|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because she is leaning on the door.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There are snakes.
(b) There is no one to play with.
(c) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(d) It always rains.
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Through a letter.
(c) His mother told him.
(d) An article in the paper.
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David wants to return to school.
5. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(b) Hush puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)