Short Answer Questions Key
1. What does Ashima try to make for a midnight snack?
A concoction sold for pennies in Calcutta
2. Why is Ashima embarrassed to wear a hospital gown?
It only comes to her knees.
3. Where do women in India go to have babies?
Home to their family.
4. What place does Ashima recall while in labor?
Her childhood home in India.
5. What terrifies Ashima about having a child?
Raising it in a place so far from home.
This section contains 8,127 words
(approx. 28 pages at 300 words per page)