|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
(a) In three months.
(b) When she has money.
(c) When he agrees to go to college.
(d) As soon as she gets to Nashville.
2. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To attend college.
(b) To find a girlfriend.
(c) To start his own business.
(d) To take care of his mother.
3. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
(a) His face.
(b) His plot of land.
(c) The train.
(d) His fight with David's mother.
4. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts indifferent.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She acts kind.
5. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The lights won't turn on.
(b) It is full of junk.
(c) The door doesn't lock.
(d) It is missing a window pane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
2. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
3. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
5. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)