|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(b) There are snakes.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) It always rains.
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She runs into the wall instead.
(b) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She falls over a chair.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To prove he is right.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) For grocery money.
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) In the eighth grade.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) When he was in the first grade.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
5. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)