|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They took him home.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) They told his dad.
(d) They tossed him in the river.
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her husband.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) In the eighth grade.
(c) About seventeen.
(d) When he was in the first grade.
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
5. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) There weren't other child around.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
2. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
3. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
5. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)