|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(a) David Keller.
(c) Ann Maitland.
2. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They are romantically involved.
(b) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
(c) They refuse to talk to each other.
(d) They both have the flu.
3. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does the A in Tap stand for?
5. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
(a) The Acropolis.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The Colloseum.
(d) Cleopatra's Needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
2. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
3. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
4. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Owen mistake James for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Rowser in Chapter 11, what changes are happening in the Northeast Group.
2. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
3. What point about the murders does Andahl make in Chapter 9?
4. How does Owen experience the murder in Chapter 12?
5. What does Singh say about the desert in Chapter 12?
6. How does Owen look in Chapter 12?
7. How does DeLillo illustrate James' awkward relationship with his landlord in Chapter 10?
8. What information does Andahl give about the cult in Chapter 9?
9. How is Chapter 14 connected thematically to the rest of the novel?
10. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)