|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A battery charge.
(b) A morals charge.
(c) A robbery charge.
(d) A tax evasion charge.
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She moved away.
(b) She wrote poetry.
(c) She tried to start a business.
(d) She was less interested in playing.
3. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) At the movies.
(b) When her car broke down.
(c) He was David's friend.
(d) On a walk.
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) Christmas as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
2. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)