|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(b) In love.
2. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(b) Aunt Mae.
(d) The preacher.
3. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To find a girlfriend.
(b) To attend college.
(c) To start his own business.
(d) To take care of his mother.
4. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) She grew a little taller.
(b) She paints her fingernails.
(c) She is more thin.
(d) Her hair greyed.
5. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
(a) To marry Clyde.
(b) To get fresh air.
(c) To start a music career.
(d) For a change.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Aunt Mae make for breakfast?
2. How do they make a dance floor in the factory for the party?
3. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
5. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)