|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) Mrs. Watkins.
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He wanted to be near his mother.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was always in trouble.
(d) There weren't other child around.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he talks back.
(b) Because his pants are wet.
(c) Because he burps.
(d) Because he won't stand up.
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David wants to start his own farm.
(d) David wants to return to school.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Make him move all the desks.
(b) Call the authorities.
(c) Kick him out of school.
(d) Hit him with a ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
2. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
4. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
5. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)