|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Plays wedding receptions.
(b) Finds new members.
(c) Plays for a party at David's house.
(d) Breaks up.
2. Why does Aunt Mae go to the movie theater on Saturdays?
(a) To see the latest movie.
(b) For her new job.
(c) To play music.
(d) To meet men.
3. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because the lock is stuck.
(b) Because he is sleeping.
(c) Because she is leaning on the door.
(d) Because it locks on her side of the door.
4. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
(a) Because it smells good.
(b) Because he doesn't want it at school.
(c) Because it's the only one she could grow.
(d) Because he wants to give her something too.
5. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Agrees to stay in touch.
(d) Laughs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
2. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
3. What makes Aunt Mae stand out during the factory party?
4. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
5. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)