|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) To make David's mother angry.
(c) To prove he is right.
(d) For grocery money.
2. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
3. What does Bobbie Lee Taylor say happens when the men who are overseas come home?
(a) They move back overseas.
(b) They lose their religion.
(c) They sleep a lot.
(d) They don't make any money.
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The lights won't turn on.
(b) It is missing a window pane.
(c) It is full of junk.
(d) The door doesn't lock.
5. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
(a) The farming ones.
(b) None of them.
(c) The ones closest to his house.
(d) Any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins say David is a troublemaker?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does David say he likes the porch on his new house in "Chapter 2"?
5. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)