|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(b) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(c) Because of his fond memories there.
(d) Because they wanted to visit there.
2. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(b) Stay home with his mother.
(c) Drive him.
(d) Give him advice.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Make him move all the desks.
(b) Kick him out of school.
(c) Hit him with a ruler.
(d) Call the authorities.
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(b) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(c) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
5. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) A woman.
(b) A young boy.
(c) Bobbie Lee Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
2. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
5. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)