|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where is Kathryn thinking of moving to with Tap?
(a) New Delhi.
2. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His den.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His balcony.
3. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Mackintosh.
(b) A Chesterfield.
(c) A Wellington.
(d) An Ingersoll.
4. What is Anand's profession?
5. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
(a) Hating him.
(b) Sleeping with Kathryn.
(c) Purposely sabotaging the dig.
(d) Misleading Volterra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is on the bus that Volterra, James, and Del take in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
3. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
4. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
5. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange coincidence does James notice at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Describe the murder in Kouros.
3. According to Owen in Chapter 5, Why does the world hate America?
4. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
5. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
6. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
7. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
8. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
9. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
10. Why are the Axtons separated?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)