|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To play music.
(b) To meet men.
(c) For her new job.
(d) To see the latest movie.
2. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) Over a year.
(b) It's the first revival.
(c) About five years.
(d) A few months.
3. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is an economic depression.
(b) Few people drive cars.
(c) There is a shortage of parts.
(d) The men are at war.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) His clothing.
(c) A plow.
(d) A rake.
5. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(b) Because they wanted to visit there.
(c) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(d) Because of his fond memories there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
4. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
5. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)