|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) It falls out in his sleep.
(d) He eats something hard.
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The books she read.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she dressed.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
4. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) His mother plays cards with her.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) She was his pre-school teacher.
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)