|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He makes radio appearances.
(b) It isn't well known.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) He is running for mayor.
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) He was shy.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his violent past.
4. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because he rarely saw her.
(b) Because they were different.
(c) Because he was afraid of her.
(d) Because she was hard to know.
5. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) He is in a dangerous country.
(b) He hasn't written in a while.
(c) He says he has been injured.
(d) She receives a medal in the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
2. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)