* While riding a train, David is reminded of his childhood.
* David's Aunt Mae came to live with his family when he was young, even though she stood out in their small town.
* David admits that Mae was his best playmate and that he didn't get along with other boys.
* Aunt Mae's boyfriend ended up in prison.
* David's father loses his job and the family moves.
* David starts the first grade and his teacher dislikes him.
* David's father wants to farm the land they have, but the land is poor.
* David's mother and father get in an argument and his father hurts his mother.
* David's mother can't see a doctor because they don't have the money.
* Aunt Mae attempts to make breakfast for David, but it ends up burning.
* David gets in trouble at school for being late.
* Mrs. Watkins sends David to spend the day...
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)