|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Takes care of the crops.
(b) Rents out a room.
(c) Makes bread to sell.
(d) Sleeps a lot.
2. Where does Aunt Mae have David get out of Clyde's truck in "Chapter 6"?
(a) At the top of the hill.
(b) In front of a restaurant.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In town.
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David can't wait to help.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
4. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) David's house.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The movie theater.
5. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
2. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
4. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)