|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) The farming ones.
(b) None of them.
(c) The ones closest to his house.
(d) Any of them.
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and eggs.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Ham and biscuits.
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Quickly passing.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) The best of his childhood.
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the city.
(b) Next to the factory.
(c) To the hills.
(d) In with his grandmother.
5. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) His clothing.
(c) A plow.
(d) A rake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
3. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)