|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Covers his nose.
(b) Throws up.
(c) Breathes it in deeply.
2. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) About seventeen.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) When he was in the first grade.
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she dressed.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she stayed inside.
(d) The books she read.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his size.
(b) Because of his strength.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his reputation.
5. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) His mother told him.
(b) Through a letter.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)