|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To collect money for the church.
(b) To try to convert him.
(c) To convince him to put his mother in an institution.
(d) To ask to do the memorial service for his mother.
2. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
(a) To get fresh air.
(b) For a change.
(c) To marry Clyde.
(d) To start a music career.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a deacon.
(b) He is a mechanic.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a reporter.
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Rents out a room.
(b) Takes care of the crops.
(c) Makes bread to sell.
(d) Sleeps a lot.
5. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does David take at the end of "Chapter 10"?
2. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
4. In "Chapter 10," when does David consider going to Nashville?
5. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)