|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
(a) To remember their religion.
(b) To honor their country.
(c) To save their money.
(d) To avoid foreign women.
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(b) Covers his nose.
(c) Throws up.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
3. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because the lock is stuck.
(b) Because he is sleeping.
(c) Because she is leaning on the door.
(d) Because it locks on her side of the door.
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He hit Bruce.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) About seventeen.
(b) When he was in the first grade.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
3. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
4. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
5. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)