|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
(a) She stares.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She asks him for help.
(d) She cries.
2. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They set up cubicle dividers.
(b) They move the machines.
(c) They put down a new floor.
(d) They use a parking garage.
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She misses George.
(b) She likes dancing all night.
(c) She should have calmed down at the party.
(d) She could be happy in the hills.
4. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is full of junk.
(b) The door doesn't lock.
(c) It is missing a window pane.
(d) The lights won't turn on.
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) To call her husband.
(d) Not to tell anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
2. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
3. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
4. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
5. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)