|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her hair.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
3. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She tried to start a business.
(b) She moved away.
(c) She was less interested in playing.
(d) She wrote poetry.
4. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) He was David's friend.
(b) At the movies.
(c) When her car broke down.
(d) On a walk.
5. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) It always rains.
(b) There are snakes.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)