|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) It is breezy.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) He is allowed out there alone.
(d) He can see the country.
2. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Find her a job.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Watch after mother.
(d) Help David get into high school.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) In the eighth grade.
(b) When he was in the first grade.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) About seventeen.
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) David's father knocks her down.
(b) She falls while sleepwalking.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) Aunt Mae shoves her.
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He wasn't interested.
(b) He was sleeping.
(c) The train was moving too fast.
(d) They didn't pass a town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
2. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
3. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
4. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
5. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)