|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
2. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(a) Her old purse.
(c) Brown bags.
(d) Plastic bags.
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because the plow breaks.
(d) Because he is getting older.
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(b) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(c) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(d) Bruce made him eat dirt.
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) The best of his childhood.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) Quickly passing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
5. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)