|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She tried to start a business.
(b) She wrote poetry.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She was less interested in playing.
2. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To lead the crowd in prayers.
(b) To ask questions.
(c) To shake his hand.
(d) To recommit to their religion.
3. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because it smells good.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
4. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
5. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She is too afraid.
(c) She knows she is a sinner.
(d) She is uncertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
2. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)