|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Makes bread to sell.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Takes care of the crops.
(d) Rents out a room.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her hair.
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
4. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(b) Mostly women.
(c) Unemployed mechanics.
(d) Young men.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(a) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)