|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Tortured and troubled.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) Beautifully sad.
(d) The best of his childhood.
2. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Traveling with his father.
(c) Christmas as a child.
(d) A book he read as a child.
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) David's father knocks her down.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) She trips on her way up.
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David can't wait to help.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(b) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
2. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)