|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They set up cubicle dividers.
(b) They move the machines.
(c) They use a parking garage.
(d) They put down a new floor.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David can't wait to help.
3. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He doesn't know her well.
(d) He is pleased with her.
4. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a wreath.
(b) With a wooden heart.
(c) With a white cross.
(d) With a marble gravestone.
5. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) The weather.
(b) His mother's attitude.
(c) His father's crying.
(d) Aunt Mae's singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
5. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)