|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does conversation at a party attended by Gogol and Moushumi at the home of a friend come around to the subject of names?
(a) Moushumi offers that she kept her maiden name when she married.
(b) They ask about Gogol and Moushumi's names.
(c) A couple is about to have a baby and is thinking about names.
(d) They discover Gogol legally changed his name.
2. How does Gogol meet Maxine?
(a) Coworkers invite him to a party she also attends.
(b) She sees him and is interested and arranges a meeting.
(c) His parents arrange a meeting because he's old enough to marry.
(d) He bumps into her on the sidewalk and they laugh about it.
3. What fact delights Moushumi as she begins her eighth semester at NYU?
(a) She prefers her classmates over everyone else she'd ever met.
(b) She's welcomed back by everyone she meets.
(c) She will never again in her life take a class.
(d) She's at the top of her class.
4. Why can't Ashima get hold of Gogol to tell him of his father's death?
(a) The phone lines are down.
(b) Gogol is out of town and no one knows where he is.
(c) Maxine doesn't like Gogol talking to his family, so he doesn't.
(d) Gogol doesn't return his mother's phone calls.
5. Who does Ashima try to contact first after learning of Ashoke's death?
(a) Her family in India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
2. What had Moushumi's family done to find her a husband?
3. What kind of daily routine do Gogol and Maxine follow at the summer home in New Hampshire?
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
5. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)