|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Moushumi live while growing up?
(a) In India and America.
(b) In England and America.
(c) They traveled the world during her childhood.
(d) They always lived in America.
2. What do Moushumi and Gogol talk about on their first date?
(a) Their careers and their educations.
(b) Times growing up that they were together.
(c) How much they both hated their family's traditions.
(d) Mutual friends.
3. How had Moushumi become engaged before meeting Gogol?
(a) They'd realized they couldn't continue on as they were doing and just decided to marry.
(b) She'd asked her lover to marry her and he'd accepted.
(c) Graham had gotten on his knees and proposed just like in the movies.
(d) Her parents arranged the marriage.
4. What kind of wedding do Gogol and Moushumi decide on?
(a) A traditional Indian wedding with some differences.
(b) A small wedding at Moushumi's family home.
(c) They marry in the courthouse during their lunch hour.
(d) A typical American wedding like their friends have had.
5. How do the Ganguli children help their mother after their father's death?
(a) Gogol hates returning home, but Sonia makes up for his lack.
(b) They work out a schedule and each takes turns helping her.
(c) Sonia moves in with her while Gogol visits often.
(d) Sonia isn't able to help but Gogol helps a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Ganguli family do on the eleventh day after Ashoke's death?
2. What does Gogol remember in the days after his first date with Moushumi?
3. What does Ashoke tell Ashima is the reason he's in the hospital?
4. What kind of part-time job does Ashima get in chapter 7?
5. What does Gogol do as soon as he gets the news of his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gogol plan to present Moushumi with the tickets?
2. What kind of wedding do Gogol and Moushumi have?
3. What happens when Gogol takes Maxine to meet his family?
4. What does Moushumi do while married to Gogol and feeling discontented with life?
5. What do Gogol and Moushumi have in common when they first meet?
6. What do the Ratliffs do for Gogol in New Hampshire?
7. What does Moushumi reveal about her past that she finds humiliating?
8. What call does Ashima get while working on the Christmas cards?
9. Why does Gogol agree to visit his family when he'd rather go to New Hampshire with Maxine's family?
10. How do Gogol and Mushumi react to one another after all this time?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)