|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A check.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) A watch.
2. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She is trying to find a new job.
(b) She is embarassed.
(c) She picks up extra shifts.
(d) She starts singing with a band.
3. Where do David and Jo Lynne end up going after the movie in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the factory grounds.
(c) Where new houses are being built.
(d) To a closed carnival.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a mechanic.
(c) He is a deacon.
(d) He is a painter.
5. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Give him advice.
(b) Talk to Jo Lynne.
(c) Stay home with his mother.
(d) Drive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
3. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)