|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is Owen visiting when he meets the two strange men in the tomb caves?
(a) An arena.
(b) A citadel.
(c) A monastery.
(d) An observatory.
2. Why is Kathryn Maitland living on the island of Kouros?
(a) She is there writing her novel.
(b) He parents live there.
(c) Tap is attending a renowned prep school there.
(d) She is workikng an archeological dig there.
3. What type of church did Owen attend as a child?
4. What is the subject of Volterra's breakout documentary?
(a) A wildfire in the Ardens.
(b) The savings-and-load scandal
(c) His affair with an again Manhattanite.
(d) The last days of his dying father.
5. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) The Tomatina.
(b) The Virgin's Feast.
(c) The Yule Log Festival.
(d) Whit Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
2. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
3. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
4. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does James Axton do in Europe?
3. Describe the murder in Kouros.
4. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
5. Describe Tap Axton.
6. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
7. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
8. What theory about the language cult does James present to Owen in Chapter 7?
9. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
10. Why is Volterra in Jordan in Chapter 6?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)