|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Christmas as a child.
2. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because it locks on her side of the door.
3. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(b) She runs into the wall instead.
(c) She falls over a chair.
(d) She is arrested.
4. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Finds new members.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Plays for a party at David's house.
(d) Breaks up.
5. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is lonely.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she is a new woman.
(d) That she is troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
2. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
5. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)