|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The books she read.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she dressed.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
2. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) Bobbie Lee Taylor.
(b) A young boy.
(d) A woman.
3. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Ham and biscuits.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Biscuits and eggs.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Hit him with a ruler.
(c) Call the authorities.
(d) Make him move all the desks.
5. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He is pleased with her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He doesn't know her well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
5. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)