|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ashima learn about Maxine?
(a) She corners Gogol and forces him to tell her.
(b) Gogol tells her he's going on vacation to Maxine's New Hampshire home.
(c) Maxine invites her to a party.
(d) Ashima asks Gogol's friends.
2. What do Moushumi and Gogol do during their free time after they are husband and wife?
(a) They shop for items for their apartment.
(b) They take night classes to keep their licenses current.
(c) They spend time at the beach with their friends.
(d) They visit their families.
3. What do most of their Indian friends give the couple as wedding presents?
(a) Gifts of money.
(b) Incense and other reminders of their Indian heritage.
(c) Useful household items.
(d) A wide assortment of upscale gifts.
4. How do Maxine's parents react to Gogol when he meets them?
(a) They are too polite to say so but they dislike him.
(b) They are intrigued by him.
(c) They don't react any way, he's just another of Maxine's friends.
(d) They think he looks like a recent immigrant from India.
5. What embarrasses Gogol about the meal his mother has prepared for his and Maxine's visit?
(a) It's too spicy; Maxine doesn't like spicy food.
(b) There is too much food and it's too rich for the warm weather.
(c) It's not the kind of food Maxine is used to.
(d) His mother didn't care enough to prepare a nice meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gogol feel about his frequent visits to Maxine's home?
2. How does Ashima react to Gogol's time in pre-school?
3. Why doesn't Gogol want to go to school when he begins Kindergarten?
4. How does Gogol meet Maxine?
5. Why is the principal confused about Gogol's name?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)