|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Candlelight vigils.
(b) Welcome parties.
(c) Bible conferences.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because the plow breaks.
(d) Because he is getting older.
3. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Makes bread to sell.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Rents out a room.
(d) Takes care of the crops.
4. In "Chapter 7," what does David say is the worst part of his job at the drugstore?
(a) The low wages.
(b) People trying to steal.
(c) The smell of the store.
(d) People asking about his mother.
5. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George started dating her sister.
(b) George opened a car wash.
(c) George went back to college.
(d) George moved away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
2. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
3. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
4. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
5. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)