|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) A woman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) Bobbie Lee Taylor.
2. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He wants to approve it first.
(b) He doesn't like it.
(c) He doesn't know it's in town.
(d) He looks forward to it.
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) His birthday.
(c) A book he read as a child.
(d) Christmas as a child.
4. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He has never been more sad.
(b) He doesn't know how to feel.
(c) He feels bad for his mother.
(d) He can't think about his emotions.
5. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(d) Because she is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
2. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
4. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)