|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) David's father knocks her down.
(c) She trips on her way up.
(d) She falls while sleepwalking.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a reporter.
(d) He is a deacon.
3. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Traveling with his father.
(b) Christmas as a child.
(c) A book he read as a child.
(d) His birthday.
4. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The car.
(b) The porch.
(c) The couch.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the city.
(b) In with his grandmother.
(c) Next to the factory.
(d) To the hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
3. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)