|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Rearranging her bedroom.
(b) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(c) Crying in the bathroom.
(d) Sleeping in the living room.
2. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) The movie is good.
(b) The tickets were cheap.
(c) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(d) No one else is in the theater.
3. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Sleeps a lot.
(b) Takes care of the crops.
(c) Rents out a room.
(d) Makes bread to sell.
4. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
(a) Because he is too old.
(b) Because he never cries.
(c) Because he isn't sad.
(d) Because his mother is selfish.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
2. How does David feel about the shooting while on the train?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
4. What assumption does David make about his future in "Chapter 10"?
5. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)