Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is Ashima afraid while in labor?
Ashima is not surrounded by family and friends during labor.
2. What is Ashima doing when her water breaks?
Ashima is making herself a midnight snack.
3. Who befriends Ashima at the hospital and how?
A kind nurse helps Ashima through labor.
4. What does Ashima think about while in labor?
Ashima thinks back upon the time she met her husband while still living in India.
5. What does Ashoke think about while Ashima is in labor?
Ashoke thinks back to an earlier time in his life when a book by a Russian author saved his life.
6. What did Ashoke swear to do during his long recovery from the injuries he received during a train wreck when he was a young man?
Ashoke swore to travel the world and not to let anyone stop him.
This section contains 1,677 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)