|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because he wants to give her something too.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
2. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She runs into the wall instead.
(c) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(d) She falls over a chair.
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) It falls out in his sleep.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) He eats something hard.
(d) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. Watkins.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) His father.
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) When he was in the first grade.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
4. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
5. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)