|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) He lost his return ticket to the States.
(b) His passport is nearly expired.
(c) He has no means of transportation.
(d) Local authories don't like him investigating.
2. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
(a) Flying his plane.
(c) Rebuilding up his classic car.
(d) Tending his flower garden.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
(b) Greeting cards.
(c) Their phone numbers.
(d) Personal secrets.
4. In Chapter 6, why does Volterra think Del should be more awed by their surroundings?
(a) She has never been outside of the States.
(b) She is high.
(c) She has always wanted to visit the Holy Land.
(d) She is a Jew.
5. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
(a) Sleep an entire day.
(b) Follow Kathryn to the bedroom.
(c) Get another drink with Owen.
(d) Catch a boat to the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
2. Why is James concerned about Tap in Chapter 1?
3. What does Anand confide to James about Owen in Chapter 4?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
5. How do Tap, Kathryn and James travel to the dig in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
2. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
3. Why is James ridiculed by his friends in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
6. Why is Volterra in Jordan in Chapter 6?
7. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
8. What theories do Kathryn and Owen posit about the killings in Chapter 5?
9. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
10. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)