|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(b) Hush puppies.
2. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he won't stand up.
(b) Because he burps.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he talks back.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
4. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) David's mother.
(b) The women who work there.
(c) The general contractor.
(d) Aunt Mae.
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Cereal and oatmeal.
(c) Ham and biscuits.
(d) Biscuits and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
2. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
3. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
4. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
5. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)