|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he couldn't count.
(b) Because she was losing her mind.
(c) Because he didn't talk much.
(d) Because he was small.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a reporter.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a deacon.
3. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A letter.
(b) A visit from his superior.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A phone call.
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She falls while sleepwalking.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) David's father knocks her down.
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because she is leaning on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)