|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because the plow breaks.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because he wants to turn a profit.
2. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) His mother told him.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) A phone call.
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) It falls out in his sleep.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
(d) He eats something hard.
4. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The couch.
(b) The porch.
(c) The car.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) A book he read as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
2. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)