|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) It is breezy.
(b) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
(c) He can see the country.
(d) He is allowed out there alone.
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. Why does David say Aunt Mae wanted him to stay home from school one more year when he was five?
(a) Because he couldn't count.
(b) Because he didn't talk much.
(c) Because she was losing her mind.
(d) Because he was small.
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
5. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) Christmas as a child.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Traveling with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to Aunt Mae after she broke up with George?
2. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
4. How old does David say he was when he learned the truth about George?
5. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)