|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorrigo begin his journey to visit Jack Rainbow's widow in Section 4, Chapter 11?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By horse wagon.
2. Who beats Darky Gardiner before sending him to the hospital in Section 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Colonel Kota.
(b) Major Nakamura.
(c) The Goanna.
(d) Dorrigo Evans.
3. How many prisoners are missing from the work station when the soldiers first count them in Section 3, Chapter 19?
4. What does Jack Rainbow's widow do with Dorrigo's delivery after he departs in Section 4, Chapter 13?
(a) She buries it in the yard.
(b) She puts it in the attic.
(c) She throws it into the fire.
(d) She hangs it on the wall.
5. What does Tom reveal about Jackie Maguire's wife in Section 5, Chapter 8?
(a) She had left Jackie for a man in England.
(b) She was never married to Jackie.
(c) She had been pregnant with Tom's baby when she ran away.
(d) She had killed her parents.
6. What is Sheephead's last name?
7. What does the charity do that Nakamura volunteers for in Section 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Delivers medical supplies to areas in need.
(b) Researches treatment for polio.
(c) Delivers meals to the elderly.
(d) Researches treatment for PTSD.
8. What happens to Jimmy Bigelow's bugle after he dies?
(a) It is buried with him.
(b) It is sent to Dorrigo.
(c) His daughter sells it at a yard sale.
(d) It is placed in a war museum.
9. What physical attribute of Ella's does Dorrigo dislike?
(a) Her thin lips.
(b) Her large eyes.
(c) Her upturned nose.
(d) Her long chin.
10. What word from Section 3 refers to a person who leads an austerely simple life dedicated to the pursuit of contemplative ideals?
11. Who tells Dorrigo that he must choose 100 men to send to another camp in Section 5, Chapter 16?
(a) Major Nakamura.
(b) Major Sato.
(c) Major Ishimoto.
(d) Colonel Kota.
12. What does Nakamura demand from the prostitute in Section 4, Chapter 2?
(b) Her gun.
(d) Her passport.
13. What does Sato say he witnessed during the war in Section 4, Chapter 9?
(a) He witnessed the deaths at Hiroshima.
(b) He witnessed the beheadings of one thousand prisoners.
(c) He witnessed the rise of Hitler in Germany.
(d) He witnessed a doctor performing a live dissection.
14. What issue has developed with Jack Rainbow's leg in Section 3, Chapter 17?
(a) It is covered in ringworm.
(b) He has broken it.
(c) Gangrene has set in.
(d) He has developed a tumor.
15. What song does Jimmy Bigelow play for his daughter when she asks about the war in Section 5, Chapter 14?
(a) Last Post.
(b) Boots and Saddles.
(c) Rally on the Chief.
(d) Fatigue Call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nakamura see on the table in the room with the young prostitute in Section 4, Chapter 1?
2. How does Jack Rainbow die in Section 3, Chapter 18?
3. Who interviews Nakamura for a job in Section 4, Chapter 10?
4. Who is the prisoner that finds Darky collapsed near the camp in Section 3, Chapter 16?
5. Who orders the soldiers to count the prisoners in Section 3, Chapter 19?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)