|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Mostly women.
(c) Unemployed mechanics.
(d) Young men.
2. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Once the war started.
(b) His father isn't drafted.
(c) Before the war begins.
(d) Near the end of the war.
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Tortured and troubled.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Beautifully sad.
4. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
(a) Ask for free samples.
(c) Try the nail polish.
(d) Look at the medicine.
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) David's house.
(d) A coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
2. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
3. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
5. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)