|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
2. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
(a) Three women.
(b) A group of thirty.
(c) Two women and a man.
(d) Five men and women.
3. Why does Eliades say he wants to have dinner with James in Chapter 10?
(a) To look into a job at the Northeast Group.
(b) To inquire after the Maitlands.
(c) To discuss politics.
(d) To see how his Greek is doing.
4. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(c) Talking to Tap on the phone.
(d) Having lunch.
5. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Hardeman has died.
(b) Charles has a new job.
(c) She is leaving Greece.
(d) Her son is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
2. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
3. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
4. In discussing the methodology of the cult in Chapter 9, what does Andahl insist the cultists are not?
5. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Chapter 14 from the rest of the novel?
2. What does Singh say about the desert in Chapter 12?
3. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
5. How does Owen experience the murder in Chapter 12?
6. How does DeLillo illustrate James' awkward relationship with his landlord in Chapter 10?
7. What point about the murders does Andahl make in Chapter 9?
8. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
9. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
10. How does James follow up on his Mani discovery later in Chapter 8?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)