|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
(a) The Middle East.
(b) The Soviet Bloc of Europe.
(c) French Indochina.
(d) Sub-Saharan Africa.
2. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
(a) Her faults.
(b) Her aspirations.
(c) Her grievances.
(d) Her affairs.
3. What does James steal from the fridge at his wife's apartment in Chapter 1?
(b) A sandwich.
(d) A beer.
4. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) Tap's schooling.
(c) Her relationship with Owen.
(d) The importance of the dig.
5. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(c) Making plans.
(d) Making assuptions about others.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
2. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
3. What scares Owen about religion?
4. According to Owen in Chapter 5, what has America become?
5. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
2. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
3. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
4. Why is Owen uncomfortable talking about the Feast of the Virgin in Chapter 2?
5. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
6. How has Kathryn Axton changes since separating from James?
7. What does James Axton do in Europe?
8. Describe Owen Brademas.
9. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
10. How is Owen's connection to the cave people addressed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)