|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Chapters 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the officer tell Dorrigo and his men that they will be building a railway in Section 1, Chapter 14?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) The Japanese Emperor.
(d) The King of England.
2. What word from Section 2 refers to a violent and noisy commotion or uproar?
3. Who orders the soldiers to count the prisoners in Section 3, Chapter 19?
(a) Colonel Kota.
(b) Ikuko Kawabata.
(c) Major Ishimoto.
(d) Lieutenant Fukuhara.
4. What does Dorrigo offer to take to Jack Rainbow's widow in Section 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Jack's war medals.
(b) Jack's sketchbook.
(c) Jack's military pay.
(d) Jack's letters to her.
5. Who collapses during work in Section 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Rooster MacNeice.
(b) Rabbit Hendricks.
(c) Darky Gardiner.
(d) Keith Mulvaney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella announce about Dorrigo to friends in Section 5, Chapter 6?
2. Who is the woman in bed with Dorrigo in Section 2, Chapter 5?
3. What do the former POWs do with the fish stolen from the fish shop in Section 4, Chapter 5?
4. When is Dorrigo's earliest childhood memory described in Section 1, Chapter 1?
5. Who is Amy walking with when Dorrigo sees her in Section 5, Chapter 9?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)