|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where is Kathryn thinking of moving to with Tap?
(a) New Delhi.
2. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
(a) The Greek mainland.
3. What does Anand confide to James about Owen in Chapter 4?
(a) He has had more contact with the cave people than he lets on.
(b) He is continuing to run the dig to defraud the university of money.
(c) He is sleeping with Kathryn.
(d) He has forged his academic credentials.
4. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He fantasizes about her.
(b) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(c) He is jealous of Owen.
(d) He is seeing someone new.
5. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
(a) A phrasebook.
(b) A bottle of sunscreen.
(c) A map.
(d) A copy of the Koran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do Tap and James encounter when they go hiking in Chapter 5?
2. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
3. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
4. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admission does James make to Lindsay Keller in Chapter 13?
2. Why is James ridiculed by his friends in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Owen go to Lake Rajsamand?
5. What transpires during James' evening with Del Nearing in Chapter 10?
6. What point about the murders does Andahl make in Chapter 9?
7. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
8. Why is Owen uncomfortable talking about the Feast of the Virgin in Chapter 2?
9. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
10. How is Owen's connection to the cave people addressed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)