|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(b) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(c) Because it smells good.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
2. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is leaning on the door.
(b) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because the lock is stuck.
3. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Aunt Mae.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rake.
(c) His clothing.
(d) A plow.
5. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
(a) His fight with David's mother.
(b) His plot of land.
(c) His face.
(d) The train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
2. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
3. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
4. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
5. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)