|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because he wants to give her something too.
(c) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(d) Because he doesn't want it at school.
2. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) It's the first revival.
(b) About five years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) A few months.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) About seventeen.
(b) When he was in the first grade.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) In the eighth grade.
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They sleep a lot.
(b) They move back overseas.
(c) They lose their religion.
(d) They don't make any money.
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) Christmas as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
3. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
4. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
5. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)