|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because it smells good.
2. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(b) Brown bags.
(c) Plastic bags.
(d) Her old purse.
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Christmas as a child.
(b) His birthday.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) A book he read as a child.
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Covers his nose.
(c) Breathes it in deeply.
5. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) He eats something hard.
(b) It falls out in his sleep.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
2. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
5. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)