|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David wants to return to school.
(d) David pretends to be sick.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The car.
(b) The porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The couch.
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. Watkins.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) His father.
5. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He was sleeping.
(b) The train was moving too fast.
(c) He wasn't interested.
(d) They didn't pass a town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
3. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
4. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
5. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)