|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To honor their country.
(b) To save their money.
(c) To avoid foreign women.
(d) To remember their religion.
2. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He doesn't know her well.
(d) He is pleased with her.
3. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) It is all over flyers in town.
(c) He is running for mayor.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
4. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He is crying.
(b) He is running.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He sat down.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)