|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To see the latest movie.
(b) To meet men.
(c) For her new job.
(d) To play music.
2. What makes David happy during the movie he sees with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7"?
(a) The tickets were cheap.
(b) No one else is in the theater.
(c) The movie is good.
(d) Jo Lynne holds his hand.
3. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She is trying to find a new job.
(b) She picks up extra shifts.
(c) She is embarassed.
(d) She starts singing with a band.
4. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts kind.
(b) She acts harsh.
(c) She acts indifferent.
(d) She ignores him.
5. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Rents out a room.
(b) Makes bread to sell.
(c) Takes care of the crops.
(d) Sleeps a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
2. How does David finally find his mother in "Chapter 9"?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. What does David do at the local drugstore?
5. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)