|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) A few months.
(b) Over a year.
(c) About five years.
(d) It's the first revival.
2. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In the town cemetery.
(b) In Washington, D.C.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Italy.
3. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The couch.
(d) The car.
4. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is dancing well.
(b) Because she says to stop the music.
(c) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(d) Because she kicks them off.
5. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A visit from his superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
2. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
3. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
4. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)