|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(b) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(c) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(d) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
2. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) She is too afraid.
(b) There wasn't enough room.
(c) She is uncertain.
(d) She knows she is a sinner.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he won't stand up.
(b) Because he burps.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he talks back.
4. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He looks forward to it.
(b) He wants to approve it first.
(c) He doesn't like it.
(d) He doesn't know it's in town.
5. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is missing a window pane.
(b) The door doesn't lock.
(c) It is full of junk.
(d) The lights won't turn on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
2. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
5. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)