|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
2. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The couch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The car.
(d) The porch.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his pants are wet.
(b) Because he is the last student to sit down.
(c) Because his hair is messy.
(d) Because his homework is late.
4. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) A phone call.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) His mother told him.
(d) Through a letter.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his violent past.
(b) Because of his size.
(c) Because of his reputation.
(d) Because of his strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)