|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because she was losing her mind.
(b) Because he didn't talk much.
(c) Because he couldn't count.
(d) Because he was small.
2. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) Through a letter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) His mother told him.
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) She trips on her way up.
(b) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(c) David's father knocks her down.
(d) She falls while sleepwalking.
4. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) The new house is larger than the old one.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) They were robbed before they moved.
(d) The rented their furniture with the house.
5. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
2. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
5. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)