Short Answer Key
1. What does Ashima try to make for a midnight snack?
A concoction sold for pennies in Calcutta
2. Why is Ashima embarrassed to wear a hospital gown?
It only comes to her knees.
3. Where do women in India go to have babies?
Home to their family.
4. What place does Ashima recall while in labor?
Her childhood home in India.
5. What terrifies Ashima about having a child?
Raising it in a place so far from home.
6. What error in speech does Ashima make when talking with the nurse?
She forgets to use the plural when mentioning toes and fingers.
7. What did Ashima do upon first meeting Ashoke when he visited her family home in India?
She impulsively stepped into the strange American shoes at the door.
8. What does Ashoke do that reminds Ashima of the time he visited her parents'...
This section contains 3,437 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)