|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) Her wedding picture.
(b) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(c) David's baby picture.
(d) The picture of David's father's grave.
2. What does Aunt Mae say when questioned about why she didn't go on Bobbie Lee Taylor's stage?
(a) She is too afraid.
(b) There wasn't enough room.
(c) She knows she is a sinner.
(d) She is uncertain.
3. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They use a parking garage.
(b) They set up cubicle dividers.
(c) They move the machines.
(d) They put down a new floor.
4. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Looks at a picture.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Goes to sleep.
5. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He is crying.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He sat down.
(d) He is running.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the house David and his family move into in "Chapter 2" have little furniture?
2. What makes David's eighth grade graduation important?
3. Why does Bobbie Lee Taylor invite people on stage with him?
4. Where do David and his family move after his father loses his job?
5. How does David know his first grade teacher before school begins?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)