|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) Not to tell anyone.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) To call her husband.
(d) That he'll be punished.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his homework is late.
(b) Because his hair is messy.
(c) Because he is the last student to sit down.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
3. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) Next to the factory.
(b) To the hills.
(c) In with his grandmother.
(d) To the city.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(b) There is no one to play with.
(c) It always rains.
(d) There are snakes.
5. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
5. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)