|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
2. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(b) Brown bags.
(c) Her old purse.
(d) Plastic bags.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(b) She thinks he dislikes her.
(c) She sees him steal from another student.
(d) She catches him cheating.
4. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Near the end of the war.
(b) Once the war started.
(c) Before the war begins.
(d) His father isn't drafted.
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(c) People getting on the train.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
3. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
4. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
5. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)