|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ashima react to Gogol's time in pre-school?
(a) She is despondent, unused to being alone all over again.
(b) She finds herself at long last with time for herself.
(c) She is concerned that he will forget his Indian heritage.
(d) She wishes she could learn alongside him.
2. How do Gogol and his friends celebrate his fourteenth birthday party?
(a) They go to a pizza parlor where they play video games.
(b) They go swimming at a nearby pool.
(c) They got to a baseball game and have pizza afterwards.
(d) They have pizzas and watched a baseball game on TV.
3. Where do women in India go to have babies?
(a) The maternity ward in a hospital.
(b) They stay home and have help from their mother-in-law.
(c) Home to their family.
(d) An obstetrical clinic.
4. What two kinds of parties does Gogol have for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) One on his actual birthday, another on the weekend when it's convenient.
(b) One with family and one with school friends.
(c) One at home and one at a pizza parlor.
(d) One with friends from school and one with Indian friends of his family.
5. What does Ashoke do while pacing in the mens' waiting room at the hospital?
(a) He drags his fingers through his hair.
(b) He carries flowers he has bought for Ashima.
(c) He tries to calm down the other expectant fathers.
(d) He reads the Globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Gangulis do with their home while they are in India?
2. What does the man who lends Ashoke the book on the train tell him that he should do?
3. What's the first thing that causes Ashima and Ashoke to suspect she's pregnant?
4. How do Ashoke and Ashima give in to American customs?
5. Why is the principal confused about Gogol's name?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)