|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The door doesn't lock.
(b) It is full of junk.
(c) It is missing a window pane.
(d) The lights won't turn on.
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
4. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To take care of his mother.
(b) To start his own business.
(c) To find a girlfriend.
(d) To attend college.
5. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The books she read.
(b) The way she dressed.
(c) The way she stayed inside.
(d) The religion she practiced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
2. In "Chapter 7," the narrator says that some people worried about David's mother, but how do others feel?
3. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
4. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)