|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) She is sick when she makes it.
(b) It fell on the floor.
(c) It is poorly prepared.
(d) It got cold.
2. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her attitude.
3. In "Chapter 2," why does David's father need help in the fields?
(a) Because there is clay in the ground.
(b) Because he is getting older.
(c) Because he wants to turn a profit.
(d) Because the plow breaks.
4. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
(b) Sleeping in the living room.
(c) Crying in the bathroom.
(d) Rearranging her bedroom.
5. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
(a) He has straight A's.
(b) He's the first in the family.
(c) His whole family is there.
(d) He is giving a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
3. How does the local preacher feel about the Evangelist revival in "Chapter 4"?
4. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)