|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ella visiting her sister in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(b) Fern Tree.
2. What does Tom reveal about Jackie Maguire's wife in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(a) She had killed her parents.
(b) She was never married to Jackie.
(c) She had been pregnant with Tom's baby when she ran away.
(d) She had left Jackie for a man in England.
3. Who is Amy walking with when Dorrigo sees her in Section 5, Chapter 9?
(a) A little boy.
(b) An older woman.
(c) A tall young man.
(d) Two little girls.
4. What year is it when Nakamura gives up his false identity in Section 4, Chapter 10?
5. What does the Goanna consider asking about as he is prepared for execution in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) His military pay.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) The forgiveness of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the charity do that Nakamura volunteers for in Section 5, Chapter 1?
2. What is Sheephead's last name?
3. What issue has developed with Jack Rainbow's leg in Section 3, Chapter 17?
4. What health problem does Dorrigo learn that Tom has recently experienced in Section 5, Chapter 8?
5. What does Rooster discover in his bag in Section 3, Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Nakamura's circumstances described in Section 4, Chapter 9? Where does he work?
2. How is the significance of Jimmy Bigelow's bugle revealed in Section 5, Chapter 14? What happens to the bugle?
3. How are Dorrigo's relationships with his wife and children described in Section 5, Chapter 6?
4. What causes Dorrigo to rush to Fern Tree in Section 5, Chapter 11?
5. How are Dorrigo's circumstances described in Section 5, Chapter 3?
6. What happens when Nakamura enters the room with the prostitute in Section 4, Chapter 2?
7. How are Nakamura's circumstances described in Section 5, Chapter 1?
8. What is discovered when Colonel Kota orders the prisoners to be counted in Section 3, Chapter 19?
9. Whom does Nakamura pay a visit to in Section 5, Chapter 2? Why?
10. How does the Goanna feel about his past actions in Section 4, Chapter 3?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)