|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was always in trouble.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her hair.
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) Quickly passing.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Tortured and troubled.
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(b) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(c) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(d) Bruce made him eat dirt.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(b) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
2. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
4. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)