|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Chapters 1-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does Dorrigo remember his brother Tom returning from in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) World War I.
2. Whom had Dorrigo seen kissing Jackie Maguire's wife before she disappeared in Section 1, Chapter 2?
3. Which of Darky's men finds the coffee as the men await orders in Section 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Jimmy Bigelow.
(b) Rooster MacNeice.
(c) Jackie Maguire.
(d) Rabbit Hendricks.
4. What does Rabbit trade one of his duck eggs to Darky for in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) A paint brush.
(b) A Swiss Army knife.
(c) A can of condensed milk.
(d) A toothbrush.
5. What major event occurs at the end of Section 2, Chapter 27?
(a) The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor.
(b) The war ends.
(c) The pub explodes.
(d) Ella gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is among those cremated in Section 3, Chapter 12?
2. What word from Section 2 refers to a violent and noisy commotion or uproar?
3. Who collapses during work in Section 3, Chapter 10?
4. What is Gallipoli von Kessler's nickname in the novel?
5. What is the name of the pub where Dorrigo discovers Amy tending bar in Section 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)