|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They find foreign wives.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They are killing other.
(d) They lose their value in this country.
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Unemployed mechanics.
(c) Young men.
(d) Mostly women.
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) It is breezy.
(b) He is allowed out there alone.
(c) He can see the country.
(d) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
4. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) At the movies.
(b) He was David's friend.
(c) On a walk.
(d) When her car broke down.
5. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) His mother told him.
(c) A phone call.
(d) An article in the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
2. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
5. What does David do at the local drugstore?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)