|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She falls while sleepwalking.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) David's father knocks her down.
(d) She trips on her way up.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To remember their religion.
(b) To honor their country.
(c) To avoid foreign women.
(d) To save their money.
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(a) Cars' headlights.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) To prove he is right.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) For grocery money.
5. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are killing other.
(b) They lose their value in this country.
(c) They are sinners.
(d) They find foreign wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
2. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)