|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
(a) Afraid of her.
(b) Happy she's with her son.
(c) Mad at David.
(d) Pleased she no longer goes to church.
2. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
(a) In the middle of the crops.
(b) Under the porch.
(c) Under the pines.
(d) On the other side of the river.
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he couldn't count.
(b) Because she was losing her mind.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he didn't talk much.
4. In "Chapter 10," why does David think about his toy train?
(a) Because he left it at home.
(b) Because he broke it.
(c) Because he is escaping.
(d) Because he is going to work on trains.
5. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) David's boss.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Jo Lynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
2. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
3. How is David described in "Chapter 10"?
4. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)