|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is David's father drafted?
(a) Before the war begins.
(b) Once the war started.
(c) His father isn't drafted.
(d) Near the end of the war.
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She wrote poetry.
(b) She tried to start a business.
(c) She was less interested in playing.
(d) She moved away.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) When he was in the first grade.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To start a new business.
(d) To prove he is right.
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(b) Because it smells good.
(c) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
3. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)