|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
(b) When she has money.
(c) When he agrees to go to college.
(d) In three months.
2. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she is dancing well.
(b) Because she is a terrible dancer.
(c) Because she kicks them off.
(d) Because she says to stop the music.
3. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts kind.
(b) She acts indifferent.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She ignores him.
4. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He buys things from David.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He wants David to invest it for him.
(d) He feels bad for him.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
2. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
5. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)