Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does James dream about in Chapter 6?
2. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Axton.
(c) Owen Brademas.
(d) Oedipus Rex.
3. What country is David Keller going to be air-dropped into in Chapter 5?
4. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(b) He has no means of transportation.
(c) His passport is nearly expired.
(d) He lost his return ticket to the States.
5. What scares Owen about religion?
(a) The iconography.
(b) The non-governmental hierarchy.
(c) Masses of people with the same emotion.
(d) The wars it engenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters admits to having never been to a famous monument in Chapter 1?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
3. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
4. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does David Keller make James in Chapter 8, and how does James respond?
2. Describe the murder in Kouros.
3. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
4. According to Owen in Chapter 5, Why does the world hate America?
5. Describe the political argument that James and Eliades have in Chapter 10.
6. How does James learn the truth behind the CIA in Chapter 13?
7. What information does Andahl give about the cult in Chapter 9?
8. How does James follow up on his Mani discovery later in Chapter 8?
9. How is Owen's connection to the cave people addressed in Chapter 4?
10. How has Rowser become more paranoid in Chapter 11?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)