|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Agrees to stay in touch.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Slaps him.
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She receives a medal in the mail.
(b) He is in a dangerous country.
(c) He hasn't written in a while.
(d) He says he has been injured.
3. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts indifferent.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She acts kind.
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Makes bread to sell.
(b) Rents out a room.
(c) Sleeps a lot.
(d) Takes care of the crops.
5. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
2. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
3. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
4. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)