|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She tried to start a business.
(b) She moved away.
(c) She was less interested in playing.
(d) She wrote poetry.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are killing other.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They lose their value in this country.
(d) They find foreign wives.
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They lose their religion.
(b) They sleep a lot.
(c) They move back overseas.
(d) They don't make any money.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) He was always in trouble.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is running.
(d) He sat down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
4. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
5. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)