|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone at the factory party ask Aunt Mae to do?
(b) Stop singing.
(d) Stop dancing.
2. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
(a) She runs into the wall instead.
(b) She breaks her shoulder bone.
(c) She falls over a chair.
(d) She is arrested.
3. In "Chapter 8," where does David spend most of his free time?
(a) Near the radio.
(b) In the upstairs room.
(c) At the drugstore.
(d) In town.
4. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will help him take care of his mother.
(c) If she will go out with him one more time.
(d) If she loves him.
5. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is missing a window pane.
(b) The lights won't turn on.
(c) It is full of junk.
(d) The door doesn't lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
2. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
4. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
5. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)