|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are sinners.
(b) They are killing other.
(c) They lose their value in this country.
(d) They find foreign wives.
2. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A visit from his superior.
(d) A phone call.
3. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her attitude.
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To save their money.
(b) To remember their religion.
(c) To avoid foreign women.
(d) To honor their country.
5. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) The new house is larger than the old one.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) They were robbed before they moved.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
3. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
5. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)