|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Looks at a picture.
(d) Watches TV.
2. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(a) Washington, D.C.
3. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He wants David to invest it for him.
(b) He buys things from David.
(c) He feels bad for him.
(d) He owes him money.
4. When David finds his mother in "Chapter 9," where is blood coming from?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her forehead.
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) For grocery money.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) To prove he is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
2. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
3. When is David's father drafted?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
5. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)