|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Quickly passing.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) The best of his childhood.
2. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) The weather.
(b) His father's crying.
(c) His mother's attitude.
(d) Aunt Mae's singing.
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) They were robbed before they moved.
(b) The rented their furniture with the house.
(c) They sold their furniture to make money.
(d) The new house is larger than the old one.
4. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) People getting on the train.
(b) The towns.
(d) The trees.
5. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)