|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the revelations of the novel, who most likely tried to shoot James?
(a) A Greek nationalist.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A cult member.
(d) A CIA operative.
2. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
(b) The KGB.
(c) The CIA.
3. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
(a) Greek riots.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) The World Cup.
4. In Chapter 13, what does James admit to Lindsay Keller that he has never done?
(a) Given himself to someone.
(b) Liked himself.
(c) Been to Paris.
(d) Punched another person.
5. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the presumptive writer of Chapter 14?
2. What unfortunate incident happens on James's second day of driving with Tap in Chapter 8?
3. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What does James do in Chapter 8 to forget about the cult one sleepless night?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Owen mistake James for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
2. What suspicions does James have about Eliades in Chapter 13?
3. How does James follow up on his Mani discovery later in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
5. How does Owen experience the murder in Chapter 12?
6. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
7. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
8. What information does Andahl give about the cult in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
10. How does James seduce Janet Ruffing at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)