|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ashima feel about Gogol having a girlfriend?
(a) She hopes he doesn't find a girlfriend because then he won't come home.
(b) She is quietly concerned and hopeful.
(c) She sees it as fate that eventually he will marry and leave her.
(d) She hopes he can find happiness as great as hers was.
2. What does Gogol ask Moushumi at the end of their first date?
(a) Is she as lonely as he is?
(b) Should they make their parents happy and see each other again?
(c) How soon can he see her again?
(d) Was the date the disaster each expected?
3. What does a waiter think when he sees Gogol and Moushumi together?
(a) That they are brother and sister.
(b) That they must be in love.
(c) That they must share a similar heritage.
(d) That they seem unhappy.
4. What about New York City interests Gogol's parents?
(a) The fact that it isn't as crowded as Calcutta.
(b) Nothing, they avoided going there.
(c) Friends and places to buy Indian groceries and saris.
(d) The cultural life of the city.
5. Where had Moushumi been at the time of Ashoke's funeral?
(a) At Brown University studying for her Ph.D.
(b) Traveling extensively, something she'd always wanted to do.
(c) In Paris.
(d) She was on an extended visit to India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gogol do after window shopping with Moushumi?
2. How does Gogol feel when he and Moushumi return from Paris to America and attend parties?
3. What does Maxine tell Gogol to do while in Ohio that he doesn't do after all?
4. Who wants to introduce Gogol to a girl he used to know as a child?
5. How does Ashima learn that her husband has died?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)