|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) A plow.
(c) His clothing.
(d) A rake.
2. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
(a) Buy expensive things from David.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Join fraternities.
(d) Run for public office.
3. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) To call her husband.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) Not to tell anyone.
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(c) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(c) Because the lock is stuck.
(d) Because he is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
2. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
3. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
4. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)