|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To prove he is right.
(b) To make David's mother angry.
(c) To start a new business.
(d) For grocery money.
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) He is allowed out there alone.
(d) It is breezy.
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) They sold their furniture to make money.
(b) The new house is larger than the old one.
(c) They were robbed before they moved.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
4. When is David's father drafted?
(a) His father isn't drafted.
(b) Near the end of the war.
(c) Before the war begins.
(d) Once the war started.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because there is clay in the ground.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because the plow breaks.
(d) Because he is getting older.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
2. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
4. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
5. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)