|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a deacon.
3. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(b) Because he forgot his homework.
(c) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(d) Because he wants to write a novel.
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the city.
(b) To the hills.
(c) Next to the factory.
(d) In with his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)