1. When is Dorrigo's earliest childhood memory described in Section 1, Chapter 1?
1915 or 1916.
2. What war does Dorrigo remember his brother Tom returning from in Section 1, Chapter 1?
World War I.
3. The narrator says in Section 1, Chapter 2, "A happy man has no past, while an unhappy man has" what?
4. Where has Jackie Maguire's wife taken a train in Dorrigo's memory in Section 1, Chapter 2?
5. What is Dorrigo's father's profession during Dorrigo's childhood?
He is a railway fettler.
6. What is the name of the island state where Dorrigo grows up?
7. Who wrote the poem "Ulysses" that Dorrigo describes memorizing to recite to his brother in Section 1, Chapter 2?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
This section contains 4,112 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)