|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Del Nearing?
(a) Volterra's assistant.
(b) Volterra's translater.
(c) A Sabre tour-guide.
(d) James's lover.
2. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
3. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) Tap's schooling.
(c) The importance of the dig.
(d) Her relationship with Owen.
4. With whom does Eliades talk throughout most of dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) The Bordens.
(c) Lindsay Keller.
(d) Ann Maitland.
5. Who else is on the bus that Volterra, James, and Del take in Chapter 6?
(a) Israeli military.
(b) Muslim pilgrims.
(c) Baptist missionaries.
(d) Japanese students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anand confide to James about Owen in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
4. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
5. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
2. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
3. Describe Owen Brademas.
4. Why is James ridiculed by his friends in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why is Owen uncomfortable talking about the Feast of the Virgin in Chapter 2?
6. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
7. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
8. What theories do Kathryn and Owen posit about the killings in Chapter 5?
9. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
10. What explanation of the language cult's motives does Vosdanik offer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)