|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While watching the movie with Jo Lynne in "Chapter 7," what does David say he has a hard time doing?
2. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she says to stop the music.
(b) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(c) Because she kicks them off.
(d) Because she is dancing well.
3. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) She paints her fingernails.
(b) She is more thin.
(c) Her hair greyed.
(d) She grew a little taller.
4. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he was small.
(c) Because he couldn't count.
(d) Because he didn't talk much.
5. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Looks at a picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Jo Lynne first comes in the store does it take before David talks to her?
2. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor tell the women to write in letters to their husbands who are overseas in the war?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)