|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gogol feel about his frequent visits to Maxine's home?
(a) He feels like he doesn't belong and never will.
(b) He feels like he's effortlessly incorporated into their lives.
(c) He is uncomfortable with their overly friendly attitude towards him.
(d) He feels like they are only pretending to like him.
2. How is the Ratliff's house in New Hampshire different from the one in New York City?
(a) It's the complete opposite, dark, musty and full of primitive furniture.
(b) It's a typical summer home with no personality at all.
(c) It's not, it's very similar, showing their taste in every piece of furniture.
(d) The windows are always open, unlike in New York City.
3. What do Moushumi's friends decide about names?
(a) They wish their culture had as beautiful names as Indian ones.
(b) There is no perfect name.
(c) No matter what the name, it eventually seems to suit.
(d) They will wait until the child is born and then decide.
4. How does conversation at a party attended by Gogol and Moushumi at the home of a friend come around to the subject of names?
(a) They discover Gogol legally changed his name.
(b) They ask about Gogol and Moushumi's names.
(c) A couple is about to have a baby and is thinking about names.
(d) Moushumi offers that she kept her maiden name when she married.
5. What about New York City interests Gogol's parents?
(a) Nothing, they avoided going there.
(b) The fact that it isn't as crowded as Calcutta.
(c) The cultural life of the city.
(d) Friends and places to buy Indian groceries and saris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ashoke's career advance in Chapter 3?
2. What do most of their Indian friends give the couple as wedding presents?
3. Why do Moushumi and Gogol go to Paris after they are married?
4. What does Maxine notice about Gogol when he plays with her dog?
5. What kind of daily routine do Gogol and Maxine follow at the summer home in New Hampshire?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)