|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To prove he is right.
(d) To start a new business.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his violent past.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his strength.
(d) Because of his size.
3. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George moved away.
(b) George opened a car wash.
(c) George started dating her sister.
(d) George went back to college.
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because he wants to give her something too.
(c) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(d) Because he doesn't want it at school.
5. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) A phone call.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) His mother told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)