|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Owen Brademas promote Kathryn so quickly?
(a) She thinks she is a prodigy.
(b) His workers were quitting.
(c) She helped him get a book published.
(d) She was sleeping with him.
2. What attribute of the cult do Owen and James realize in Chapter 7?
(a) It is comprised of different cells.
(b) It only kills during the solstice.
(c) It is comprised only of men.
(d) It only travels by night.
3. What scares Owen about religion?
(a) The non-governmental hierarchy.
(b) The iconography.
(c) Masses of people with the same emotion.
(d) The wars it engenders.
4. What location is Owen visiting when he meets the two strange men in the tomb caves?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A citadel.
(c) An observatory.
(d) An arena.
5. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) James leaves early.
(b) James makes fun of Charles's baldness.
(c) James guesses who Ann is sleeping with.
(d) James breaks a lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins James and Ann at lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What European city does James Axton have an apartment in?
3. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
4. When did Kathryn begin her work with Owen?
5. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
2. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
3. What does James Axton do in Europe?
4. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
5. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
6. Describe Tap Axton.
7. What theories do Kathryn and Owen posit about the killings in Chapter 5?
8. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
9. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
10. Describe Kathryn and James' argument in Chapter 5?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)