|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a marble gravestone.
(b) With a wooden heart.
(c) With a wreath.
(d) With a white cross.
2. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) The best of his childhood.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) Quickly passing.
4. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) She is too afraid.
(b) She knows she is a sinner.
(c) There wasn't enough room.
(d) She is uncertain.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his size.
(b) Because of his strength.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
2. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
4. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
5. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)