|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Moushumi and Gogol doing when he kisses her in her apartment?
(b) Grading papers for Moushumi's classes.
(c) Talking about shared childhood memories.
(d) Watching television.
2. What appearance does the Ganguli home present to a casual observer?
(a) Their home is painted an unusual color for the neighborhood.
(b) Their home is typical of people who don't know how to decorate an American house.
(c) Their home is clearly the home of immigrants.
(d) Their home appears no different from their neighbors.
3. What happened to one of the administrative assistants at NYU?
(a) She was caught pilfering money.
(b) She was turned down for pregnancy leave.
(c) She had an aneurysm and died.
(d) She was fired.
4. What does Ashoke remember when he and Ashima bring Gogol home?
(a) The conversation on the train before the train wreck.
(b) How beautiful Ashima had been when they first met.
(c) That he has a meeting and must soon leave for a while.
(d) That he'd not wanted children so soon.
5. How many people come to Sonia's rice ceremony when she's six months old?
(a) The whole neighborhood, including their American friends.
(b) So many that the Gangulis rent a building on campus.
(c) Just a handful but they are good friends of the family.
(d) Practically none because they have few Indian neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Gogol and Moushumi dress for their wedding reception?
2. Why did Moushumi walk out of a hair salon?
3. How does Gogol feel when he and Moushumi return from Paris to America and attend parties?
4. How does Gogol receive news of his father's death?
5. What changes about the planned visit to India when Gogol is about a year old?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)