|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(b) She sees him steal from another student.
(c) She catches him cheating.
(d) She thinks he dislikes her.
2. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(a) Cars' headlights.
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his reputation.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There are snakes.
(b) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
(c) It always rains.
(d) There is no one to play with.
5. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He can see the country.
(b) It is breezy.
(c) He is allowed out there alone.
(d) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
2. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
3. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
5. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)