|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
(a) He understands the democracy of Greece.
(b) He shares goals with the remaining workers on the dig.
(c) He is still in Europe.
(d) He has friends on Kouros.
2. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
3. What does James steal from the fridge at his wife's apartment in Chapter 1?
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A beer.
4. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A weekend in Italy.
(b) A little cash to hold him over.
(c) A ride to the train station.
(d) A stay in Athens.
5. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A playground.
(c) An olive grove.
(d) A pear orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
2. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
3. What is the subject of Volterra's breakout documentary?
4. According to James in Chapter 1, what does Kathryn think life should be?
5. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
2. What unfortunate occurrence happens to David Keller in Chapter 13?
3. Where is Volterra in his planning for the cult film at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Describe Kathryn and James' argument in Chapter 5?
5. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
6. Why is James ridiculed by his friends in the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
8. What point about the murders does Andahl make in Chapter 9?
9. Why does James Axton like having late-night talks with Owen and Kathryn?
10. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)