|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Hit him with a ruler.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Call the authorities.
2. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A watch.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A check.
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The books she read.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she dressed.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
4. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) At the movies.
(b) He was David's friend.
(c) When her car broke down.
(d) On a walk.
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(b) Covers his nose.
(c) Breathes it in deeply.
(d) Throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
2. How is David's father's grave marked?
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
4. What does David blame Flora for in "Chapter 7"?
5. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)