|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) It is breezy.
(c) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(d) He is allowed out there alone.
2. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) The rented their furniture with the house.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) They were robbed before they moved.
(d) The new house is larger than the old one.
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) A phone call.
(d) His mother told him.
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
(a) George moved away.
(b) George went back to college.
(c) George opened a car wash.
(d) George started dating her sister.
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
2. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
5. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)