|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(c) The trees.
(d) People getting on the train.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she falls asleep.
(b) Because she doesn't have money.
(c) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(d) Because she is afraid.
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he was small.
(c) Because he didn't talk much.
(d) Because he couldn't count.
5. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
(a) Candlelight vigils.
(c) Welcome parties.
(d) Bible conferences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
2. When is David's father drafted?
3. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
4. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)