|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is David's father's grave marked?
(a) With a marble gravestone.
(b) With a wreath.
(c) With a wooden heart.
(d) With a white cross.
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He is allowed out there alone.
(b) He can see the country.
(c) It is breezy.
(d) Someone carved sayings into the boards.
3. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because of his fond memories there.
(b) Because they wanted to visit there.
(c) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(d) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
4. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She starts singing with a band.
(b) She is embarassed.
(c) She picks up extra shifts.
(d) She is trying to find a new job.
5. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A letter.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A visit from his superior.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's mother fall down the stairs in "Chapter 2"?
2. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
5. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)