|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
2. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because they wanted to visit there.
(b) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
(c) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(d) Because of his fond memories there.
3. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She falls over a chair.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She runs into the wall instead.
(d) She breaks her shoulder bone.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A plow.
(b) A rake.
(c) A cat.
(d) His clothing.
5. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
(a) She drives.
(b) On a plane.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
2. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
3. Why does Aunt Mae leave for Nashville?
4. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
5. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)