|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
(a) She picks up extra shifts.
(b) She is trying to find a new job.
(c) She is embarassed.
(d) She starts singing with a band.
2. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For having foreign wives.
(b) For being violent.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For losing the war.
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They lose their religion.
(b) They sleep a lot.
(c) They move back overseas.
(d) They don't make any money.
4. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a deacon.
(c) He is a reporter.
(d) He is a mechanic.
5. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
2. What does David wear of his father's for his eighth grade graduation?
3. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
5. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)