|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(c) Rampant sin.
2. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Packing up his flat.
(b) Making love.
(c) Visiting the Acropolis.
(d) Saying goodbye to Charles.
3. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
(a) Tap keeps interrupting him.
(b) The patrons refuse to talk to him.
(c) The door to the tavern is closed.
(d) His Greek is not good enough.
4. What is Janet Ruffing doing when James decides to sleep with her in Chapter 9?
(a) Telling a dirty joke.
(b) Taking a nap on the beach.
(d) Preparing a salad.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, David Keller cannot understand why he misses what?
(a) Casual business acquaintances.
(b) The dangerous countries he visits.
(c) His college days.
(d) His first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
2. On what topic does Sigh repeatedly expound in the Chapter 12?
3. What puts fear into James as he drives through the Mani in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Eliades say he wants to have dinner with James in Chapter 10?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
2. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
3. What is different about Chapter 14 from the rest of the novel?
4. What unfortunate occurrence happens to David Keller in Chapter 13?
5. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
6. What suspicions does James have about Eliades in Chapter 13?
7. How does DeLillo illustrate James' awkward relationship with his landlord in Chapter 10?
8. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
9. How did Del Nearing and Frank Volterra meet?
10. How is Chapter 14 connected thematically to the rest of the novel?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)