|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He doesn't know her well.
(c) He is pleased with her.
(d) He dislikes her.
2. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The car.
(b) The porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The couch.
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) They were robbed before they moved.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) The new house is larger than the old one.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
4. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(b) Because of his fond memories there.
(c) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(d) Because they wanted to visit there.
5. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They tossed him in the river.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) They told his dad.
(d) They took him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
2. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)