|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David dig his mother's grave?
(a) With his own shovel.
(b) With his father's shovel.
(c) With some of the farming equipment.
(d) With her gardening trowel.
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(a) Unemployed mechanics.
(b) Mostly women.
(c) Young men.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a reporter.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a deacon.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To make David's mother angry.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) For grocery money.
(d) To prove he is right.
5. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Buys a train ticket.
(d) Eats lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
2. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
3. What does the preacher schedule for the nights that the Evangelist revival is in town?
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
5. Why does the preacher come to see David in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)