|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(c) She falls over a chair.
(d) She runs into the wall instead.
2. How does David say Aunt Mae met George?
(a) When her car broke down.
(b) On a walk.
(c) At the movies.
(d) He was David's friend.
3. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They took him home.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They told his dad.
(d) They beat him up.
4. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) He was shy.
(b) He wanted to be near his mother.
(c) There weren't other child around.
(d) He was always in trouble.
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
(a) They used to be neighbors.
(b) She was his pre-school teacher.
(c) He goes to her church.
(d) His mother plays cards with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
2. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
5. At the end of "Chapter 1," what does David watch out his train window?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)