|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They tossed him in the river.
(d) They told his dad.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David can't wait to help.
(d) David wants to return to school.
3. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He threw rocks at them.
(b) He puked on them.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He hit Bruce.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He wanted to be near his mother.
(b) He was shy.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He was always in trouble.
5. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
(a) Field operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
2. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)