|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
(a) Why he is in Hawa Mandir.
(b) How many languages he speaks.
(c) What his name is.
(d) Where he is from.
2. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) The British Consul.
(d) Ann's new apartment.
3. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is leaving Greece.
(b) Charles has a new job.
(c) Her son is getting married.
(d) Hardeman has died.
4. Who is Andahl?
(a) Kathryn's new lover.
(b) A cult member.
(c) Anand's friend.
(d) Another analyst from Northeast Group.
5. What descriptor does Andahl use to describe the nature of the cult in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
2. What does James do in Chapter 8 to forget about the cult one sleepless night?
3. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
4. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
5. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Owen experience the murder in Chapter 12?
2. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
4. What unfortunate occurrence happens to David Keller in Chapter 13?
5. How does Owen look in Chapter 12?
6. What is different about Chapter 14 from the rest of the novel?
7. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
8. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
9. What suspicions does James have about Eliades in Chapter 13?
10. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)