|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She says she has to think about it.
(b) She says she has to ask her mother first.
(c) She accepts immediately.
(d) She doesn't say anything.
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) He hasn't written in a while.
(b) She receives a medal in the mail.
(c) He says he has been injured.
(d) He is in a dangerous country.
3. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because of his fond memories there.
(b) Because they wanted to visit there.
(c) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(d) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(b) There are snakes.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) It always rains.
5. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A battery charge.
(b) A robbery charge.
(c) A morals charge.
(d) A tax evasion charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
2. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
3. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
5. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)