|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is dancing well.
(b) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(c) Because she kicks them off.
(d) Because she says to stop the music.
2. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) Over a year.
(b) A few months.
(c) It's the first revival.
(d) About five years.
3. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
5. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A date of her own.
(b) Her nap.
(c) A singing gig.
(d) A night class.
Short Answer Questions
1. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
2. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
3. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
4. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
5. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)