|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andahl?
(a) Another analyst from Northeast Group.
(b) A cult member.
(c) Anand's friend.
(d) Kathryn's new lover.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
(a) Local rock formations.
(b) Local eateries.
(c) Local hotels.
(d) Local archeological digs.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Owen mistake James for?
(a) An assassin.
(c) His double.
(d) The angel of death.
4. In Chapter 9, what positive attribute does Del Nearing mention regarding Volterra?
(a) His artistry.
(b) His empathy.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) His generosity.
5. Why does Eliades say he wants to have dinner with James in Chapter 10?
(a) To inquire after the Maitlands.
(b) To discuss politics.
(c) To see how his Greek is doing.
(d) To look into a job at the Northeast Group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
3. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
4. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
5. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Rowser in Chapter 11, what changes are happening in the Northeast Group.
2. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
3. What does James Axton learn in Bombay early in Chapter 11?
4. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
5. How is Chapter 14 connected thematically to the rest of the novel?
6. What does Singh say about the desert in Chapter 12?
7. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
8. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
9. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
10. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)