|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) Because he wants to write a novel.
(c) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(d) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
2. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) David's father knocks her down.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) She trips on her way up.
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From urinating.
(b) From falling in a puddle.
(c) From spilling a drink.
(d) From the grass.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) It always rains.
(b) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) There are snakes.
5. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) He wanted to be near his mother.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He was shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)