|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) A phone call.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) His mother told him.
(d) Through a letter.
2. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(c) Hush puppies.
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to return to school.
(b) David can't wait to help.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
4. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
(a) He eats something hard.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) It falls out in his sleep.
(d) Mrs. Watkins knocks it out.
5. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
(d) Cars' headlights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
3. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
4. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
5. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)