|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because he is getting older.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
2. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Covers his nose.
(c) Breathes it in deeply.
(d) Throws up.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) When he was in the first grade.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) In the eighth grade.
(d) Ten years old.
4. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) That she is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
2. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
3. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
4. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)