|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He doesn't know her well.
(c) He is pleased with her.
(d) He dislikes her.
2. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her attitude.
3. What does Aunt Mae ask her friend, Flora, to do for her in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Watch after mother.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Find her a job.
(d) Help David get into high school.
4. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A visit from his superior.
5. Where does David sleep at the end of "Chapter 2"?
(a) The porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The couch.
(d) The car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David sees his father off at the train station in "Chapter 4," what strikes him most?
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor warn about men overseas in the war?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does David's mother insist his father return to the store in town?
5. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)