|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) His mother plays cards with her.
(b) He goes to her church.
(c) They used to be neighbors.
(d) She was his pre-school teacher.
2. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They are killing other.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They find foreign wives.
(d) They lose their value in this country.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a mechanic.
(c) He is a deacon.
(d) He is a reporter.
4. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) A young boy.
(b) Bobbie Lee Taylor.
(d) A woman.
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It is all over flyers in town.
(b) He is running for mayor.
(c) It isn't well known.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
2. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
4. When is David's father drafted?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)