|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Japanese commander of the POW camp where Dorrigo is held in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Major Ishimoto.
(b) Major Kawabata.
(c) Major Nakamura.
(d) Major Sato.
2. Who is the translator that translates orders from Japanese to English for Dorrigo in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Colonel Kota.
(b) Lieutenant Kawabata.
(c) Lieutenant Fukuhara.
(d) Kameyo Sato.
3. What is Nakamura's first name?
4. The narrator says in Section 1, Chapter 2, "A happy man has no past, while an unhappy man has" what?
(a) No memory.
(b) Nothing else.
(c) No present.
(d) No future.
5. What does the Greek man who owns the fish shop do when the POWs go to apologize in Section 4, Chapter 6?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He sends for his lawyer.
(c) He hits them with a broom.
(d) He invites them for a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Rainbow's widow do with Dorrigo's delivery after he departs in Section 4, Chapter 13?
2. What does Nakamura hit the Goanna with in Section 3, Chapter 21?
3. How many prisoners are missing from the work station when the soldiers first count them in Section 3, Chapter 19?
4. What does Rabbit trade one of his duck eggs to Darky for in Section 3, Chapter 1?
5. Who awakens Darky when he passes out in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 14?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)