|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To be part of a play.
(b) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
(c) To help his father with money.
(d) To speak to a judge.
2. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) When she has money.
(b) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
(c) In three months.
(d) When he agrees to go to college.
3. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) His mother's attitude.
(b) His father's crying.
(c) Aunt Mae's singing.
(d) The weather.
4. Why does Jo Lynne come into the drugstore in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To buy toilet paper.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To pick up newspapers.
(d) To fill prescriptions.
5. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They find foreign wives.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They lose their value in this country.
(d) They are killing other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)