|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David can't wait to help.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) It is breezy.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) He can see the country.
(d) He is allowed out there alone.
3. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They took him home.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They told his dad.
4. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) The new house is larger than the old one.
(b) The rented their furniture with the house.
(c) They were robbed before they moved.
(d) They sold their furniture to make money.
5. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) He was David's friend.
(b) On a walk.
(c) At the movies.
(d) When her car broke down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
5. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)