|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
(a) Tap keeps interrupting him.
(b) The patrons refuse to talk to him.
(c) The door to the tavern is closed.
(d) His Greek is not good enough.
2. Whom does James tell he is resigning in Chapter 13?
(d) Mrs. Helen.
3. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
4. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(a) Bhajan Lal.
5. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
(a) Two women and a man.
(b) Five men and women.
(c) A group of thirty.
(d) Three women.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does James decide his son's life in British Columbia must be?
2. Who is Andahl?
3. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
5. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Rowser in Chapter 11, what changes are happening in the Northeast Group.
2. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
3. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
4. How does Owen look in Chapter 12?
5. How does James find a new sense of comfortable stasis at the end of the novel?
6. What is different about Chapter 14 from the rest of the novel?
7. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
8. What prank do the Kellers and James try to play on Hardeman in Chapter 11?
9. What unsettling information does Ann Maitland tell James in Chapter 10?
10. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)