|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From spilling a drink.
(b) From urinating.
(c) From the grass.
(d) From falling in a puddle.
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To save their money.
(b) To honor their country.
(c) To avoid foreign women.
(d) To remember their religion.
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They told his dad.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They tossed him in the river.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his violent past.
(b) Because of his size.
(c) Because of his reputation.
(d) Because of his strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
2. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)