|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In discussing the methodology of the cult in Chapter 9, what does Andahl insist the cultists are not?
(c) Seasoned killers.
(d) Religious zealots.
2. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
(a) A manifesto.
(b) A clue.
(c) A warning.
(d) A signature.
3. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) The British Consul.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) Ann's new apartment.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
4. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
(a) Summer camp in rural Pennsylvania.
(b) Canadian winters.
(c) Autumn on Kouros.
(d) Springs in New York.
5. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Watch American football.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Take in a symphony.
(d) Visit an old monastery library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
2. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
3. What do the Keller's and James attempt to do to Hardeman after he passes out in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Eliades say he wants to have dinner with James in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
2. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
3. How does James find a new sense of comfortable stasis at the end of the novel?
4. What unfortunate occurrence happens to David Keller in Chapter 13?
5. What does James Axton learn in Bombay early in Chapter 11?
6. What unsettling information does Ann Maitland tell James in Chapter 10?
7. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
8. What prank do the Kellers and James try to play on Hardeman in Chapter 11?
9. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
10. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)