|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary feature of the village of Hawa Mandir?
(a) Palm trees.
(c) Strip malls.
(d) Stone huts.
2. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
(a) He speaks in tongues.
(b) He sets fire to a bail of hay.
(c) He flees the church.
(d) He dies.
3. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A crippled boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A German tourist.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
(a) Making is dumber.
(b) Making it bigger.
(c) Making it more exciting.
(d) Making it louder.
5. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(b) The clear blue sky.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the congregation react to Orville's inability to speak in tongues in Chapter 14?
2. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
3. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
4. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
5. What does the A in Tap stand for?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)