|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(b) Because he forgot his homework.
(c) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(d) Because he wants to write a novel.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) That he'll be punished.
(b) Not to tell anyone.
(c) To call her husband.
(d) That she is sorry.
3. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Agrees to stay in touch.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Begins to cry.
4. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To start his own business.
(b) To take care of his mother.
(c) To attend college.
(d) To find a girlfriend.
5. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
2. Why does Mrs. Watkins make David stand up in "Chapter 3"?
3. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
4. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
5. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)