|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To prove he is right.
(b) To start a new business.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) For grocery money.
2. How does David say he learned that George was arrested?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) A phone call.
(d) His mother told him.
3. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
(a) A morals charge.
(b) A robbery charge.
(c) A battery charge.
(d) A tax evasion charge.
4. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(b) Because the plow breaks.
(c) Because he is getting older.
(d) Because there is clay in the ground.
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Biscuits and eggs.
(d) Ham and biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
2. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
4. What does David say happened to George after he and Aunt Mae broke up?
5. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)