Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(c) David Keller.
(d) Ann Maitland.
2. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
(a) Its olive crops.
(b) Its isolationism.
(c) Its central location.
(d) Its weak military.
3. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is leaving Greece.
(b) Charles has a new job.
(c) Her son is getting married.
(d) Hardeman has died.
4. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To gain US citizenship.
(b) To kill Charles.
(c) To get closer to James.
(d) To learn American customs.
5. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
(a) He almost falls asleep in a conference with an emir.
(b) He almost falls off a rock precipice.
(c) He almost goes home with a transvestite.
(d) He is almost trampled by goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
2. Who is the presumptive writer of Chapter 14?
3. What unfortunate incident happens on James's second day of driving with Tap in Chapter 8?
4. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
5. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)