|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(b) Field operator.
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(b) There is no one to play with.
(c) It always rains.
(d) There are snakes.
3. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A robbery charge.
(b) A tax evasion charge.
(c) A morals charge.
(d) A battery charge.
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It got cold.
(b) It fell on the floor.
(c) She is sick when she makes it.
(d) It is poorly prepared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
2. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
3. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
5. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)