|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she dressed.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The books she read.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because she doesn't have money.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) His mother told him.
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A battery charge.
(b) A robbery charge.
(c) A morals charge.
(d) A tax evasion charge.
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because they were different.
(b) Because he was afraid of her.
(c) Because she was hard to know.
(d) Because he rarely saw her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)