|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of their Indian friends give the couple as wedding presents?
(a) Useful household items.
(b) A wide assortment of upscale gifts.
(c) Gifts of money.
(d) Incense and other reminders of their Indian heritage.
2. Who wants to introduce Gogol to a girl he used to know as a child?
(a) His coworkers who met her recently at a party.
(b) His sister Sonia.
(c) A neighbor who knew them both as a child.
(d) His mother Ashima.
3. What does Gogol do as soon as he gets the news of his father's death?
(a) He flies to Ohio to take care of things.
(b) He tries and fails to get time off from work.
(c) He rushes home to comfort his mother.
(d) He tells Sonia he can't get away and asks her to take care of things.
4. What does Gogol ask Moushumi at the end of their first date?
(a) How soon can he see her again?
(b) Was the date the disaster each expected?
(c) Should they make their parents happy and see each other again?
(d) Is she as lonely as he is?
5. What kind of wedding do Gogol and Moushumi decide on?
(a) A traditional Indian wedding with some differences.
(b) A small wedding at Moushumi's family home.
(c) They marry in the courthouse during their lunch hour.
(d) A typical American wedding like their friends have had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Moushumi and Gogol make love for the first time?
2. How does Ashima feel about Gogol's living with Maxine?
3. What does Gogol get Moushumi as a Christmas gift?
4. How has Dimitri changed since Moushumi first met him?
5. How does Gogol receive news of his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moushumi do while married to Gogol and feeling discontented with life?
2. What happens the day after Gogol meets a girl named Maxine?
3. Why does Ashima not fight her childrens' desires to live far away?
4. What call does Ashima get while working on the Christmas cards?
5. What do Gogol and Moushumi have in common when they first meet?
6. What does Gogol do after graduating from college?
7. How do Gogol and Mushumi react to one another after all this time?
8. How does Gogol feel about Maxine's family?
9. After Gogol breaks off his relationship with Maxine, who does his mother introduce him to?
10. What does Ashima do by herself with her husband in Ohio?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)