|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Moushumi walk out of a hair salon?
(a) The stylist didn't know how to do the style she wanted.
(b) She'd been told immigrants weren't welcome.
(c) A person she disliked was already there having her hair done.
(d) Something about the stylist's expression had felt insulting.
2. What kind of daily routine do Gogol and Maxine follow at the summer home in New Hampshire?
(a) They follow the routine set by Maxine's parents.
(b) They go swimming every morning early, before dawn.
(c) There is no routine, each day is strikingly different from all others.
(d) The days assume a pattern though there's nothing in particular to do.
3. Who or what does Gogol fall in love with when he falls in love with Maxine?
(a) Her dog Silas.
(b) Her entire family and their lifestyle.
(c) Her taste in houses because he's an architect.
(d) Her friends because they are so like Maxine.
4. Was Moushumi's fiance comfortable with her Indian heritage?
(a) He wouldn't have anything to do with foreign customs.
(b) He seemed to be while he was in India visiting her relatives.
(c) He loved the customs of her people.
(d) He was wary of her heritage from the start and said so.
5. What does Gogol do after window shopping with Moushumi?
(a) He drops her off at her apartment then goes home.
(b) He goes to a bar and has a quick drink.
(c) He buys a hat for her that she'd admired.
(d) He rushes home because he has work that's waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine notice about Gogol when he plays with her dog?
2. How has Dimitri changed since Moushumi first met him?
3. How does Gogol feel about his frequent visits to Maxine's home?
4. How do Gogol and Moushumi dress for their wedding reception?
5. How does Gogol meet Maxine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What call does Ashima get while working on the Christmas cards?
2. What happens when Gogol takes Maxine to meet his family?
3. What does Gogol do after graduating from college?
4. Do Gogol and Mushumi marry immediately after meeting?
5. After Gogol breaks off his relationship with Maxine, who does his mother introduce him to?
6. Why doesn't Gogol know immediately of his father's death?
7. What does Gogol do for Moushumi's Christmas gift?
8. What does Gogol do when he learns of his father's death?
9. How does Gogol finally learn about his father's death?
10. What do Moushumi and Dimitri do when they meet?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)