|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) He is in a dangerous country.
(b) He says he has been injured.
(c) He hasn't written in a while.
(d) She receives a medal in the mail.
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she doesn't have money.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
3. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Mostly women.
(c) Young men.
(d) Unemployed mechanics.
4. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He can't think about his emotions.
(b) He feels bad for his mother.
(c) He doesn't know how to feel.
(d) He has never been more sad.
5. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She says she has to ask her mother first.
(c) She says she has to think about it.
(d) She accepts immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
2. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
3. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
4. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)