|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because it smells good.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
2. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She starts singing with a band.
(b) She is embarassed.
(c) She is trying to find a new job.
(d) She picks up extra shifts.
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) For grocery money.
(b) To make David's mother angry.
(c) To prove he is right.
(d) To start a new business.
4. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Buys a train ticket.
5. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(b) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(c) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(d) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
2. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
3. How is David's father's grave marked?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)