|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is missing a window pane.
(b) The door doesn't lock.
(c) The lights won't turn on.
(d) It is full of junk.
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Ham and biscuits.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Biscuits and eggs.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he won't stand up.
(b) Because he burps.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he talks back.
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he was small.
(b) Because he didn't talk much.
(c) Because he couldn't count.
(d) Because she was losing her mind.
5. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Watkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
2. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
5. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)