|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the plane, why is Gogol happy to sit apart from his parents?
(a) He isn't happy, he's secretly afraid.
(b) He's glad because Sonia irritates him with her questions.
(c) Because he thinks no one will know they are related to him.
(d) Because he enjoys being on his own.
2. Why does Gogol bring Maxine to his parents home?
(a) Because Maxine is curious about how people from India live.
(b) Maxine wants to meet Gogol's parents.
(c) Gogol knows his mother won't rest until she meets Maxine.
(d) It's on their way to New Hampshire.
3. What bad news does Ashima receive from her family in India soon after Gogol's birth?
(a) Their home was flooded and suffered extensive damage.
(b) Her father has lost his job.
(c) Her grandmother has had a stroke.
(d) Her little brother's wedding has been called off.
4. Who wants to introduce Gogol to a girl he used to know as a child?
(a) His coworkers who met her recently at a party.
(b) His sister Sonia.
(c) A neighbor who knew them both as a child.
(d) His mother Ashima.
5. Who or what does Gogol fall in love with when he falls in love with Maxine?
(a) Her entire family and their lifestyle.
(b) Her friends because they are so like Maxine.
(c) Her dog Silas.
(d) Her taste in houses because he's an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashoke remember when he and Ashima bring Gogol home?
2. What difference does Ashima notice in her days before and after Gogol's birth?
3. Where does Gogol first begin to introduce himself to people as Nikhil?
4. Why doesn't Gogol want to go to school when he begins Kindergarten?
5. What happens while Moushumi and Gogol make love for the first time?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)