|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He has family in the Soviet Union.
(b) He used to work on the dig.
(c) He was a recent transplant.
(d) He was mentally challenged.
2. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
3. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
(a) Hating him.
(b) Misleading Volterra.
(c) Purposely sabotaging the dig.
(d) Sleeping with Kathryn.
4. What is Anand's profession?
5. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What European city does James Axton have an apartment in?
2. In Chapter 4, where is Kathryn thinking of moving to with Tap?
3. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
4. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
5. What advice does Rowser give James in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
2. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
3. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
5. In Chapter 8, what does James see in Mani that shakes him up?
6. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
7. Describe Kathryn and James' argument in Chapter 5?
8. How has Kathryn Axton changes since separating from James?
9. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
10. What is different about Chapter 14 from the rest of the novel?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)