|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
(a) They lose their value in this country.
(b) They are sinners.
(c) They are killing other.
(d) They find foreign wives.
2. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) No one else is in the theater.
(b) The movie is good.
(c) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
(d) The tickets were cheap.
3. What does Aunt Mae skip to help David with his date in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A night class.
(b) Her nap.
(c) A date of her own.
(d) A singing gig.
4. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
5. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Crying in the bathroom.
(b) Rearranging her bedroom.
(c) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(d) Sleeping in the living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
2. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
4. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
5. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)