|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gogol do after window shopping with Moushumi?
(a) He rushes home because he has work that's waiting.
(b) He buys a hat for her that she'd admired.
(c) He goes to a bar and has a quick drink.
(d) He drops her off at her apartment then goes home.
2. What happened to one of the administrative assistants at NYU?
(a) She had an aneurysm and died.
(b) She was caught pilfering money.
(c) She was turned down for pregnancy leave.
(d) She was fired.
3. What does the Ganguli family do on the eleventh day after Ashoke's death?
(a) They invite friends to mark the end of the mourning period.
(b) They return to India with Ashoke's ashes.
(c) They dab themselves with mud and ashes for mourning.
(d) They ask them if there is anything of Ashoke's that they can use.
4. What does Moushumi do with Dimitri's resume?
(a) She makes a Xerox copy of it.
(b) She gives it to a professor with a strong recommendation.
(c) She tears it into a hundred tiny pieces.
(d) She takes it home to show Gogol.
5. How does Gogol receive news of his father's death?
(a) The police are dispatched because he can't be found.
(b) He calls his mother to chat minutes after she received the news.
(c) His sister Sonia calls him at Maxine's home.
(d) Maxine's parents speak with Ashima then tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Ganguli children help their mother after their father's death?
2. What does the Ratliff's move to New Hampshire every year remind Gogol of?
3. What happens while Moushumi and Gogol make love for the first time?
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
5. Why does Gogol bring Maxine to his parents home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Gogol and Mushumi marry immediately after meeting?
2. What call does Ashima get while working on the Christmas cards?
3. What happens when Gogol takes Maxine to meet his family?
4. After Gogol breaks off his relationship with Maxine, who does his mother introduce him to?
5. What do the Ratliffs do for Gogol in New Hampshire?
6. Why does Ashima not fight her childrens' desires to live far away?
7. Why doesn't Gogol know immediately of his father's death?
8. What does Gogol do after graduating from college?
9. What happens the day after Gogol meets a girl named Maxine?
10. How does Gogol feel about Maxine's family?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)