|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) Not to tell anyone.
(d) That he'll be punished.
2. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) His birthday.
(d) A book he read as a child.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he won't stand up.
(b) Because he talks back.
(c) Because he burps.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
4. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(c) Hush puppies.
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because he is sleeping.
(c) Because the lock is stuck.
(d) Because she is leaning on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)