|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their argument in Chapter 5, what does Kathryn call James?
(a) A fascist.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A fool.
2. In Chapter 7, where has Owen just returned from?
(a) A university in Istanbul.
(b) The Mobi Desert.
(c) Mountains in southern Greece.
(d) An island in the Aegean.
3. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
5. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Wellington.
(b) A Mackintosh.
(c) A Chesterfield.
(d) An Ingersoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. At dinner in Chapter 3, the expatriates decide that traveling is like collecting what?
2. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 6, why does Volterra think Del should be more awed by their surroundings?
4. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
5. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
2. How is Rowser's lifestyle strange given his position?
3. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How has Charles Maitland changed of late?
5. What explanation of the language cult's motives does Vosdanik offer in Chapter 6?
6. How did James Axton begin working at Northeast Group?
7. How has Kathryn Axton changes since separating from James?
8. Describe the tiff that Charles Maitland and James have at the end of Chapter 7.
9. Why is Owen uncomfortable talking about the Feast of the Virgin in Chapter 2?
10. What theory about the language cult does James present to Owen in Chapter 7?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)