|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his reputation.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his strength.
2. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is an economic depression.
(b) There is a shortage of parts.
(c) Few people drive cars.
(d) The men are at war.
3. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) He was shy.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(b) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(c) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(d) Bruce made him eat dirt.
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) The towns.
(c) People getting on the train.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
3. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
4. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)