|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
3. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
(a) He never sits with his back to a door.
(b) He travels under assumed names.
(c) He wears gloves all the time.
(d) He never sleeps in the same hotel room twice.
4. How does Kathryn describe her and James' post-separation relationship in Chapter 2?
5. What advice does Rowser give James in Chapter 3?
(a) Get divorced as soon as possible.
(b) Take a safe job in the States.
(c) Stay out of Lebanon.
(d) Invest in Greek government bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
2. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
3. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
5. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation of the language cult's motives does Vosdanik offer in Chapter 6?
2. Describe Tap Axton.
3. How is Owen's connection to the cave people addressed in Chapter 4?
4. What plan does Volterra have for his life after film?
5. What do Owen and James talk about at the end of Chapter 2?
6. What does James Axton do in Europe?
7. Describe the awkward lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7.
8. What conversation do Eliades and James have at dinner in Chapter 3?
9. Describe Kathryn and James' argument in Chapter 5?
10. Describe the murder in Kouros.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)