|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There are snakes.
(b) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(c) It always rains.
(d) There is no one to play with.
2. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George went back to college.
(b) George started dating her sister.
(c) George opened a car wash.
(d) George moved away.
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A plow.
(b) His clothing.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rake.
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the city.
(b) To the hills.
(c) Next to the factory.
(d) In with his grandmother.
5. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They lose their value in this country.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They are killing other.
(d) They find foreign wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
3. When is David's father drafted?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)