|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) They were robbed before they moved.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) The new house is larger than the old one.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Mostly women.
(b) Young men.
(c) Unemployed mechanics.
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A singing gig.
(b) A date of her own.
(c) A night class.
(d) Her nap.
4. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
(a) How he wants to be rich.
(b) How his father isn't there.
(c) How kind Aunt Mae is to him.
(d) How he isn't invited to them.
5. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her attitude.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. Where does David shoot the preacher?
3. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
4. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
5. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)