|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Throws up.
(c) Covers his nose.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) To call her husband.
(d) Not to tell anyone.
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) He is allowed out there alone.
4. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She was less interested in playing.
(b) She tried to start a business.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She wrote poetry.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She thinks he dislikes her.
(b) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(c) She sees him steal from another student.
(d) She catches him cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
3. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
4. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
5. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)