|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prisoner that finds Darky collapsed near the camp in Section 3, Chapter 16?
2. Where is Darky Gardiner's body found in Section 3, Chapter 24?
(a) In the Japanese truck.
(b) The sanitation ditch.
(c) In the medic tent.
(d) On a church pew.
3. What health problem does Dorrigo learn that Tom has recently experienced in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(a) Tom has developed polio.
(b) Tom recently had a stroke.
(c) Tom was in a motorcycle accident.
(d) Tom recently had a heart attack.
4. What is the name of Dorrigo's and Ella's son?
5. Who awakens Darky when he passes out in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 14?
(a) Colonel Kota.
(b) Dorrigo Evans.
(c) Rooster MacNeice.
(d) Major Nakamura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Ella plans for a week's visit with her sister in Section 5, Chapter 8?
2. Who beats Darky Gardiner before sending him to the hospital in Section 3, Chapter 15?
3. Who goes to urge Darky to get up and work before the soldiers return and beat him in Section 3, Chapter 15?
4. What does Jack Rainbow's widow do with Dorrigo's delivery after he departs in Section 4, Chapter 13?
5. How does Jack's widow's second husband die, according to the narrator in Section 4, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Amy's current circumstances like in Section 5, Chapter 10?
2. What prevents Rooster MacNeice from speaking up for Darky in Section 3, Chapter 19?
3. What does Tomokawa remark about the war and the treatment of prisoners in Section 5, Chapter 5?
4. How are Dorrigo's circumstances described in Section 5, Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Dorrigo departs the home of Jack Rainbow's widow in Section 4, Chapter 13?
6. Where do Jimmy Bigelow and other former POWs go to pay homage to Darky Gardiner after the war in Section 4, Chapter 5? What do they do?
7. What stops Colonel Kota from beheading Darky in Section 3, Chapter 15?
8. What is revealed in the letter for Dorrigo from Ella in Section 5, Chapter 18?
9. How is Dorrigo's death described in Section 5, Chapter 17? Where does he die?
10. How is Nakamura's death described in Section 5, Chapter 5? What final haiku has he written?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)