|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They told his dad.
(c) They took him home.
(d) They tossed him in the river.
2. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The religion she practiced.
(b) The way she dressed.
(c) The books she read.
(d) The way she stayed inside.
3. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He threw rocks at them.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He puked on them.
(d) He hit Bruce.
4. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
(a) People getting on the train.
(b) The towns.
(d) The trees.
5. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
3. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
4. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)