|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) She falls while sleepwalking.
(c) David's father knocks her down.
(d) She trips on her way up.
2. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because he was afraid of her.
(b) Because he rarely saw her.
(c) Because she was hard to know.
(d) Because they were different.
3. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
4. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) His birthday.
(d) A book he read as a child.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
2. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
3. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
4. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)