|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A rake.
(b) A plow.
(c) His clothing.
(d) A cat.
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(b) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(c) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) It falls out in his sleep.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) He eats something hard.
(d) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
4. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) They used to be neighbors.
(b) His mother plays cards with her.
(c) She was his pre-school teacher.
(d) He goes to her church.
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To prove he is right.
(d) For grocery money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
5. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)