|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
(a) About seventeen.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) When he was in the first grade.
(d) In the eighth grade.
2. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she dressed.
(b) The way she stayed inside.
(c) The books she read.
(d) The religion she practiced.
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he is getting older.
(b) Because the plow breaks.
(c) Because there is clay in the ground.
(d) Because he wants to turn a profit.
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because she is leaning on the door.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
5. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David pretends to be sick.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David wants to start his own farm.
(d) David can't wait to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
3. Why does David say it was difficult to play near his new house?
4. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
5. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)