|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is a new woman.
(b) That she is troubled.
(c) That she is lonely.
(d) That she is crazy.
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
(a) She wrote poetry.
(b) She moved away.
(c) She was less interested in playing.
(d) She tried to start a business.
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A morals charge.
(b) A tax evasion charge.
(c) A robbery charge.
(d) A battery charge.
4. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
(a) There are snakes.
(b) It always rains.
(c) There is no one to play with.
(d) His mother doesn't let him out after dark.
5. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
(a) He needs a break.
(b) He wants to hide.
(c) He wants to hide the gun.
(d) He wants to grab the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
4. What first attracts David to Jo Lynne?
5. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)