|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His cuff-links.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His watch.
2. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(b) The trees.
(c) People getting on the train.
3. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Washington, D.C.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In the town cemetery.
4. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She receives a medal in the mail.
(b) He says he has been injured.
(c) He is in a dangerous country.
(d) He hasn't written in a while.
5. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He feels bad for him.
(b) He wants David to invest it for him.
(c) He buys things from David.
(d) He owes him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
2. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
3. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
4. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
5. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)