|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are David's pants wet in "Chapter 3"?
(a) From the grass.
(b) From urinating.
(c) From falling in a puddle.
(d) From spilling a drink.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins tell David when the ambulance takes her away after trying to break down the door?
(a) Not to tell anyone.
(b) To call her husband.
(c) That he'll be punished.
(d) That she is sorry.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(b) Because he wants to write a novel.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
4. What does Aunt Mae admit when walking home from the factory party?
(a) She should have calmed down at the party.
(b) She could be happy in the hills.
(c) She misses George.
(d) She likes dancing all night.
5. In "Chapter 3," why does Mrs. Watkins slap David?
(a) Because he burps.
(b) Because he talks back.
(c) Because his pants are wet.
(d) Because he won't stand up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jo Lynne say goodbye to David before she leaves town?
2. What does David say about his emotions when he first learns his father died?
3. What do David's former school mates with money do at their universities?
4. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
5. In "Chapter 8," why does Clyde go to Nashville?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)