|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David's graduation, what does he find his mother doing?
(a) Sleeping in the living room.
(b) Rearranging her bedroom.
(c) Crying in the bathroom.
(d) Talking to herself in the kitchen.
2. Who finds work at the propeller factory?
(b) Young men.
(c) Mostly women.
(d) Unemployed mechanics.
3. In "Chapter 6," what picture does David's mother stare at often?
(a) A picture of David's father in uniform.
(b) David's baby picture.
(c) Her wedding picture.
(d) The picture of David's father's grave.
4. Who does David tell about thinking Mrs. Watkins is cross-eyed?
(a) His father.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) Mrs. Watkins.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
(a) His face.
(b) His plot of land.
(c) His fight with David's mother.
(d) The train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do the first time he smells Mrs. Watkins' breath?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
3. After the war, why are some men outcasts in David's town?
4. In "Chapter 2," how does David lose a tooth?
5. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)