|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David can't wait to help.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) That she is sorry.
3. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) He gets punched.
(b) He eats something hard.
(c) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
(d) It falls out in his sleep.
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
(a) Quickly passing.
(b) The best of his childhood.
(c) Tortured and troubled.
(d) Beautifully sad.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a deacon.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
2. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
4. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
5. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)