|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Moushumi live while growing up?
(a) They traveled the world during her childhood.
(b) In England and America.
(c) In India and America.
(d) They always lived in America.
2. How has Dimitri changed since Moushumi first met him?
(a) She doesn't see any changes at all.
(b) Unlike when they first met, he's attentive.
(c) Some gray has come into his hair and some lines are around his mouth and eyes.
(d) He's finally achieved the self-confidence he always wanted.
3. Where had Moushumi been at the time of Ashoke's funeral?
(a) At Brown University studying for her Ph.D.
(b) Traveling extensively, something she'd always wanted to do.
(c) In Paris.
(d) She was on an extended visit to India.
4. What does Gogol remember while returning to New York City after his father's death?
(a) How much in love his parents were.
(b) How his father used to take him for ice cream.
(c) The day he spent with his father at the beach.
(d) How much he hates train rides.
5. What kind of wedding do Gogol and Moushumi decide on?
(a) A typical American wedding like their friends have had.
(b) They marry in the courthouse during their lunch hour.
(c) A traditional Indian wedding with some differences.
(d) A small wedding at Moushumi's family home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Gogol fall in love with when he falls in love with Maxine?
2. What does Gogol do as soon as he gets the news of his father's death?
3. How does Gogol feel about Maxine's actions the day after they meet?
4. What happens while Moushumi and Gogol make love for the first time?
5. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ashima do by herself with her husband in Ohio?
2. Do Gogol and Mushumi marry immediately after meeting?
3. What does Gogol do after graduating from college?
4. What call does Ashima get while working on the Christmas cards?
5. What does Moushumi reveal about her past that she finds humiliating?
6. What does Gogol do for Moushumi's Christmas gift?
7. What does Gogol do when he learns of his father's death?
8. How does Gogol finally learn about his father's death?
9. When bothers Gogol after he and Moushumi return to New York after a trip to Paris?
10. What happens when Gogol takes Maxine to meet his family?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)