|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David shoot the preacher?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the leg.
2. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They set up cubicle dividers.
(b) They move the machines.
(c) They use a parking garage.
(d) They put down a new floor.
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The religion she practiced.
(b) The way she dressed.
(c) The way she stayed inside.
(d) The books she read.
4. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(a) Plastic bags.
(c) Brown bags.
(d) Her old purse.
5. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She acts indifferent.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She acts kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
2. What does David say the women who come into the drugstore do?
3. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
4. In "Chapter 9," what does David first feel under his feet while looking for his mother?
5. Why does Jo Lynne come to David's town?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)