|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(b) The trees.
(d) People getting on the train.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are sinners.
(b) They are killing other.
(c) They find foreign wives.
(d) They lose their value in this country.
3. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) He goes to her church.
(c) His mother plays cards with her.
(d) They used to be neighbors.
4. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To speak to a judge.
(b) To help his father with money.
(c) To be part of a play.
(d) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
5. When is David's father drafted?
(a) His father isn't drafted.
(b) Before the war begins.
(c) Once the war started.
(d) Near the end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
4. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
5. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)