|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
(b) It falls out in his sleep.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) He eats something hard.
2. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From falling in a puddle.
(b) From spilling a drink.
(c) From the grass.
(d) From urinating.
3. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(b) The trees.
(d) People getting on the train.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) A plow.
(c) A rake.
(d) His clothing.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a deacon.
(d) He is a mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
5. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)