|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Chapters 14-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dorrigo attend medical school?
(a) Washington State University.
(b) The University of Melbourne.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Oxford University.
2. The narrator says in Section 1, Chapter 2, "A happy man has no past, while an unhappy man has" what?
(a) No future.
(b) Nothing else.
(c) No memory.
(d) No present.
3. What news does Keith relate to Amy in Section 2, Chapter 27?
(a) That Dorrigo was killed in a POW camp.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) That the war has ended.
(d) That he is filing for divorce.
4. What word from Section 2 refers to a large, powerful whirlpool?
5. Who wrote the poem "Ulysses" that Dorrigo describes memorizing to recite to his brother in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) William Wordsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dorrigo's fiancee in Section 1, Chapter 5?
2. What does Dorrigo pool together his money to purchase in Section 1, Chapter 16?
3. What drug is Nakamura said to be addicted to in Section 2, Chapter 8?
4. Who shoots the pilot in Section 1, Chapter 13?
5. What does Keith reveal to Amy in Section 2, Chapter 22?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)