|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He has never been more sad.
(b) He can't think about his emotions.
(c) He doesn't know how to feel.
(d) He feels bad for his mother.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They find foreign wives.
(b) They are killing other.
(c) They are sinners.
(d) They lose their value in this country.
3. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
(a) With bows.
(b) With flowers.
(c) With hats.
(d) With short hair cuts.
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(b) Because he wants to give her something too.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because it smells good.
5. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He is pleased with her.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He doesn't know her well.
(d) He is afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
3. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
4. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)