|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Moushumi walk out of a hair salon?
(a) The stylist didn't know how to do the style she wanted.
(b) She'd been told immigrants weren't welcome.
(c) Something about the stylist's expression had felt insulting.
(d) A person she disliked was already there having her hair done.
2. What do the Gangulis do with their home while they are in India?
(a) The sell it, figuring to buy another, nicer home when they return.
(b) Rent it to an unmarried couple, students at the university.
(c) Pay a company to check on it every so often.
(d) Turn off the utilities and lock the doors.
3. Why is Ashima embarrassed to wear a hospital gown?
(a) It's ugly.
(b) She hates white.
(c) It only comes to her knees.
(d) The back is open.
4. What does Moushumi do with Dimitri's resume?
(a) She tears it into a hundred tiny pieces.
(b) She takes it home to show Gogol.
(c) She makes a Xerox copy of it.
(d) She gives it to a professor with a strong recommendation.
5. What does Gogol think when his parents tell him they are going to India for eight months?
(a) That they are joking.
(b) That they think he's become too American.
(c) That they are doing it only to acquaint him and Sonia with India.
(d) That they are homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Moushumi and Gogol meet for their first date?
2. How does Ashima learn about Maxine?
3. How does Gogol feel after leaving the courthouse with a changed name?
4. Who or what does Gogol fall in love with when he falls in love with Maxine?
5. What do Gogol/Nakhil's parents think about his relationship with Ruth?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)