|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
2. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he burps.
(b) Because he talks back.
(c) Because he won't stand up.
(d) Because his pants are wet.
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A plow.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rake.
(d) His clothing.
4. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because there is clay in the ground.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his reputation.
(d) Because of his size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
2. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
5. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)