|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Take in a symphony.
(c) Visit an old monastery library.
(d) Watch American football.
3. What does Andahl refused to divulge about the cult in Chapter 9?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its faith.
(c) Its origins.
(d) Its methods.
4. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) Aurora Borealis.
(c) An equinox.
(d) A harvest moon.
5. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His work.
(b) His family.
(c) His sexuality.
(d) His politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
2. What is distinct about the writing style of Chapter 14?
3. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
4. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
2. What unsettling information does Ann Maitland tell James in Chapter 10?
3. What suspicions does James have about Eliades in Chapter 13?
4. What information does Andahl give about the cult in Chapter 9?
5. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
6. How does DeLillo illustrate James' awkward relationship with his landlord in Chapter 10?
7. What point about the murders does Andahl make in Chapter 9?
8. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
9. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
10. How does Owen look in Chapter 12?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)