|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
(a) His mother's attitude.
(b) Aunt Mae's singing.
(c) The weather.
(d) His father's crying.
2. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because he is sleeping.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because she is leaning on the door.
(d) Because it locks on her side of the door.
3. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Finds new members.
(b) Plays wedding receptions.
(c) Breaks up.
(d) Plays for a party at David's house.
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The lights won't turn on.
(b) It is missing a window pane.
(c) The door doesn't lock.
(d) It is full of junk.
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is poorly prepared.
(b) She is sick when she makes it.
(c) It got cold.
(d) It fell on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is David's father's grave marked?
2. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
3. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
5. What does David's mother do at the end of "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)