|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think is strange about the room Mrs. Watkins takes him to in "Chapter 3"?
(a) The door doesn't lock.
(b) It is full of junk.
(c) It is missing a window pane.
(d) The lights won't turn on.
2. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
(a) Because of his fond memories there.
(b) Because he's trying to think of something else.
(c) Because they wanted to visit there.
(d) Because he was going to go there that weekend.
3. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She could be happy in the hills.
(b) She misses George.
(c) She likes dancing all night.
(d) She should have calmed down at the party.
4. How does David feel after talking to Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
(d) In love.
5. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rake.
(c) His clothing.
(d) A plow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 8," what does David's mother do when she sees David?
2. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
5. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)