|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Breathes it in deeply.
(d) Covers his nose.
2. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) In with his grandmother.
(b) To the hills.
(c) To the city.
(d) Next to the factory.
3. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(b) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(c) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
5. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she doesn't have money.
(b) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
2. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)