|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They use a parking garage.
(b) They put down a new floor.
(c) They move the machines.
(d) They set up cubicle dividers.
2. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
(a) For having foreign wives.
(b) For being violent.
(c) For losing the war.
(d) For being poor.
3. What is David's response in "Chapter 2" after learning his father wants him to help with the crops?
(a) David wants to start his own farm.
(b) David wants to return to school.
(c) David pretends to be sick.
(d) David can't wait to help.
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
(a) With hats.
(b) With short hair cuts.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With bows.
5. Why does Aunt Mae tell David to get into Clyde's truck after graduation?
(a) So he can drive them home.
(b) So she can be alone with a man.
(c) So he can meet Clyde.
(d) So they can celebrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watkins's husband do for a living?
2. While in the first grade, what does David analyze about Mrs. Watkins in "Chapter 2"?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. While David's father is at war, what does his mother do around the house?
5. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)