|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Throws up.
(c) Covers his nose.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) He is allowed out there alone.
(d) It is breezy.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) In the eighth grade.
(b) When he was in the first grade.
(c) About seventeen.
(d) Ten years old.
4. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because he rarely saw her.
(b) Because they were different.
(c) Because she was hard to know.
(d) Because he was afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)