|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
(b) The Greek mainland.
2. What do information do the two men in Owen's Chapter 2 story ask of him?
(a) Where he was born.
(b) Who is father was.
(c) How many languages he speaks.
(d) What his business in Matala is.
3. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(c) Making assuptions about others.
(d) Making plans.
4. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
5. Why did James decline to work with Northeast Group initially?
(a) He did not want to leave Kathryn.
(b) He did not trust Rowser.
(c) He felt he was over-qualified.
(d) He dislikes air travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What danger do Tap and James encounter when they go hiking in Chapter 5?
3. What has been the purpose of Volterra's recent excursions in Chapter 6?
4. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
5. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Volterra in Jordan in Chapter 6?
2. What does James Axton do in Europe?
3. What indication exists in Chapter 1 that relations are strained between James and Kathryn?
4. Describe the murder in Kouros.
5. How is Owen haunted by his childhood memories of religion?
6. How do Kathryn and James discuss their relationship in Chapter 2?
7. What is James and Kathryn's relationship with Volterra?
8. What story does Owen tell about a cave in Chapter 2?
9. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
10. How is Owen's connection to the cave people addressed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)