Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) His mother told him.
2. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because the plow breaks.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because he is getting older.
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) Christmas as a child.
(d) His birthday.
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she stayed inside.
(b) The way she dressed.
(c) The religion she practiced.
(d) The books she read.
5. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he didn't talk much.
(b) Because he was small.
(c) Because she was losing her mind.
(d) Because he couldn't count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
3. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)