|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Mrs. Watkins.
(d) Aunt Mae.
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because she doesn't have money.
3. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There is no one to play with.
(b) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(c) It always rains.
(d) There are snakes.
4. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) They didn't pass a town.
(b) He wasn't interested.
(c) He was sleeping.
(d) The train was moving too fast.
5. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) He gets punched.
(b) He eats something hard.
(c) It falls out in his sleep.
(d) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
2. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)