Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
2. Who does Ashima try to contact first after learning of Ashoke's death?
3. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
5. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
Moushumi experiences much the same cultural ambivalence as Gogol. Explain why this is so and cite scenes from the book that show this ambivalence.
Gogol's resistance to Indian traditions is a theme in this novel, but several times he return to those traditions. One time is after his father's death but there are others. Cite at least three times he returned willingly to his Indian traditions and what resulted from those choices. Do you think the author's decision to keep him coming back to those traditions helped or hindered the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
What significance does the title of this book hold? Why would the book be called this? Why would the book be called this? What does it symbolize within the novel? Please explore the meaning of the title through the character of Gogol.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)