|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) David's father knocks her down.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) She falls while sleepwalking.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because the plow breaks.
(b) Because he is getting older.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because he wants to turn a profit.
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he was small.
(b) Because he couldn't count.
(c) Because she was losing her mind.
(d) Because he didn't talk much.
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) Aunt Mae.
(b) His father.
(c) Mrs. Watkins.
(d) His mother.
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Christmas as a child.
(b) His birthday.
(c) A book he read as a child.
(d) Traveling with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
2. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
3. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)