Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Covers his nose.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Breathes it in deeply.
2. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) There wasn't enough room.
(b) She is too afraid.
(c) She knows she is a sinner.
(d) She is uncertain.
3. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
4. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They tossed him in the river.
(b) They took him home.
(c) They told his dad.
(d) They beat him up.
5. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) A visit from his superior.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
2. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
4. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
5. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)