|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) That she is sorry.
2. What does David say he did to Bruce and his friends while he was crying?
(a) He hit Bruce.
(b) He puked on them.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He threw rocks at them.
3. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Aunt Mae shoves her.
(b) She trips on her way up.
(c) She falls while sleepwalking.
(d) David's father knocks her down.
4. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she dressed.
(b) The religion she practiced.
(c) The way she stayed inside.
(d) The books she read.
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It fell on the floor.
(b) She is sick when she makes it.
(c) It is poorly prepared.
(d) It got cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," how does David describe his years before starting school?
2. In "Chapter 1," what does David say lights up the night during his train ride?
3. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
4. What was George charged with that sent him to prison?
5. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)