|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(c) If she will go out with him one more time.
(d) If she loves him.
2. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he burps.
(b) Because he won't stand up.
(c) Because he talks back.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
3. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her forehead.
(d) Her ears.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She sees him steal from another student.
(b) She catches him cheating.
(c) She thinks he dislikes her.
(d) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
5. Where is David's father buried?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In the town cemetery.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. After digging his mother's grave, what does David instinctively know?
2. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. When David starts crying in "Chapter 9," why does he think it is strange?
5. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)