|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He looks forward to it.
(b) He doesn't know it's in town.
(c) He doesn't like it.
(d) He wants to approve it first.
2. Why does David run to the train room after shooting the preacher?
(a) He needs a break.
(b) He wants to hide the gun.
(c) He wants to grab the train.
(d) He wants to hide.
3. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(b) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(c) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
(d) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
4. What does Aunt Mae agree to do the night of David's date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Stay home with his mother.
(b) Give him advice.
(c) Drive him.
(d) Talk to Jo Lynne.
5. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A night class.
(b) A singing gig.
(c) A date of her own.
(d) Her nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
2. How does David dig his mother's grave?
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
4. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
5. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)