|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her attitude.
(d) Her voice.
2. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Run for public office.
(b) Buy expensive things from David.
(c) Join fraternities.
(d) Travel the world.
3. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts indifferent.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She acts kind.
(d) She acts harsh.
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
5. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) For grocery money.
(c) To make David's mother angry.
(d) To prove he is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
2. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
3. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
4. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
5. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)