|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To prove he is right.
(d) For grocery money.
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Breathes it in deeply.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Covers his nose.
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They move back overseas.
(b) They don't make any money.
(c) They lose their religion.
(d) They sleep a lot.
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(d) Because she is afraid.
5. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Looks at a picture.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
2. Where do David and Jo Lynne originally plan on going after seeing the movie in "Chapter 7"?
3. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
4. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
5. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)