|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) She was his pre-school teacher.
(b) They used to be neighbors.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
2. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The books she read.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she dressed.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
4. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her clothing.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because he is getting older.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
5. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)