|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his reputation.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his strength.
2. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
3. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(b) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(c) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(d) Bruce made him eat dirt.
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They tossed him in the river.
(d) They told his dad.
5. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She falls while sleepwalking.
(b) David's father knocks her down.
(c) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(d) She trips on her way up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)