|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
2. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
(a) A primary school.
(b) A dry cleaners.
(c) A 7-11.
(d) An advertising firm.
3. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
(a) Tending his flower garden.
(b) Flying his plane.
(d) Rebuilding up his classic car.
4. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
(a) A pear orchard.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A playground.
(d) An olive grove.
5. During their argument in Chapter 5, what does Kathryn call James?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) A fool.
(c) A fascist.
(d) An alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, James says that Kathryn once attacked him with what household item?
3. What event precipitated the separation of the Axtons?
4. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does James steal from the fridge at his wife's apartment in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
2. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
3. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
4. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
5. Describe Kathryn and James' argument in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Tap Axton.
7. Describe Owen Brademas.
8. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
9. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
10. Why are the Axtons separated?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)