|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
(b) To help his father with money.
(c) To speak to a judge.
(d) To be part of a play.
2. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He wants to approve it first.
(b) He doesn't know it's in town.
(c) He looks forward to it.
(d) He doesn't like it.
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because there is clay in the ground.
(b) Because the plow breaks.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because he wants to turn a profit.
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They tossed him in the river.
(d) They told his dad.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(c) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
3. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
4. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
5. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)