|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) He makes radio appearances.
(c) It is all over flyers in town.
(d) He is running for mayor.
2. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He feels bad for his mother.
(b) He doesn't know how to feel.
(c) He has never been more sad.
(d) He can't think about his emotions.
3. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) The women who work there.
(c) The general contractor.
(d) David's mother.
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(c) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
5. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) It's the first revival.
(b) About five years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
2. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)