|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) Tortured and troubled.
(c) Quickly passing.
(d) The best of his childhood.
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his reputation.
(b) Because of his strength.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his violent past.
3. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) People getting on the train.
(c) The towns.
(d) The trees.
4. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) The train was moving too fast.
(b) He wasn't interested.
(c) They didn't pass a town.
(d) He was sleeping.
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) He goes to her church.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) She was his pre-school teacher.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
5. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)