|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) Outside on the porch.
(b) In bed with her.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) With his toy train.
2. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
(a) To start a music career.
(b) To get fresh air.
(c) For a change.
(d) To marry Clyde.
3. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To lead the crowd in prayers.
(b) To recommit to their religion.
(c) To ask questions.
(d) To shake his hand.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) He was shy.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He wanted to be near his mother.
5. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
3. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
4. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
5. In "Chapter 4," what is Aunt Mae promoted to at work?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)