|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does David's family go see Bobbie Lee Taylor speak?
(a) The first weekend he is in town.
(b) His tenth day in town.
(c) His first day in town.
(d) His fifth day in town.
2. How does David feel about his teacher, Mrs. Moore?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He is pleased with her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He doesn't know her well.
3. What does Flora tell Aunt Mae about David's mother in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That she is lonely.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she is troubled.
(d) That she is a new woman.
4. In "Chapter 2," why doesn't David's mother see a doctor when she needs one?
(a) Because Aunt Mae helps her instead.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because she doesn't have money.
5. In "Chapter 4," why are the mechanic shops closed?
(a) There is a shortage of parts.
(b) There is an economic depression.
(c) Few people drive cars.
(d) The men are at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
2. What state high school is David eligible to attend in "Chapter 6"?
3. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
4. How does David feel at the end of "Chapter 6"?
5. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)