|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) David's father knocks her down.
(b) She trips on her way up.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) Aunt Mae shoves her.
2. Who suggests David take Jo Lynne to the movies in "Chapter 7"?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's boss.
(c) Jo Lynne.
(d) Aunt Mae.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Kick him out of school.
(b) Hit him with a ruler.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Call the authorities.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his reputation.
5. What does David do at the end of "Chapter 9"?
(a) Meets someone for coffee in town.
(b) Buries the preacher.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Buys a train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
2. Why does Aunt Mae lose her job at the factory?
3. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
5. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)