|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) David's house.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The drugstore.
2. Where does David dig a grave for his mother?
(a) In the middle of the crops.
(b) Under the porch.
(c) On the other side of the river.
(d) Under the pines.
3. Where does David stay the night his mother dies?
(a) Outside on the porch.
(b) In bed with her.
(c) With his toy train.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) He was David's friend.
(b) When her car broke down.
(c) At the movies.
(d) On a walk.
5. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
3. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
4. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
5. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)