|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and eggs.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Ham and biscuits.
2. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) A book he read as a child.
(b) Traveling with his father.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Christmas as a child.
4. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Breathes it in deeply.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Covers his nose.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
5. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)