|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Fourth grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
2. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He is giving a speech.
(b) He has straight A's.
(c) He's the first in the family.
(d) His whole family is there.
3. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Near the end of the war.
(b) His father isn't drafted.
(c) Once the war started.
(d) Before the war begins.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Make him move all the desks.
(c) Call the authorities.
(d) Hit him with a ruler.
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) His mother plays cards with her.
(b) She was his pre-school teacher.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) They used to be neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
2. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
5. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)