|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lizard Brancussi become devastated when he calls his girlfriend after the war in Section 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Because another man answers the phone.
(b) Because he learns she has died.
(c) Because she tells him she hates him.
(d) Because she hangs up on him.
2. What does the Goanna consider asking about as he is prepared for execution in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) His military pay.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) The forgiveness of God.
3. What does Colonel Kota plan to do when he sees Darky in Section 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He plans to stab him.
(b) He plans to hang him.
(c) He plans to behead him.
(d) He plans to shoot him.
4. Where is Darky Gardiner's body found in Section 3, Chapter 24?
(a) In the medic tent.
(b) On a church pew.
(c) In the Japanese truck.
(d) The sanitation ditch.
5. What object is buried with Amy when she dies?
(a) The pearl necklace.
(b) The diamond ring.
(c) Rabbit's sketchbook.
(d) Her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Goanna long for in the moments before he dies in Section 4, Chapter 8?
2. What offense does Dorrigo accuse the Goanna of having committed in Section 3, Chapter 21?
3. What is described in the newspaper clipping enclosed in Dorrigo's letter in Section 5, Chapter 18?
4. From whom does Nakamura receive a letter in Section 5, Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the ferryman in Greek mythology that rows people across to the Underworld?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Nakamura's circumstances described in Section 5, Chapter 1?
2. What decision must Dorrigo make regarding Jack Rainbow in Section 3, Chapter 17? What does he decide?
3. Where and how does Darky Gardiner encounter Rooster MacNeice in Section 3, Chapter 14?
4. How are the lives of the POWs described after they return home from the war in Section 4, Chapter 4?
5. What stops Colonel Kota from beheading Darky in Section 3, Chapter 15?
6. How does the Goanna feel about his past actions in Section 4, Chapter 3?
7. How are Dorrigo's relationships with his wife and children described in Section 5, Chapter 6?
8. What does Tomokawa remark about the war and the treatment of prisoners in Section 5, Chapter 5?
9. What is discovered when Colonel Kota orders the prisoners to be counted in Section 3, Chapter 19?
10. How are Nakamura's circumstances described in Section 4, Chapter 9? Where does he work?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)