|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
(a) He feels bad for his mother.
(b) He has never been more sad.
(c) He doesn't know how to feel.
(d) He can't think about his emotions.
2. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To see the latest movie.
(b) To meet men.
(c) For her new job.
(d) To play music.
3. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) David's mother.
(b) The general contractor.
(c) Aunt Mae.
(d) The women who work there.
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) She drives.
(b) On a plane.
(c) On a train.
(d) On a bus.
5. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She acts harsh.
(c) She acts kind.
(d) She acts indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
2. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
5. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)