|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo Lynne treat David when she says goodbye before leaving town?
(a) She acts kind.
(b) She acts indifferent.
(c) She acts harsh.
(d) She ignores him.
2. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
(a) He sat down.
(b) He is running.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is tired.
3. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(a) The preacher.
(d) Aunt Mae.
4. Why does everyone clear off the floor when Aunt Mae begins dancing in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because she says to stop the music.
(b) Because she kicks them off.
(c) Because she is dancing well.
(d) Because she is a terrible dancer.
5. Why does David visit the courthouse with Mrs. Moore?
(a) To help his father with money.
(b) To pay for Aunt Mae's ticket.
(c) To be part of a play.
(d) To speak to a judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
2. How does David's mother learn that David's father died in the war?
3. What does David ask Jo Lynne before she leaves town?
4. What does Aunt Mae pack David's lunches in?
5. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)