|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what grade is David in?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Seventh grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
2. What does Mrs. Watkins threaten to do to David in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Hit him with a ruler.
(b) Call the authorities.
(c) Make him move all the desks.
(d) Kick him out of school.
3. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because he wants to write a novel.
(b) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(c) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
4. What is the first thing David thinks of when he hears his father died?
(a) The train.
(b) His plot of land.
(c) His fight with David's mother.
(d) His face.
5. What does David decide to do about taking his mother to an institution in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He decides to talk to Aunt Mae about it.
(b) He wants money first.
(c) He decides to ignore it.
(d) He wants to visit first.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 5," what does David realize about himself?
2. In "Chapter 8," when does Aunt Mae promise to send train tickets to David?
3. What is wrong with Aunt Mae's breakfast in "Chapter 3"?
4. How does Aunt Mae travel to Nashville?
5. Why can't David unlock the door when Mrs. Watkins demands in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)