|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(b) People getting on the train.
(c) The trees.
2. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There is no one to play with.
(b) It always rains.
(c) There are snakes.
(d) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because he is getting older.
(c) Because the plow breaks.
(d) Because there is clay in the ground.
4. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She falls while sleepwalking.
(b) David's father knocks her down.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) Aunt Mae shoves her.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a reporter.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a deacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)