|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(b) People getting on the train.
(c) The trees.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because the plow breaks.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because he wants to turn a profit.
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He puked on them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He threw rocks at them.
(d) He hit Bruce.
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because he rarely saw her.
(b) Because he was afraid of her.
(c) Because they were different.
(d) Because she was hard to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
3. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
5. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)