|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Jo Lynne.
(b) David's boss.
(c) David's mother.
(d) Aunt Mae.
2. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) David's baby picture.
(b) Her wedding picture.
(c) The picture of David's father's grave.
(d) A picture of David's father in uniform.
3. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He has straight A's.
(b) His whole family is there.
(c) He is giving a speech.
(d) He's the first in the family.
4. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To recommit to their religion.
(b) To shake his hand.
(c) To lead the crowd in prayers.
(d) To ask questions.
5. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is a shortage of parts.
(b) Few people drive cars.
(c) There is an economic depression.
(d) The men are at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
2. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)