|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(a) Hush puppies.
2. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
3. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
(a) He says he has been injured.
(b) He hasn't written in a while.
(c) He is in a dangerous country.
(d) She receives a medal in the mail.
4. Why does Mrs. Watkins use her husband as a threat against her students?
(a) Because of his reputation.
(b) Because of his violent past.
(c) Because of his strength.
(d) Because of his size.
5. When the Evangelist revival comes to town in "Chapter 4," how long has it been since the last revival?
(a) About five years.
(b) It's the first revival.
(c) Over a year.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
2. Why is Bobbie Lee Taylor's name well known in "Chapter 4"?
3. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
4. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)