|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(b) Hush puppies.
2. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because they wanted to visit there.
(b) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(c) Because of his fond memories there.
(d) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
3. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(b) If she will go out with him one more time.
(c) If she loves him.
(d) If she will marry him.
4. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) To prove he is right.
(c) For grocery money.
(d) To make David's mother angry.
5. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(b) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
3. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
4. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)