|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To play music.
(b) To see the latest movie.
(c) For her new job.
(d) To meet men.
2. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) His mother plays cards with her.
(b) He goes to her church.
(c) They used to be neighbors.
(d) She was his pre-school teacher.
3. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He is running for mayor.
(b) He makes radio appearances.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) It isn't well known.
4. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(b) Field operator.
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the hills.
(b) Next to the factory.
(c) In with his grandmother.
(d) To the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
4. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
5. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)