|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical attribute of Ella's does Dorrigo dislike?
(a) Her long chin.
(b) Her large eyes.
(c) Her upturned nose.
(d) Her thin lips.
2. How does Jack Rainbow die in Section 3, Chapter 18?
(a) He bleeds to death.
(b) He suffocates.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He overdoses on anesthesia.
3. Where is Darky Gardiner's body found in Section 3, Chapter 24?
(a) In the medic tent.
(b) On a church pew.
(c) In the Japanese truck.
(d) The sanitation ditch.
4. Who is among the witnesses against the Goanna during his trial?
(a) Ikuko Kawabata.
(b) Major Nakamura.
(c) Colonel Kota.
(d) Kameyo Sato.
5. What was the Goanna found guilty of during his trial in Section 4?
(a) Rape and murder.
(b) Acts of a traitorous nature.
(c) Murder and ill-treatment of prisoners.
(d) Stealing from the government.
6. What is the name of the nurse that Nakamura befriends in Section 4, Chapter 9?
(a) Aiko Ishimoto.
(b) Ikuko Kawabata.
(c) Kameyo Sato.
(d) Lynette Maison.
7. What issue has developed with Jack Rainbow's leg in Section 3, Chapter 17?
(a) He has developed a tumor.
(b) He has broken it.
(c) Gangrene has set in.
(d) It is covered in ringworm.
8. How many children does Jack Rainbow's widow say she and Jack had in Section 4, Chapter 12?
9. What health problem does Nakamura discover he has developed in Section 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Throat cancer.
(b) Prostate cancer.
10. Where is Ella visiting her sister in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(c) Fern Tree.
11. In Section 5, Chapter 5, Tomokawa laments that soldiers were punished as war criminals for the atrocities visited on some prisoners while the crimes against whom were ignored?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The English.
12. What is Sheephead's last name?
13. What does the charity do that Nakamura volunteers for in Section 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Researches treatment for PTSD.
(b) Delivers medical supplies to areas in need.
(c) Delivers meals to the elderly.
(d) Researches treatment for polio.
14. What are the names of Dorrigo's and Ella's daughters?
(a) Jessica and Mary.
(b) Christina and Marie.
(c) Sarah and Michelle.
(d) Andrea and Ellen.
15. According to the narrator in Section 5, Chapter 10, where was Amy when the pub exploded?
(a) In the pub's attic.
(b) In the pub's basement.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to urge Darky to get up and work before the soldiers return and beat him in Section 3, Chapter 15?
2. What does Sato say he witnessed during the war in Section 4, Chapter 9?
3. What does Rooster discover in his bag in Section 3, Chapter 25?
4. Who is the prisoner that finds Darky collapsed near the camp in Section 3, Chapter 16?
5. Where is the Goanna held before his execution in Section 4, Chapter 8?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)