|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) His mother's attitude.
(b) The weather.
(c) His father's crying.
(d) Aunt Mae's singing.
2. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Plays for a party at David's house.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Finds new members.
(d) Breaks up.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) Because someone asked him to write a song.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) There weren't other child around.
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He is running for mayor.
(b) He makes radio appearances.
(c) It isn't well known.
(d) It is all over flyers in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
2. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
5. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)