|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
(a) She's too busy with the band.
(b) Her work becomes poor.
(c) She doesn't show up for work.
(d) The factory closes.
2. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's boss.
(b) Jo Lynne.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) David's mother.
3. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He threw rocks at them.
(b) He puked on them.
(c) He hit Bruce.
(d) He ran away.
4. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She could be happy in the hills.
(b) She should have calmed down at the party.
(c) She misses George.
(d) She likes dancing all night.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
3. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)