's house.
(d) Finds new members.
4. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A check.
(d) A new suit.
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She wrote poetry.
(b) She tried to start a business.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She was less interested in playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
2. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)