|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(a) Making plans.
(b) Making assuptions about others.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
(a) Making travel memorable.
(b) Making aging stop.
(c) Making oneself seem more important.
(d) Making marriage bearable.
3. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) He lost his return ticket to the States.
(b) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(c) His passport is nearly expired.
(d) He has no means of transportation.
4. Who is Mrs. Helen?
(a) Ann's housekeeper.
(b) Rowser's wife.
(c) James's secretary.
(d) Charles's employer.
5. What European city does James Axton have an apartment in?
(a) West Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Kathryn Maitland living on the island of Kouros?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
4. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
5. What offer does James make to Charles in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Axton do in Europe?
2. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
3. Describe Tap Axton.
4. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
5. What theory about the language cult does James present to Owen in Chapter 7?
6. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
7. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
8. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
9. What indication exists in Chapter 1 that relations are strained between James and Kathryn?
10. In Chapter 4, what plan does Kathryn have for after her dig ends?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)