|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because it locks on her side of the door.
(b) Because the lock is stuck.
(c) Because he is sleeping.
(d) Because she is leaning on the door.
2. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
(a) A visit from his superior.
(b) A letter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A telegram.
3. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
(a) Plays for a party at David's house.
(b) Finds new members.
(c) Breaks up.
(d) Plays wedding receptions.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does David's father sell along with some seeds?
(a) His clothing.
(b) A plow.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rake.
5. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The general contractor.
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) The women who work there.
(d) David's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mae feel about David returning her flower?
2. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
3. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
4. Why does Mr. Williams give David money in "Chapter 8"?
5. Why does David return the flower to Aunt Mae?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)