|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
(a) The rented their furniture with the house.
(b) They sold their furniture to make money.
(c) The new house is larger than the old one.
(d) They were robbed before they moved.
2. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because he wants to give her something too.
(d) Because it smells good.
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They move back overseas.
(b) They lose their religion.
(c) They sleep a lot.
(d) They don't make any money.
4. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to return to school.
(b) David wants to start his own farm.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David can't wait to help.
5. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) David's baby picture.
(b) The picture of David's father's grave.
(c) Her wedding picture.
(d) A picture of David's father in uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
2. In "Chapter 4," who asks Aunt Mae about why she didn't go up on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
3. Where is Mr. Farney from originally?
4. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
5. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)