|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
(a) She catches him cheating.
(b) She thinks he dislikes her.
(c) She dislikes Aunt Mae.
(d) She sees him steal from another student.
2. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) A book he read as a child.
(b) Traveling with his father.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Christmas as a child.
3. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) When he was in the first grade.
(b) About seventeen.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) In the eighth grade.
4. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) His mother told him.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because his pants are wet.
(b) Because his homework is late.
(c) Because his hair is messy.
(d) Because he is the last student to sit down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
2. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
3. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
4. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)