|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
(a) In town.
(b) Near the radio.
(c) At the drugstore.
(d) In the upstairs room.
2. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For losing the war.
(b) For being violent.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For having foreign wives.
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Rents out a room.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Makes bread to sell.
(d) Takes care of the crops.
5. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Breaks up.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Finds new members.
(d) Plays for a party at David's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
2. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
3. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
4. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
5. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)