|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the party at the factory in "Chapter 5"?
(a) David's mother.
(b) The general contractor.
(c) The women who work there.
(d) Aunt Mae.
2. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From urinating.
(b) From the grass.
(c) From spilling a drink.
(d) From falling in a puddle.
3. In "Chapter 3," what leftovers does David find in his lunch?
(d) Hush puppies.
4. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts kind.
(b) She acts indifferent.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She acts harsh.
5. Why does David quit his job at the drugstore?
(a) To start his own business.
(b) To find a girlfriend.
(c) To attend college.
(d) To take care of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3," what happens to Mrs. Watkins when she tries to knock the door down?
3. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
4. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
5. What does David suggest to Jo Lynne when she first says she is leaving?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)