• While riding a train, David is reminded of his childhood.
• David's Aunt Mae came to live with his family when he was young, even though she stood out in their small town.
• David admits that Mae was his best playmate and that he didn't get along with other boys.
• Aunt Mae's boyfriend ended up in prison.
• David's father loses his job and the family moves.
• David starts the first grade and his teacher dislikes him.
• David's father wants to farm the land they have, but the land is poor.
• David's mother and father get in an argument and his father hurts his mother.
• David's mother can't see a doctor because they don't have the money.
• Aunt Mae attempts to make breakfast for David, but it ends up burning.
• David gets in trouble at school for being late.
• Mrs. Watkins sends David to...
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)