|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
(a) To introduce him to his cell.
(b) To set up a meeting with the cult's leader.
(c) To reveal the location of the next killing.
(d) To let him film a ritual murder.
2. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Her son is getting married.
(b) Charles has a new job.
(c) Hardeman has died.
(d) She is leaving Greece.
3. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
(a) He sets fire to a bail of hay.
(b) He dies.
(c) He speaks in tongues.
(d) He flees the church.
4. What does Charles specifically - and mistakenly - congratulate James for in Chapter 13?
(a) Winning custody of Tap.
(b) Making a fortune in kickbacks.
(c) Quitting the Northeast Group.
(d) Courting Ann.
5. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
2. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
3. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
4. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
5. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)