Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
2. Who does Ashima try to contact first after learning of Ashoke's death?
3. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
5. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
Essay Topic 1
Distance is one major theme in this novel. Explore the author's use of distance in the book, both physical and emotional, and tell how and where it is found and what the author accomplishes by using this theme. Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses unexpected events to change the direction of the story. One such event is Ashoke's death, but there are others. Cite at least three other examples of other such events and tell how they change the direction of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses Gogol's romantic relationships to explore different aspects of his character. Follow the development of Gogol's romantic life throughout the book and examine Gogol's character in each relationship. Cite examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)