|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
(a) She gets to know her neighbors better.
(b) She sits in the dark and misses her husband.
(c) She makes her own Christmas cards.
(d) She hires a maid just to have someone around.
2. How does Gogol feel about his frequent visits to Maxine's home?
(a) He feels like he doesn't belong and never will.
(b) He feels like they are only pretending to like him.
(c) He feels like he's effortlessly incorporated into their lives.
(d) He is uncomfortable with their overly friendly attitude towards him.
3. Why is it important to Moushumi to know that she is still capable of living on her own?
(a) Because she's not completely comfortable in her marriage.
(b) Because her mother still does not know how to drive.
(c) Because she wants to be like other American women.
(d) Because being dependent makes her feel claustrophobic.
4. Why does Ashima insist Gogol come home for a visit?
(a) Because he's drifting farther and farther away from his roots.
(b) Because Ashoke is leaving for a project in Ohio.
(c) Because she wants him to meet Sonia's new boyfriend.
(d) Because she hasn't seen him and misses him.
5. What does Gogol get Moushumi as a Christmas gift?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) An expensive silk scarf she's admired.
(c) A set of encyclopedias.
(d) A weekend at a spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
2. What unexpected effect does the wedding have on Gogol and Moushumi?
3. What about New York City interests Gogol's parents?
4. Where do Moushumi and Dimitri first meet for lunch?
5. How does Ashima feel about Gogol having a girlfriend?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)