|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) It falls out in his sleep.
(b) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
(c) He eats something hard.
(d) He gets punched.
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A plow.
(b) His clothing.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rake.
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A tax evasion charge.
(b) A robbery charge.
(c) A battery charge.
(d) A morals charge.
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) Next to the factory.
(b) To the hills.
(c) To the city.
(d) In with his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
2. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
3. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
4. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)