|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
(a) They didn't pass a town.
(b) He wasn't interested.
(c) The train was moving too fast.
(d) He was sleeping.
2. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She trips on her way up.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) David's father knocks her down.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his reputation.
(b) Because of his strength.
(c) Because of his violent past.
(d) Because of his size.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a reporter.
(d) He is a deacon.
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Beautifully sad.
(b) Tortured and troubled.
(c) The best of his childhood.
(d) Quickly passing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
5. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)