|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) An equinox.
(b) Aurora Borealis.
(c) A solar eclipse.
(d) A harvest moon.
2. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) The clear blue sky.
(b) His shoes.
3. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His family.
(b) His sexuality.
(c) His politics.
(d) His work.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10, David Keller cannot understand why he misses what?
(a) The dangerous countries he visits.
(b) His college days.
(c) Casual business acquaintances.
(d) His first wife.
5. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
3. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
4. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
5. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Rowser in Chapter 11, what changes are happening in the Northeast Group.
2. How does Owen look in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
4. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
5. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
6. What does Singh say about the desert in Chapter 12?
7. What unsettling information does Ann Maitland tell James in Chapter 10?
8. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
9. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
10. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)