|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does James say is the only thing he can remember in Greek?
2. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
(a) He wears gloves all the time.
(b) He never sleeps in the same hotel room twice.
(c) He travels under assumed names.
(d) He never sits with his back to a door.
3. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(b) He fantasizes about her.
(c) He is seeing someone new.
(d) He is jealous of Owen.
4. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) His passport is nearly expired.
(b) He has no means of transportation.
(c) He lost his return ticket to the States.
(d) Local authories don't like him investigating.
5. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
(a) His American heritage.
(c) His religion.
(d) His wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
2. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
4. What event precipitated the separation of the Axtons?
5. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
2. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
3. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
4. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
6. Why is Volterra in Jordan in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Owen Brademas.
8. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
9. What indication exists in Chapter 1 that relations are strained between James and Kathryn?
10. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)