|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She is trying to find a new job.
(b) She picks up extra shifts.
(c) She starts singing with a band.
(d) She is embarassed.
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) In the eighth grade.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) When he was in the first grade.
(d) About seventeen.
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) She drives.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On a plane.
(d) On a train.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(b) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
2. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
4. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
5. What does Jo Lynne say when David invites her to a movie?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)