|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(b) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(c) Because he wants to write a novel.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David can't wait to help.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
3. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They took him home.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They told his dad.
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Tortured and troubled.
(b) Beautifully sad.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Quickly passing.
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The trees.
(b) People getting on the train.
(d) The towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
5. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)