|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nakamura living in the beginning of Section 4, Chapter 1?
2. What health problem does Dorrigo learn that Tom has recently experienced in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(a) Tom recently had a stroke.
(b) Tom was in a motorcycle accident.
(c) Tom recently had a heart attack.
(d) Tom has developed polio.
3. What song does Jimmy Bigelow play for his daughter when she asks about the war in Section 5, Chapter 14?
(a) Fatigue Call.
(b) Rally on the Chief.
(c) Last Post.
(d) Boots and Saddles.
4. Who tells Dorrigo that he must choose 100 men to send to another camp in Section 5, Chapter 16?
(a) Major Nakamura.
(b) Colonel Kota.
(c) Major Sato.
(d) Major Ishimoto.
5. What is the name of Dorrigo's and Ella's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dorrigo's behavior toward his children described in Section 5, Chapter 6?
2. What physical attribute of Ella's does Dorrigo dislike?
3. When does Dorrigo arrive home from the war in Section 4, Chapter 7?
4. Who awakens Darky when he passes out in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 14?
5. Where does Dorrigo have a speaking engagement in Section 5, Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Rooster MacNeice from speaking up for Darky in Section 3, Chapter 19?
2. What is revealed in the letter for Dorrigo from Ella in Section 5, Chapter 18?
3. How are Dorrigo's circumstances described in Section 5, Chapter 3?
4. Where is Nakamura living in the beginning of Section 4, Chapter 1? How are his circumstances described?
5. Where and how does Darky Gardiner encounter Rooster MacNeice in Section 3, Chapter 14?
6. What stops Colonel Kota from beheading Darky in Section 3, Chapter 15?
7. How does John Menadue describe his visit to Les Whittle's widow in Section 4, Chapter 11?
8. What happens when Nakamura enters the room with the prostitute in Section 4, Chapter 2?
9. How is Nakamura's death described in Section 5, Chapter 5? What final haiku has he written?
10. How are Dorrigo's relationships with his wife and children described in Section 5, Chapter 6?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)