Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
(a) No matter what the name, it eventually seems to suit.
(b) There is no perfect name.
(c) They wish their culture had as beautiful names as Indian ones.
(d) They will wait until the child is born and then decide.
2. Who does Ashima try to contact first after learning of Ashoke's death?
(c) Her family in India.
3. What does Moushumi wear for her wedding?
(a) A white flowing wedding dress.
(b) A traditional Indian sari.
(c) She wears a suit because she must return to work shortly.
(d) A dress chosen for her by her family as tradition decrees.
4. Why doesn't Gogol enjoy the trip to Paris with Moushumi as much as he expected?
(a) He doesn't like the French culture.
(b) He misses his work and feels useless.
(c) He feels left out of Moushumi's circle of friends.
(d) He worries about his mother alone and a widow.
5. What does Ashima do before Christmas while Ashoke is in Ohio?
(a) She sits in the dark and misses her husband.
(b) She gets to know her neighbors better.
(c) She makes her own Christmas cards.
(d) She hires a maid just to have someone around.
6. How does Gogol meet Maxine?
(a) His parents arrange a meeting because he's old enough to marry.
(b) Coworkers invite him to a party she also attends.
(c) He bumps into her on the sidewalk and they laugh about it.
(d) She sees him and is interested and arranges a meeting.
7. Why did Moushumi walk out of a hair salon?
(a) Something about the stylist's expression had felt insulting.
(b) She'd been told immigrants weren't welcome.
(c) The stylist didn't know how to do the style she wanted.
(d) A person she disliked was already there having her hair done.
8. What does Maxine notice about Gogol when he plays with her dog?
(a) That he's intrigued by Silas.
(b) That he's afraid of dogs.
(c) That he's never had a dog.
(d) That he doesn't know how to throw a ball to a dog.
9. What catches Moushumi's eye as she goes through Alice's desk?
(a) A list of applicants Alice didn't finish going through.
(b) A confused and confusing personal letter to Alices' husband.
(c) A sender's name typed on the upper left corner of a letter.
(d) A schedule for Moushumi's classes.
10. What book does Moushumi look for that was inscribed for her by Dimitri?
(a) A volume of love poems.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Shakespeare's poems.
(d) The Red and the Black.
11. What do Moushumi and Gogol talk about on their first date?
(a) Mutual friends.
(b) Times growing up that they were together.
(c) Their careers and their educations.
(d) How much they both hated their family's traditions.
12. Where did Moushumi live while growing up?
(a) In England and America.
(b) They traveled the world during her childhood.
(c) In India and America.
(d) They always lived in America.
13. What kind of wedding do Gogol and Moushumi decide on?
(a) A traditional Indian wedding with some differences.
(b) They marry in the courthouse during their lunch hour.
(c) A small wedding at Moushumi's family home.
(d) A typical American wedding like their friends have had.
14. Was Moushumi's fiance comfortable with her Indian heritage?
(a) He wouldn't have anything to do with foreign customs.
(b) He loved the customs of her people.
(c) He seemed to be while he was in India visiting her relatives.
(d) He was wary of her heritage from the start and said so.
15. How does Gogol feel about Maxine's actions the day after they meet?
(a) He is taken aback by her boldness.
(b) He is curious because he's never met someone so shy.
(c) He wishes she'd leave him alone.
(d) He is flattered by the boldness of her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Ganguli family friends react to the news of Ashoke's death?
2. Why does Ashima insist Gogol come home for a visit?
3. What kind of daily routine do Gogol and Maxine follow at the summer home in New Hampshire?
4. What does Gogol do as soon as he gets the news of his father's death?
5. What happened to Gogol's relationship with Maxine after his father died?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)