|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(b) He can see the country.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) He is allowed out there alone.
2. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(c) Cars' headlights.
3. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The car.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The couch.
(d) The porch.
4. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Finds new members.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Plays for a party at David's house.
(d) Breaks up.
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because the lock is stuck.
(b) Because she is leaning on the door.
(c) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
2. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
3. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)