|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Spreading rumors.
(b) Trying to take his job.
(c) Getting Aunt Mae fired.
(d) Cheating with someone's husband.
2. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To start a new business.
(d) To prove he is right.
3. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) It is all over flyers in town.
(c) He is running for mayor.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(c) Because she doesn't have money.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He was sleeping.
(b) They didn't pass a town.
(c) The train was moving too fast.
(d) He wasn't interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
2. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
4. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
5. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)