|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She knows she is a sinner.
(c) She is uncertain.
(d) She is too afraid.
2. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He sat down.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He is running.
(d) He is crying.
3. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(b) Because they wanted to visit there.
(c) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(d) Because of his fond memories there.
4. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
(a) His face.
(b) His fight with David's mother.
(c) The train.
(d) His plot of land.
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he talks back.
(b) Because he won't stand up.
(c) Because he burps.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
3. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)