|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The porch.
(b) The car.
(c) The couch.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) Not to tell anyone.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) To call her husband.
3. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) He wanted to be near his mother.
(c) He was always in trouble.
(d) There weren't other child around.
4. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) The weather.
(b) Aunt Mae's singing.
(c) His mother's attitude.
(d) His father's crying.
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Tortured and troubled.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Beautifully sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)