|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) His mother told him.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) A phone call.
3. What does David say happened to him when Bruce and his friends found him crying?
(a) They told his dad.
(b) They tossed him in the river.
(c) They took him home.
(d) They beat him up.
4. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She falls over a chair.
(c) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(d) She runs into the wall instead.
5. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(b) He is allowed out there alone.
(c) He can see the country.
(d) It is breezy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
2. Why does David say he didn't get the name of the last town his train passed in "Chapter 1"?
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)