|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A robbery charge.
(b) A battery charge.
(c) A tax evasion charge.
(d) A morals charge.
2. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Candlelight vigils.
(b) Welcome parties.
(c) Bible conferences.
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She could be happy in the hills.
(b) She should have calmed down at the party.
(c) She likes dancing all night.
(d) She misses George.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) That she is sorry.
(d) That he'll be punished.
5. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To help his father with money.
(b) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
(c) To speak to a judge.
(d) To be part of a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
4. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)