|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It fell on the floor.
(b) It got cold.
(c) She is sick when she makes it.
(d) It is poorly prepared.
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she doesn't have money.
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From falling in a puddle.
(b) From spilling a drink.
(c) From urinating.
(d) From the grass.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was always in trouble.
(b) There weren't other child around.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was shy.
5. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) They were robbed before they moved.
(b) The new house is larger than the old one.
(c) They sold their furniture to make money.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
2. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
5. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)