|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(a) Hush puppies.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They find foreign wives.
(b) They are killing other.
(c) They lose their value in this country.
(d) They are sinners.
3. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and eggs.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Ham and biscuits.
(d) Eggs and bacon.
4. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He doesn't know it's in town.
(b) He looks forward to it.
(c) He doesn't like it.
(d) He wants to approve it first.
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(d) Because it smells good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
2. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
3. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
4. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
5. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)