|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Based on the revelations of the novel, who most likely tried to shoot James?
(a) A cult member.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A CIA operative.
(d) A Greek nationalist.
3. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
(c) The CIA.
(d) The KGB.
4. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
(a) To reveal the location of the next killing.
(b) To let him film a ritual murder.
(c) To introduce him to his cell.
(d) To set up a meeting with the cult's leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
2. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
3. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
4. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What does the A in Tap stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
2. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
3. How does James follow up on his Mani discovery later in Chapter 8?
4. How does Owen experience the murder in Chapter 12?
5. What unfortunate occurrence happens to David Keller in Chapter 13?
6. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
7. What does Singh say about the desert in Chapter 12?
8. How is Chapter 14 connected thematically to the rest of the novel?
9. According to Rowser in Chapter 11, what changes are happening in the Northeast Group.
10. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)