|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Chapters 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Dorrigo and his fellow POWs arrive in Siam in Section 1, Chapter 7?
2. What are the prisoners ordered to retrieve from the mud in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) A truck.
(b) A mule.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A tank.
3. Years after his time at the POW camp, Jimmy Bigelow always insists that his children do what a specific way?
(a) Eat their dinner.
(b) Study for tests.
(c) Fold their clothes.
(d) Take a shower.
4. What book is Rooster MacNeice memorizing in order to keep his mind sharp in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
5. What does the charity do that Nakamura volunteers for in Section 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Delivers medical supplies to areas in need.
(b) Researches treatment for polio.
(c) Delivers meals to the elderly.
(d) Researches treatment for PTSD.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Section 2, Chapter 1 begin?
2. When does Dorrigo arrive home from the war in Section 4, Chapter 7?
3. When did World War II end?
4. Who is among those cremated in Section 3, Chapter 12?
5. What is the Goanna's name revealed to be in Section 4, Chapter 3?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)