|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(b) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(c) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because there is clay in the ground.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) A book he read as a child.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) His birthday.
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) Tortured and troubled.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Quickly passing.
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she stayed inside.
(b) The way she dressed.
(c) The books she read.
(d) The religion she practiced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)