|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Biscuits and eggs.
(c) Ham and biscuits.
(d) Cereal and oatmeal.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to return to school.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David can't wait to help.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his size.
4. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) His mother told him.
(d) Through a letter.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Make him move all the desks.
(c) Hit him with a ruler.
(d) Call the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
3. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
4. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)