|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
2. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
(a) The Duomo.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) The Park Guelle.
3. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(c) British Columbia.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
(a) Sleep all day long.
(b) Pretend to do work in the trenches.
(c) Read ancient stones.
(d) Teach in a comfortable university.
5. In Chapter 1, what does James say is the only thing he can remember in Greek?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Vosdanik explains that to the cult of lonely men, words are the vessels of what?
2. What European city does James Axton have an apartment in?
3. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 7, Owen claims to be good at finding what when studying faith?
5. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Owen uncomfortable talking about the Feast of the Virgin in Chapter 2?
2. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
3. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Why does James Axton like having late-night talks with Owen and Kathryn?
5. Describe Tap Axton.
6. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
7. What theory about the language cult does James present to Owen in Chapter 7?
8. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
9. Why are the Axtons separated?
10. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)