|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) She falls while sleepwalking.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) David's father knocks her down.
2. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He doesn't know her well.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He is pleased with her.
3. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) The weather.
(b) His father's crying.
(c) Aunt Mae's singing.
(d) His mother's attitude.
4. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) His mother told him.
5. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To shake his hand.
(b) To recommit to their religion.
(c) To ask questions.
(d) To lead the crowd in prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
2. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)