|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(d) British Columbia.
2. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
(a) Teach in a comfortable university.
(b) Sleep all day long.
(c) Pretend to do work in the trenches.
(d) Read ancient stones.
4. What do information do the two men in Owen's Chapter 2 story ask of him?
(a) How many languages he speaks.
(b) Where he was born.
(c) What his business in Matala is.
(d) Who is father was.
5. Who joins James and Ann at lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) James's nephew.
(b) Charles's aunt.
(c) Ann's sister.
(d) Ann's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Who else is on the bus that Volterra, James, and Del take in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
2. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
3. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
4. What does James Axton do in Europe?
5. Describe Owen Brademas.
6. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
7. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
8. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
9. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
10. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)