|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
2. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
(a) The CIA.
(d) The KGB.
3. Which of the following characters is definitely a member of the cult?
4. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To learn American customs.
(b) To get closer to James.
(c) To kill Charles.
(d) To gain US citizenship.
5. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
2. With what other character does Hardeman work?
3. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
4. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
5. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traumatic experience happens to Orville Benton in Chapter 14?
2. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What prank do the Kellers and James try to play on Hardeman in Chapter 11?
4. How does DeLillo illustrate James' awkward relationship with his landlord in Chapter 10?
5. How does James find a new sense of comfortable stasis at the end of the novel?
6. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
7. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
8. How did Del Nearing and Frank Volterra meet?
9. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
10. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)