|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) The weather.
(b) His mother's attitude.
(c) His father's crying.
(d) Aunt Mae's singing.
2. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) He goes to her church.
(c) They used to be neighbors.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
3. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
4. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) A book he read as a child.
(b) His birthday.
(c) Christmas as a child.
(d) Traveling with his father.
5. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She is embarassed.
(b) She starts singing with a band.
(c) She is trying to find a new job.
(d) She picks up extra shifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
2. When is David's father drafted?
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
5. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)