|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorrigo learn after talking with Amy in the end of Section 2, Chapter 26?
(a) He will be married in June.
(b) He has inherited his father's estate.
(c) He will be shipping out immediately.
(d) He is accepted to medical school.
2. What is the name of the pub where Dorrigo discovers Amy tending bar in Section 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The Green Door.
(b) The White Horse Tavern.
(c) The King of Cornwall.
(d) The Duke of Worcester.
3. What does Dorrigo awake to discover that Amy has left for him in Section 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) A note.
4. What news does Keith relate to Amy in Section 2, Chapter 27?
(a) That he is filing for divorce.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) That the war has ended.
(d) That Dorrigo was killed in a POW camp.
5. Why is Darky Gardiner beaten by the POW guard in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 4?
(a) For folding his blanket incorrectly.
(b) For attempting to escape.
(c) For smoking cigarettes.
(d) For hiding food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dorrigo attend medical school?
2. Who is the woman in bed with Dorrigo in Section 1, Chapter 6?
3. Where does Dorrigo first meet Amy in Section 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who takes the sketchbook that falls out of the fire in Section 3, Chapter 13?
5. How old is Dorrigo in Section 1, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dorrigo's familial relationship with Keith and Amy Mulvaney?
2. What does Colonel Kota remark about the act of beheading in Section 2, Chapter 16?
3. What does Dorrigo observe at the prison camp with English prisoners in Section 1 of the novel?
4. What is the "Book of Souls" that is mentioned in The Narrow Road to the Deep North?
5. In Section 1, Dorrigo recalls an interview during which a journalist asks why Japan was bombed twice. What response does Dorrigo give to the interviewer?
6. How is Rooster MacNeice's relationship with the book Mein Kampf described in Section 3, Chapter 3?
7. How are Amy's circumstances described in Section 2, Chapter 15? What internal conflicts is she grappling with?
8. What symbolic event occurs on the beach in Section 2, Chapter 17?
9. How would you describe the language style of The Narrow Road to the Deep North?
10. What are your impressions of Amy's character when she is introduced in Section 2?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)