|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The trees.
(c) The towns.
(d) People getting on the train.
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was always in trouble.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
3. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) David's mother.
(c) The general contractor.
(d) The women who work there.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Make him move all the desks.
(b) Call the authorities.
(c) Hit him with a ruler.
(d) Kick him out of school.
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(b) Because he forgot his homework.
(c) Because he wants to write a novel.
(d) Because someone asked him to write a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
5. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)