1. What does Ashima try to make for a midnight snack?
(a) Ice cream
(b) A concoction sold for pennies in Calcutta
(c) Rice Krispies bars
(d) Pickles, because she's pregnant
2. Why is Ashima embarrassed to wear a hospital gown?
(a) She hates white.
(b) It only comes to her knees.
(c) It's ugly.
(d) The back is open.
3. Where do women in India go to have babies?
(a) Home to their family.
(b) An obstetrical clinic.
(c) They stay home and have help from their mother-in-law.
(d) The maternity ward in a hospital.
4. What place does Ashima recall while in labor?
(a) Her childhood home in India.
(b) The apartment she shares with her husband.
(c) No place, she's totally involved in her present situation.
(d) The lake she once visited as a child.
5. What terrifies Ashima about having a child?
(a) The pain of childbirth.
(b) Caring for a child with an absent husband.
(c) Raising it in a place so far from home.
(d) The difficulty of getting her figure back afterwards.
This section contains 8,127 words
(approx. 28 pages at 300 words per page)