|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Quickly passing.
(b) Tortured and troubled.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Beautifully sad.
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He is allowed out there alone.
(b) He can see the country.
(c) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(d) It is breezy.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he talks back.
(b) Because he won't stand up.
(c) Because he burps.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(b) It always rains.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) There are snakes.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Call the authorities.
(c) Hit him with a ruler.
(d) Make him move all the desks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)