|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are killing other.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They find foreign wives.
(d) They lose their value in this country.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his pants are wet.
(b) Because his homework is late.
(c) Because his hair is messy.
(d) Because he is the last student to sit down.
3. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) There weren't other child around.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
4. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(b) People getting on the train.
(c) The towns.
(d) The trees.
5. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he couldn't count.
(b) Because she was losing her mind.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he didn't talk much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
2. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)