|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rouses the POW camp each morning by playing the bugle?
(a) Keith Mulvaney.
(b) Major Nakamura.
(c) Rabbit Hendricks.
(d) Jimmy Bigelow.
2. What word from Section 2 refers to a large, powerful whirlpool?
3. What is the name of the pub where Dorrigo discovers Amy tending bar in Section 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The King of Cornwall.
(b) The Green Door.
(c) The Duke of Worcester.
(d) The White Horse Tavern.
4. Where is Amy working in Section 2, Chapter 27?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The White Horse Tavern.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The King of Cornwall.
5. Who shoots the pilot in Section 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Jimmy Bigelow.
(b) Rabbit Hendricks.
(c) Rooster McNeice.
(d) Jack Rainbow.
6. What is Dorrigo's father's profession during Dorrigo's childhood?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a railway fettler.
(d) He is a butcher.
7. What part of the human anatomy does Colonel Kota always observe when he meets new people?
(a) Their head.
(b) Their shoulders.
(c) Their wrists.
(d) Their neck.
8. When is the new completion date set for the railroad in Section 2, Chapter 14?
9. In Section 1, Chapter 13, who does Dorrigo bet money on that he will make it out of the war alive?
(a) Darky Gardiner.
(b) Jack Rainbow.
(c) Jimmy Bigelow.
(d) Rabbit Hendricks.
10. What book is Rooster MacNeice memorizing in order to keep his mind sharp in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
11. How far away is the prison camp that Major Nakamura is ordered to send 100 prisoners to in Section 2, Chapter 14?
(a) 50 kilometers.
(b) 300 kilometers.
(c) 150 kilometers.
(d) 75 kilometers.
12. How many Tasmanian machine gunners are in Sergeant Darky Gardiner's group when Dorrigo encounters them in Section 1, Chapter 12?
13. Who dies, leaving Dorrigo as the commanding officer among the prisoners in Section 1, Chapter 16?
(a) Colonel Kota.
(b) Darky Gardiner.
(c) Major Nakamura.
(d) Colonel Rexroth.
14. Who is the woman that Dorrigo is in bed with when Section 1, Chapter 4 begins?
15. Where has Jackie Maguire's wife taken a train in Dorrigo's memory in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Saint Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom have Dorrigo and the others been taken prisoner in Section 1, Chapter 11?
2. Who is killed by the explosion in Section 1, Chapter 13?
3. How old is Amy in Section 2, Chapter 10?
4. Who gives new orders for the railroad to Nakamura in Section 2, Chapter 14?
5. Which of the men with Dorrigo and Darky is an artist that sketches in his sketchbook as the men await orders in Section 1, Chapter 13?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)