|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
2. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he wants to give her something too.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because it smells good.
(d) Because it's the only one she could grow.
3. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
(a) They put down a new floor.
(b) They use a parking garage.
(c) They set up cubicle dividers.
(d) They move the machines.
4. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From falling in a puddle.
(b) From the grass.
(c) From urinating.
(d) From spilling a drink.
5. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
(a) To play a gig.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To see about a job.
(d) To buy a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
2. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
4. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
5. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)