|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She wrote poetry.
(b) She moved away.
(c) She tried to start a business.
(d) She was less interested in playing.
2. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) He was David's friend.
(b) When her car broke down.
(c) On a walk.
(d) At the movies.
3. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Breathes it in deeply.
(b) Throws up.
(c) Covers his nose.
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) The best of his childhood.
(b) Tortured and troubled.
(c) Beautifully sad.
(d) Quickly passing.
5. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They tossed him in the river.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) They took him home.
(d) They told his dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)