1. What does the train ride in "Chapter 1" remind David of?
(a) His birthday.
(b) A book he read as a child.
(c) Traveling with his father.
(d) Christmas as a child.
2. Why does David say he would stay inside and play with his train as a child?
(a) There weren't other child around.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He wanted to be near his mother.
(d) He was always in trouble.
3. What does David say made Aunt Mae stand out in his small town?
(a) The way she dressed.
(b) The way she stayed inside.
(c) The books she read.
(d) The religion she practiced.
4. Why does David say it was strange for Aunt Mae to become his best friend?
(a) Because she was hard to know.
(b) Because he was afraid of her.
(c) Because they were different.
(d) Because he rarely saw her.
5. What does David remember Bruce doing the first time they play together?
(a) Bruce threw his hat in the water.
(b) Bruce kicked him out of the house.
(c) Bruce made him eat dirt.
(d) Bruce handcuffed him to a chair.
This section contains 4,813 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)