|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
2. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David can't wait to help.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David wants to start his own farm.
3. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
(a) Her old purse.
(b) Plastic bags.
(c) Brown bags.
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
(a) Rents out a room.
(b) Sleeps a lot.
(c) Takes care of the crops.
(d) Makes bread to sell.
5. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
(a) To the city.
(b) Next to the factory.
(c) To the hills.
(d) In with his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think of when he sees the graduation parties in "Chapter 6"?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
4. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)