|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To see about a job.
(c) To play a gig.
(d) To buy a house.
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her attitude.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her dress.
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because he wants to give her something too.
(c) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) To call her husband.
(c) Not to tell anyone.
(d) That she is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mae spend less time at home after the factory party?
2. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
3. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
4. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)