|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorrigo do when he encounters a roadblock leading into Fern Tree in Section 5, Chapter 11?
(a) He turns around and goes home.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He drives through it.
2. How does Jack's widow's second husband die, according to the narrator in Section 4, Chapter 13?
(a) He is hit by a drunk driver.
(b) He is shot by a robber.
(c) He is killed in a tractor accident.
(d) He is hung by the state.
3. What is Nakamura's first name?
4. Where is Darky Gardiner's body found in Section 3, Chapter 24?
(a) On a church pew.
(b) In the medic tent.
(c) The sanitation ditch.
(d) In the Japanese truck.
5. What does the charity do that Nakamura volunteers for in Section 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Researches treatment for polio.
(b) Researches treatment for PTSD.
(c) Delivers meals to the elderly.
(d) Delivers medical supplies to areas in need.
6. What does the Goanna long for in the moments before he dies in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) A woman that will love him.
(b) A sensation of having done good in the world.
(c) An idea that is wholly his own.
(d) His mother.
7. What song does Jimmy Bigelow play for his daughter when she asks about the war in Section 5, Chapter 14?
(a) Last Post.
(b) Fatigue Call.
(c) Boots and Saddles.
(d) Rally on the Chief.
8. What is described as the only lie that Ella tells Dorrigo in the novel?
(a) That she had never been married before.
(b) That she inherited money from her grandmother.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That Amy's body was found after the explosion.
9. How many years has it been since Dorrigo has seen Ella when he returns home in Section 4, Chapter 7?
10. Who is the prisoner that finds Darky collapsed near the camp in Section 3, Chapter 16?
11. Where is Jimmy Bigelow when he dies in Section 5, Chapter 14?
(a) His son's house.
(b) In church.
(c) His daughter's house.
(d) A nursing home.
12. As he dies in Section 5, Chapter 17, Dorrigo utters a final sentence. What does he intend to say?
(a) Charge the windmill.
(b) Hail to the Chief.
(c) Boots and Saddles.
(d) Goodbye, my love.
13. How is Dorrigo's behavior toward his children described in Section 5, Chapter 6?
(a) He dotes on them constantly.
(b) He argues constantly with his son but adores his daughters.
(c) He has disinherited and disowned them.
(d) He loves but ignores them.
14. What year is it when Nakamura gives up his false identity in Section 4, Chapter 10?
15. What is the young Japanese prostitute referred to as in Section 4, Chapter 1?
(a) A pan pan girl.
(b) A can can girl.
(c) A Geisha.
(d) A dainty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nakamura hit the Goanna with in Section 3, Chapter 21?
2. Where does Dorrigo have a speaking engagement in Section 5, Chapter 11?
3. Where is Ella visiting her sister in Section 5, Chapter 8?
4. Who is among the witnesses against the Goanna during his trial?
5. Where does Nakamura interview for a job in Section 4, Chapter 10?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)