|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(b) Hush puppies.
2. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) Christmas as a child.
(d) Traveling with his father.
3. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(b) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(c) Because it smells good.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Biscuits and eggs.
(d) Ham and biscuits.
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Breathes it in deeply.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Covers his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
2. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
5. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)