|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his size.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his strength.
(d) Because of his reputation.
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They told his dad.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They took him home.
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she doesn't have money.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She thinks he dislikes her.
(b) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(c) She sees him steal from another student.
(d) She catches him cheating.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Hit him with a ruler.
(b) Kick him out of school.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Call the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)