|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae give David for graduating?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A check.
(d) A watch.
2. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is running.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He sat down.
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David pretends to be sick.
(c) David can't wait to help.
(d) David wants to return to school.
4. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
5. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
(a) It isn't well known.
(b) It is all over flyers in town.
(c) He is running for mayor.
(d) He makes radio appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
2. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
3. When is David's father drafted?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
5. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)