1. What does Ashima try to make for a midnight snack?
(a) A concoction sold for pennies in Calcutta
(b) Rice Krispies bars
(c) Ice cream
(d) Pickles, because she's pregnant
2. Why is Ashima embarrassed to wear a hospital gown?
(a) The back is open.
(b) It's ugly.
(c) It only comes to her knees.
(d) She hates white.
3. Where do women in India go to have babies?
(a) Home to their family.
(b) An obstetrical clinic.
(c) They stay home and have help from their mother-in-law.
(d) The maternity ward in a hospital.
4. What place does Ashima recall while in labor?
(a) No place, she's totally involved in her present situation.
(b) The lake she once visited as a child.
(c) The apartment she shares with her husband.
(d) Her childhood home in India.
5. What terrifies Ashima about having a child?
(a) Raising it in a place so far from home.
(b) The difficulty of getting her figure back afterwards.
(c) Caring for a child with an absent husband.
(d) The pain of childbirth.
This section contains 8,127 words
(approx. 28 pages at 300 words per page)