|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Rearranging her bedroom.
(b) Crying in the bathroom.
(c) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(d) Sleeping in the living room.
2. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because they wanted to visit there.
(b) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(c) Because of his fond memories there.
(d) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
3. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
(a) His watch.
(b) His cuff-links.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
4. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The women who work there.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) The general contractor.
(d) David's mother.
5. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
(a) To ask questions.
(b) To recommit to their religion.
(c) To lead the crowd in prayers.
(d) To shake his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
2. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
3. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
4. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)