|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," why does David stop on the way to school to write?
(a) Because someone asked him to write a song.
(b) Because he forgot his homework.
(c) Because he wants to write a note to a friend.
(d) Because he wants to write a novel.
2. What does Jo Lynne do before leaving David for good?
(a) Agrees to stay in touch.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Slaps him.
3. Why does David's father sell the seeds in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To start a new business.
(b) To make David's mother angry.
(c) For grocery money.
(d) To prove he is right.
4. Who wants to take David's mother to an institution?
(b) The preacher.
(c) Aunt Mae.
5. How does David's mother's physical appearance change in "Chapter 8"?
(a) Her hair greyed.
(b) She paints her fingernails.
(c) She is more thin.
(d) She grew a little taller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David's mother worry about his father in "Chapter 5"?
2. What color is the flower Aunt Mae packs in David's lunch?
3. What does the band that plays at the factory party do when the war is over?
4. Why does David think about the beach when he learns his father died?
5. How do the women decorate their hair for the party in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)