|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
(a) Breathes it in deeply.
(c) Throws up.
(d) Covers his nose.
2. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the hills.
(b) To the city.
(c) Next to the factory.
(d) In with his grandmother.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Call the authorities.
(b) Kick him out of school.
(c) Hit him with a ruler.
(d) Make him move all the desks.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his strength.
(b) Because of his reputation.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his violent past.
5. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From spilling a drink.
(b) From falling in a puddle.
(c) From the grass.
(d) From urinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)