|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moushumi tell friends her name means?
(a) A damp, southwesterly breeze.
(b) A woman of mystery and night.
(c) A jewel of great price.
(d) A dark-haired beauty.
2. What does Maxine tell Gogol to do while in Ohio that he doesn't do after all?
(a) Get out of the apartment and check into a hotel.
(b) Take any leftover clothing to Good Will.
(c) Pick out some mememtos for himself.
(d) Spend some time remembering good times with his father.
3. What fact delights Moushumi as she begins her eighth semester at NYU?
(a) She's at the top of her class.
(b) She will never again in her life take a class.
(c) She's welcomed back by everyone she meets.
(d) She prefers her classmates over everyone else she'd ever met.
4. How do Gogol and Moushumi dress for their wedding reception?
(a) They wear formal Western clothes.
(b) They revert to traditional Indian dress.
(c) They dress for warm weather for their honeymoon.
(d) They are comfortable in casual clothes.
5. How do the Ganguli children help their mother after their father's death?
(a) Sonia isn't able to help but Gogol helps a lot.
(b) Sonia moves in with her while Gogol visits often.
(c) Gogol hates returning home, but Sonia makes up for his lack.
(d) They work out a schedule and each takes turns helping her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gogol receive news of his father's death?
2. What does Maxine notice about Gogol when he plays with her dog?
3. What kind of part-time job does Ashima get in chapter 7?
4. Was Moushumi's fiance comfortable with her Indian heritage?
5. What does Moushumi do with Dimitri's resume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gogol takes Maxine to meet his family?
2. What does Gogol do when he learns of his father's death?
3. How does Gogol finally learn about his father's death?
4. How does Gogol plan to present Moushumi with the tickets?
5. Why does Gogol agree to visit his family when he'd rather go to New Hampshire with Maxine's family?
6. How do Gogol and Mushumi react to one another after all this time?
7. What does Gogol do for Moushumi's Christmas gift?
8. What does Moushumi reveal about her past that she finds humiliating?
9. After Gogol breaks off his relationship with Maxine, who does his mother introduce him to?
10. What do Gogol and Moushumi have in common when they first meet?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)