Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
2. Who does Ashima try to contact first after learning of Ashoke's death?
3. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
5. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
Essay Topic 1
Ashoke's near-death experience is a theme of the novel. Describe this experience and how it affects his later decisions in life. Tell how those decisions affect the lives of the people close to him. Cite scenes or situations in the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Distance is one major theme in this novel. Explore the author's use of distance in the book, both physical and emotional, and tell how and where it is found and what the author accomplishes by using this theme. Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
This book is the story of the lives of the Ganguli family that are both intertwined and separate. Tell how each family member's story is affected and changed by the actions of other members of the family. Explain how these interactions changes the outcome of the story.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)