|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She runs into the wall instead.
(b) She falls over a chair.
(c) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(d) She is arrested.
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He threw rocks at them.
(d) He hit Bruce.
3. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because he is sleeping.
(c) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
4. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) His mother plays cards with her.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) They used to be neighbors.
5. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There is no one to play with.
(b) There are snakes.
(c) It always rains.
(d) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)