|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(c) New York.
2. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
(a) The divine.
3. What attribute of the cult do Owen and James realize in Chapter 7?
(a) It only travels by night.
(b) It is comprised only of men.
(c) It is comprised of different cells.
(d) It only kills during the solstice.
4. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He fantasizes about her.
(b) He is seeing someone new.
(c) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(d) He is jealous of Owen.
5. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) He has no means of transportation.
(b) He lost his return ticket to the States.
(c) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(d) His passport is nearly expired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Vosdanik explains that to the cult of lonely men, words are the vessels of what?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
3. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
5. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
2. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
3. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
4. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
5. Why are the Axtons separated?
6. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
7. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
8. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
9. Why is Volterra in Jordan in Chapter 6?
10. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)